Community > Posts By > spartans31

spartans31's photo
Tue 03/25/08 11:13 PM
hockey goalie:
its hard enough to know how to skate and handle the puck with a stick. Now add all that padding. Then add 90-100mph pucks hitting you, and not always in the padding, constantly. Not to mention all the times he is stepped on and slashed by skates and sticks when there is a scramble in his crease.

spartans31's photo
Tue 03/25/08 10:45 PM
everyone chooses what they do. You cannot say a person is not free just because they dont live in america. They have the choice to live where ever they want - where there is a will there is a way.

spartans31's photo
Tue 03/25/08 10:22 PM
We were all born with the belief that freedom is the only way of life - I personally believe this to be true. I think we could all agree that freedom is a basic human right. We all live by rules but ones we agree with or at least can live with. When we come across a rule we absolutely cannot live by we simply dont live by it. People give their lives and wars are started over that simple principle. Anyone living in this country would also agree that freedom does not exist where there is absolute power. So why, I ask, do some people worship a god with absolute power and absolute rules, some of which are not just, that result in ones eternal suffering if broken?