Community > Posts By > DurtySoufMofo

DurtySoufMofo's photo
Mon 10/29/12 08:10 AM
I'm soo single but I'm sure its not for long though :wink:

DurtySoufMofo's photo
Tue 10/09/12 10:50 PM

I'm feeling you there. I had a couple of good ones out of the bunch. A girl and a guy. They were sharp as a whip. I had them doing short orders in 2hours. They should have been cooks. They got burned too.

...If the cooks mess up or takes too long then the waiter hears about it. People like drinks with meals so the bartenders do that job for the waiters. The bus boys clean off the tables quickly so more people can be sat.

I guess that is why I don't mind the tip share. ...Oh I did forget the host/hostess. I did that job too and let me tell you, the waits were hard. No one likes to wait for a table. They are on the front line of it all

Poor girl. She really has no control over what comes back off the dining floor. Let alone through the door. And she was the cashier too. She was also a shield for managers. First Contact, never put your captain out front.

DurtySoufMofo's photo
Tue 10/09/12 09:34 PM

grr.baby grr..do I need to say more...hehe

Ahh. How about that? Someone who knows a Scorpio. We're not as bad as they say we can be. We're just misunderstood. Burn baby burndevil

DurtySoufMofo's photo
Tue 10/09/12 09:22 PM

It sucks when people have to share tips. What if someone worked hard and earned a large tip and they have to share it with someone lazy and rude who does not deserve it??? That is not fair!!!

Now this part I do agree with you. I have never worked where I had to share tips with other wait staff....

I have seen it too many times where you have those that should not be waiting tables but making the same as eveyone...Not right to me...

The bus boys clear the tables so the wait staff can seat people quickly .....having the bus boys bus and set the table, helps a lot!

I'm feeling you there. I had a couple of good ones out of the bunch. A girl and a guy. They were sharp as a whip. I had them doing short orders in 2hours. They should have been cooks. They got burned too.

DurtySoufMofo's photo
Tue 10/09/12 09:00 PM
I worked in a restaurant years ago as a cook and let me tell ya I saw those girls work hard. Certain differences about them produced varying results, but they worked it though. They had to deal with each others mess or lack of and the customers attitudes, especially the ones during a bar rush. They made good money. I should know cause I had to do it when everyone calls out but the cook and two managers. Give you 3 guesses who busted ***. During a bar rush, I took in over 650 dollars in tips from waitressing and cooking. My managers caught a few dollars on a weak fly. But here's where it sucked, they had to take all their tips and pool it in together and divvy it up between them. In a way it looked like a separate payroll account. The money was taxed of course and then hit with the individual tax. It had been snowing that week. A girl here and there would show up but I worked those floors alone cause I only stayed a block away. Something about alcohol and snow..I don't know, but I raked in $5000+ for the week. They girls were my friends so I put it all into the pot. Hell I had super mad overtime. I was triple for 45 hours in 3 days. Some cooks and others had snow day insurance with hours from their vacation applied. The waitresses didn't have that luxury, so yeah, it sucked. So, I helped. That occupation is a (*JOB*). It's up close and personal to another human being. Not over a phone or behind a computer or even up under a hood of a car. Did I like what I was doing? Lets just say grilling that steak or flipping pancakes was more enjoyable. Those girls deserve more in that industry; benefits, insurance packages and the whole 9. That kind of service is worth more than the fifty cents found under a overturned ashtray.

DurtySoufMofo's photo
Tue 10/09/12 08:19 PM
Full blooded Scorpios are a mess. Cusps are worse. Guess which one I am? Either way, I love it.

DurtySoufMofo's photo
Tue 10/09/12 08:13 PM
Edited by DurtySoufMofo on Tue 10/09/12 08:15 PM
What's good people? How's the crew doing? I'm new to this site and it seems quite familiar. I can't put my finger on it except to say this. I hope it can keep up to the standards that I'm used to from the other site. Other than that....:banana: Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!