Community > Posts By > jlg30

no photo
Tue 04/15/08 04:19 PM
I personally would not be so quick to jump into the dating pool right now. My ex & I were pretty much finished when I was a few weeks into my pregnancy, but didn't officially split up until my daughter was 5 weeks old. I couldn't even imagine starting a relationship during my pregancy. First of all, you just recently broke up with your bf, so jumping into another relationship so soon might be construed as rebounding. Considering you are 4 months pregnant, this must be a very recent break up. Second, & most importantly, you have a daughter who not only has to adjust to a new baby, but would also have to adjust to a new man/men in moms life. It just seems like a little much for a child to have to take in. Let this be a great opportunity to spend very quality time alone with her without anyone else in your way- & before the baby arrives.

no photo
Mon 04/07/08 08:05 PM
I recently heard Einstein didn't walk until closer to 3

no photo
Sun 04/06/08 11:49 PM

I can't imagine looking for a man with a 5 month old to raise. First things first. Raise your child; then you can pursue your own thing. This is what I did. I did not want my child subjected to a string of "uncles". Also, raising a child is pretty much a full time thing. There is not much time for worrying about having a boyfriend. Everything comes in its own time.

I understand where you're coming from, my child comes first & foremost. However, is there really anything wrong with finding someone I can hang out with once or twice a week?

No, of course not. I never said there was anything wrong with it. Just that my priorities were different.

At what point would it be okay? My daughter is my number one priority.

I never said it wasn't ok. I just said that my priorities were different. I wouldn't have been looking for dates when my daughter was small, but that is just me. I dated one person when she was about 12, but I was not looking for it; it was just one of those things. She will be 18 in June and my job is almost done, finally. Soon I will be free to have my own life.

I can completely understand where you're coming from. The thing for me is that I'll be 30 next month & would love to have more children someday. Besides missing the companionship for myself, I would also like my daughter to have a great male role model in her life, because my ex has pretty much turned deadbeat.

no photo
Sun 04/06/08 11:36 PM

I can't imagine looking for a man with a 5 month old to raise. First things first. Raise your child; then you can pursue your own thing. This is what I did. I did not want my child subjected to a string of "uncles". Also, raising a child is pretty much a full time thing. There is not much time for worrying about having a boyfriend. Everything comes in its own time.

I understand where you're coming from, my child comes first & foremost. However, is there really anything wrong with finding someone I can hang out with once or twice a week?

No, of course not. I never said there was anything wrong with it. Just that my priorities were different.

At what point would it be okay? My daughter is my number one priority.

no photo
Sun 04/06/08 11:33 PM

no photo
Sun 04/06/08 11:24 PM

really darling i was joking laughter can get u through some hard timesflowerforyou

I know! That's why I put 50 miles max on my profile... I'm not flying ANYWHERE!:wink:

no photo
Sun 04/06/08 11:20 PM

your criteria states someone approaching you needs to be a female . . . you might wanna change that, otherwise just wait and watch . . . one never knows and should always keep their options open.

It does? Yikes! Thanks for the heads uplaugh

no photo
Sun 04/06/08 11:19 PM

If you say all that, yeah... but you're pretty flippen gorgeous.. they might be more than willing to look past it!laugh flowerforyou

Thanks, doll! I guess that's what I'm hoping

no photo
Sun 04/06/08 11:17 PM
LOL- Thanks, that's reassuring!

no photo
Sun 04/06/08 11:15 PM
I'm having a difficult time putting myself out there in the dating world again. I don't even know where to begin. My ex & I split up when our daughter was 5 weeks old. My mom insisted I move in with her so I wouldn't be stuck taking care of a newborn alone & I'm in the process of a career change. My daughter is now 5 months old & I cannot help but wonder if virtually every guy would run from me knowing my situation. I have so much to offer, have a heart of gold & my sanity is well intact considering recent stressors. I don't feel desperate, I just miss the companionship a relationship offers. Which brings me to my original question: Should I even be on here? Or would most guys view me as baggage ridden?