Community > Posts By > differentlady

no photo
Mon 12/03/12 10:16 AM
Ok thanks

no photo
Mon 12/03/12 10:08 AM
Ok thank you... Am new to this site. I guess I'll post it as a new topic.

no photo
Mon 12/03/12 10:01 AM
How to start a blog? I am trying to post one. Need help

no photo
Tue 11/20/12 05:48 PM
I know how you feel. I dated a man for one year and the relationship ended because he told me i talk to much and ask too many question. I said what the fxxk. He said the only way our relationship could continue if I cut back on my talking. He said he enjoyed spending time with me and love going out with me but hated when I asked him too many questions.That was because i used to trap him up in his lies. What a waste of my time..........

no photo
Tue 11/20/12 05:17 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments and providing us with your thoughts on this subject. Some of you guys made very good points.

no photo
Sun 11/18/12 05:14 PM

Years ago I came to terms with the fact that I'm just not a "normal person." (Or woman!)...I accepted that I'll never be every man's "dream woman" or "cup of tea" due to the fact that I'm so "different."...So I stopped competing and entering into "races" for "normal guys." (Since I'm not "normal" myself!)...I accepted that it would be like searching for a needle in a haystack to find a man who would be a good "match" for me!...Eventually I found a "non-normal man" who was a great "match" for me. And we had a happy life together and a 24 year marriage. (Until he passed away. Sad!)...One "size" doesn't really "fit" everyone! We don't "say yes" to every salesperson who comes knocking at our door. Most of us are selective when it comes to deciding what we want to buy. (Or not!) And I feel the same way about relationships...I'd rather "hold-out" and "go without" than settle for a "bad fit" or "match!"

no photo
Thu 11/15/12 05:55 PM

Why some people are afraid or intimidated by rejection? We probably could come up with a million things.
Some people play it safe because they are afraid of rejection. Some people don’t try new things because they are afraid things may not turn out the way they want. Females don’t approach guys because they are afraid of rejection. I am old skool, I think a man supposes to approach a female in public places not the other way around. Dating sites makes it easier for people to communicate or approach opposite sex. Just my opinion.

no photo
Wed 11/14/12 05:00 PM
Edited by differentlady on Wed 11/14/12 05:01 PM

My boys are still young, so i have no time (or the will) to go out and mingle. But the nights do get lonely and i find myself wanting some one there with me. How do you guys cope with it? Dating is really a new thing to me, i dont know where to even start. Any tips?

I wish I could give you some helpful advice. Am in the same situation. My kids keep me so busy that I barely have lonely moments up till last week when I was bored crazy cause they were out of town. Its hard to date when you have kids and work but we have to believe that good things are on the way soon, just don't rush it. It will happen unexpected. My advice is to stay as active, busy and productive as you can. Doing this helps me. I just refuse to give in to anykind of man.

Check my post out--- Lonely

no photo
Wed 11/14/12 04:48 PM

Regardless what some articular says if there is no attraction what so ever there will not be a second date.

If he is rude and crude and a totally azz there will not be a second date.

There has to be something that attracts me to him as him to me...Be it his personality ect .....I've never figured out why some want to keep dating even if there is nothing that catches their attention to want that second, third or forth date..

At times if I'm not sure then sure I've went on a second date to make sure...But I will not go on a third if there is nothing there...after the second one...

I did read the link and actually it is pretty good.

You are so right if there's no attraction so whats so ever than there would be no second date; that could be anything from his smile to the things he say on the first date. My advice would be to make the first date a day he/ she would remember. Have great conversation and so forth.

no photo
Wed 11/14/12 04:33 PM

I can respect you for holding true and strong to yourself. You owe yourself that much. Don't put yourself through meaningless heartache or with just any guy to whom you may not see in your future. Find a man that meets your needs and that you can meet his. "Don't be a woman that needs a man, be a woman that a man needs." And vice verse.

Thanks Girl and I like how you put that" be a woman a man needs"

no photo
Sat 11/10/12 07:59 PM

well I am off to bed... Gn!!!

Goodnight

no photo
Sat 11/10/12 07:57 PM

This is why I have friends in my head.

OMG..... What friends? I hope I don't have to use my counsling skills on your ***..... lol

no photo
Sat 11/10/12 07:56 PM
You know what i might step out.... I haven't been out in about 4 years..

no photo
Sat 11/10/12 07:53 PM

where we headed?

No where tonight.... maybe...

no photo
Sat 11/10/12 07:46 PM

pretty. heavy. for a Saturday night post lol Yeah I am looking forward to the holidays .... love the fall ... good time to be lonely lol

I mean bittersweet is fitting with the leaves changing and all

LOL keep it coming..... But true it's heavy for a saturday night post. Am already feeling a lil better

yes many of us are cracking open the Ninth or so natural ice.... found that comment as dêep as the Peter north flick that was on.

:) Thats how i was feeling at that moment but now the night is taking a turn

no photo
Sat 11/10/12 07:34 PM

pretty. heavy. for a Saturday night post lol Yeah I am looking forward to the holidays .... love the fall ... good time to be lonely lol

I mean bittersweet is fitting with the leaves changing and all

LOL keep it coming..... But true it's heavy for a saturday night post. Am already feeling a lil better

no photo
Sat 11/10/12 07:32 PM

Just pick an 80%er and beat his azz till the other twenty percent shows up.

Lol, Funny

no photo
Sat 11/10/12 07:05 PM
Edited by differentlady on Sat 11/10/12 07:19 PM
I always tell people am single by choice and the truth is I am single because there's very little real men around. I mean it’s some truth to that statement (by choice) because anyone can pick up any kind of man. I don’t want any kind of man; I want the man that was made for me. I refuse to give up on the hope of finding 80% of what am looking for. I rather be, by myself then to lay up with a none-thing man. I want to give myself to someone who deserves me. It’s a Saturday night in am all alone. My kids are out of town and I’m missing them like crazy. They keep me busy and focus to the point I don’t have a boring moment. I thank god for my kids because feeling like this every night would be unbearable. I should be finishing up homework or enjoying me right now but instead I am bored crazy. Just my thought

no photo
Wed 11/07/12 06:26 PM
so true

no photo
Wed 11/07/12 06:22 PM
You are so right.....

Previous 1