Community > Posts By > Unknow

no photo
Thu 01/24/19 09:38 PM
No dis'cussing!

no photo
Thu 01/24/19 09:23 PM

It is multi faceted. Those suffering mental illness DEFINITELY need help. And the manufacture and sale of guns DEFINITELY needs safer guidelines and laws, which need to then be enforced.

I possess a carry permit from the state of Indiana. Most state laws are similar to each other. Before applying I did a study of state laws regarding hand guns. Federal laws are plenty in abundance. The problem is enforcement is not properly being acted on. If laws that now exist arn't being acted on what will new laws do? In Indiana this individual could never have legally purchased a weapon. He would have had to obtain one illegally.

But then the question of the prison job he had comes up. This is an example of laws and background checks that are on the books now that are not being enforced. Until existing laws are rigorously applied we are wasting our time generating more that, in the end, will only limit legal citizens.

I've argued for decades that we need to earnestly enforce the laws we have. Until this happens I'll never agree to writing more. New laws always seem to work in the favor of the criminal.

After I went through the process of applying the local, state and federal governments took three months to complete there background checks on me. The average citizen has to be squeaky clean. How do these people with mental issues get by? This is an issue that the national news media side steps. They side stepped it big time in Parkland Fl. Fellow high school students who told the news reporters about him hearing voices were told theydidn't need their story. As I've stated for more than a year, the majority of these killers have a psychiatric history. How are they legally purchasing weapons?

In Indiana a person with psychiatric history can't even by a BB gun.

Who's to say that tomorrow you might not suffer a traumatic experience that makes you unfit to own weapons. Will you voluntarily hand them in?

no photo
Thu 01/24/19 09:17 PM
I love scary movies. Christine and Constantine are a couple of my favourites.

no photo
Thu 01/24/19 09:08 PM

What have your experiences been as a

targeted individual?

While I have never been stalked ( to the best of my knowledge) I have been harassed by some nutty women over the years.

But I am a guy, you as a woman have a bigger issue if you are in fact being stalked. It is not something to take lightly. If you know who is doing it file a complaint with the police, get it on record. They will confront the person (s) In my state it is a crime to stalk someone

You should not have to live your life in fear or constantly looking over your shoulder.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

no photo
Thu 01/24/19 08:57 PM

The Sebring Florida bank shooter grew up in the area I live. He went to Plymouth and Breman high schools (around 20 miles away). He has a record of mental health issues. Once spending time in the Plymouth mental facility. A past girl friend said he sent her texts about kidnaping people and suicide by police.

Instead of calling for weapons bans the schools and community are asking why his conditioned wasn't acted on and how the community can help troubled people like this. His mother was contacted about early comments by school friends but she refused to work with the state police. In a way his mother may hold some responsibility for ignoring his condition.

Mr. Xaver had recently been training to work as a correctional officer at Avon Park Correctional Institution, a prison about 20 miles north of the bank where the shooting occurred.

This is a failure of the legal system to perform proper state and federal background checks. Even the Correctional Institute should have discovered his hospital stay in Plymouth Indiana before hiring him. He has a documented history of mental issues.

Gun control would have done nothing to stop this. Background checks and giving help to those who have mental issues are the only answers.

If we didn't have guns, nobody could shoot them.

Just like if we don't have access to drugs addicts won't exist.

Very few are forced to take drugs. Even less ask to get gunned down innocently.

no photo
Thu 01/24/19 08:43 PM
Justbehonest's comment kind of backs up what I said.

I think dating sites tend to make people more critical. Most set expectations which are unrealistic. Remember, few of US are as hot as we like to think we are :smile: laugh

no photo
Thu 01/24/19 08:33 PM

The Sebring Florida bank shooter grew up in the area I live. He went to Plymouth and Breman high schools (around 20 miles away). He has a record of mental health issues. Once spending time in the Plymouth mental facility. A past girl friend said he sent her texts about kidnaping people and suicide by police.

Instead of calling for weapons bans the schools and community are asking why his conditioned wasn't acted on and how the community can help troubled people like this. His mother was contacted about early comments by school friends but she refused to work with the state police. In a way his mother may hold some responsibility for ignoring his condition.

Mr. Xaver had recently been training to work as a correctional officer at Avon Park Correctional Institution, a prison about 20 miles north of the bank where the shooting occurred.

This is a failure of the legal system to perform proper state and federal background checks. Even the Correctional Institute should have discovered his hospital stay in Plymouth Indiana before hiring him. He has a documented history of mental issues.

Gun control would have done nothing to stop this. Background checks and giving help to those who have mental issues are the only answers.

If we didn't have guns, nobody could shoot them.

no photo
Thu 01/24/19 08:25 PM
Edited by Unknow on Thu 01/24/19 08:26 PM
During my time here (7 years), I can only recollect exchanging phone numbers 3 times. The vast majority of those who try to engage with me aren't very communicative or quite clearly scammers and don't warrant having access to my personal details, email address included. I've had 2 meet ups both very disappointing.

no photo
Thu 01/24/19 08:11 PM
What you won't do for love. Bobby Caldwell.

no photo
Thu 01/24/19 08:05 PM
If when placed in water it sinks she's a girl, if it floats it's buoyant embarassed :wink:

no photo
Thu 01/24/19 07:59 PM
Hi Brenda. Welcone to Mingle. Neither scammed or a scammer be noway waving :wink: smitten

no photo
Thu 01/24/19 07:53 PM

You're too good for him Trib. Find yourself a nice Greek lad who isn't so possessive.

Why does he have to be Greek? :wink:

no photo
Thu 01/24/19 07:33 PM
If you are both prepared to indulge all the scammers so those looking for genuine exclusive commitment don't have to, you're very welcome drinker

no photo
Thu 01/24/19 07:13 PM

laugh nice to see you back funky happy waving

Thanks Mzrosie. Glad to see you too flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 01/24/19 07:04 PM
Edited by Unknow on Thu 01/24/19 07:08 PM
:laughing:

no photo
Thu 01/24/19 06:27 PM

But the word no is not in my vocabulary.

That should make things easier for the scammers :noway

no photo
Thu 01/24/19 06:19 PM
In my humble opinion, dating sites have almost killed dating. The art of real interactions has been lost whilst expectations have risen.

no photo
Thu 01/24/19 06:08 PM
Originally i joined with the hope of meeting someone. After a couple of years resolved myself to the fact that there are next to no real Brits here enraging in conversation so stayed for the forums.

no photo
Thu 01/24/19 06:00 PM
Good food/health, good company/ friends/family and a good round of golf! :wink:

no photo
Thu 01/24/19 05:21 PM

fun is ?

A 3 letter word with U in the middle...

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25