Community > Posts By > Jrod4320

Jrod4320's photo
Wed 03/12/08 09:42 PM
I can tell that you truly enjoy your own writing and I bet you think it is swell. I am here to give you constructive critique if it matters. I write poetry professionally and yet there are no rules poetry must contain imagery. Yours is very shallow. Dont take this to heart because some of the best poets come from many years of trial and error. I only suggest that you work more on showing rather than the message, (whatever that is). Show me where these decrepIT angels crawl. Show me this land that is a pit of fire and so forth. You may want to check spelling before you post. Mispelled words dont hold your pen credible. I appretiate anyone who has a desire to express themselves poetically as I appreciate your attempt but I think you can do better and this is why I took the time to write to you. For example; if you are writing about a rose explain to me what every pedal looks like. Show me the thorns and their painful consequence. Describe the colors without cliches. Bring out the results from the lack of water. Showing is knowing in poetry. If this does not satisfy you then ask me to write, I will, and then I will reveal my true identity.