Community > Posts By > ronchil

ronchil's photo
Tue 05/20/08 03:24 AM
MsCarmen>>>my grandmother used to live in Marion on my fathers side and my mothers side lived in Meadowview (Abingdon). Beautiful area!

ronchil's photo
Sun 05/18/08 05:21 AM
It is sad when it takes so long for Federal wage standards to go up, especially when the costs of everything else goes up overnight.

Some states do have higher minimum rates than the Federal rate, but if the state minimum is lower than the Fed rate, the employee is entitled to the higher of the two. Virginia is at $5.85 (which is the Fed rate) and will go up to $6.55 this July and $7.25 in July of '09. I remember when I was in the Army that there were many of the lower enlisted families who qualified for Federal assistance, that is very sad as well. We did get pay raises, but were never near the national pay rates for the types of job and hours we worked.

Good luck, and take advantage of any Govt. program that we are qualified for! Your taxes pay for them, reap the benefits, if any.

ronchil's photo
Sat 04/19/08 06:06 AM

Is it the challenge? Is it refusal to confess or accept that you don't know it ALL? Or, do men just like pulling their hair out? ohwell

Good question. I'll use a map, no worries there, and as for pulling my hair out...ahem...

I feel like I am mechanically inclined, so most times it "appears" to be a no-brainer. Most times it is easy, but there are those times when things are not what they appear to be, hence...yeah, I guess I could have saved an hour by reading the manual. I don't think it is because I am stubborn, or full of myself at all.

ronchil's photo
Sat 04/19/08 05:55 AM
hehehehe...guilty.

ronchil's photo
Sat 04/19/08 05:53 AM
I am not a bar hopper, but when I start to feel the "woe is me" stuff, I check the local paper to see what kinds of events are going on and head out the door. Staying at home and living vicariously through the internet cannot fix anything, but is can be a plethora of advice from folks of all walks of life.

ronchil's photo
Sat 04/19/08 05:45 AM
Alone as in; not having a "significant other"? or not dating?

I am pretty much content, but when one starts feeling lonely..that is not good.

Get out there and meet some people.

ronchil's photo
Sat 04/19/08 04:37 AM
It is a beautiful day here as well! After I consume a sufficient quantity of coffee, I'll decide on something outdoors to do. Can't waste this day.

Good morning.

ronchil's photo
Wed 04/16/08 06:51 PM
Yum! I add chocolate chips to the batter too.

ronchil's photo
Wed 04/16/08 03:26 AM

If I have the time, I like to piss them off by keeping them talking, asking them stupid things about there product and trying not to understand, in the end if they don't hang up first (many do) I say no thank you. after all I did not ask them to call ! drinker

I did the same thing before getting on the "Do Not Call List". Ask them a lot of "What if's". Even though I know they are trying to make a living, it was a PITA.

ronchil's photo
Mon 04/14/08 06:15 PM
Shaden,
Thank you as well. I guess that I feel a little guilty. He lived with his mother up until last July and since moving here he has grown into a better person. He should have been with me much longer ago, but we all know how that goes.

It was a challenging change for me, from being solo, but I am sure that I will slowly manage to find someone with patience.

I have dated but after a couple of weeks I have to explain that my son is not a pet that can be left alone every day and every weekend.

ronchil's photo
Mon 04/14/08 02:22 PM
I guess that you are right. I am "picky" about when the kids (if ever) meet someone I am dating. I really don't need a babysitter, he is 15 but has only lived here since July. I just want to make sure that I balance my time. I don't want him to think that I am out having fun every weekend, etc. I just have to make sure that whomever I date understands that I am not available 24-7.

Thanks for the input SuzinVA, it is appreciated.

ronchil's photo
Sun 04/13/08 06:02 AM
..because the paranoids are out to get me!

ronchil's photo
Sun 04/13/08 05:44 AM
So, any single parents out there, how do you manage dating and starting/having a relationship? I am a full time Dad and it seems to put a strain on that activity. His mother lives 8 hours away, so he has custody of me all the time. Suggestions? Advice?

ronchil's photo
Sat 04/12/08 05:03 AM
Greetings neighbors. I just thought that I would stop in and say hello. I hope that everyone has a great weekend!

Ron