Community > Posts By > Acousticstyle

Acousticstyle's photo
Wed 04/09/08 12:21 AM
a others have said, it really depends.
I am talking to someone who lives about 6-7 hours away, which sucks but there is middle ground. The hard part is I am mostly a night person and she is mostly days so that makes talking very hard sometimes.

The one real negative thing about them is, it gives you a different then reality view of what the relationship is going to be.
And what I mean by that is, when you live far away and you see each other it is almost like a vacation. the time you spend tends to be much more precious.

If you get to the point to where one of you moves closer to the other and live together then the relationship tends to change. The time you have together seems to be not as important simply because you are always around each other.

Acousticstyle's photo
Mon 04/07/08 07:05 PM

i'm from michigan... we don't deep fry much more than fries, fish or chicken nuggets...lol

and...pickles...:)

I am a firm believer in you can batter and fry damn near anything.

However pickles to me fall in the damn near spot.

Acousticstyle's photo
Mon 04/07/08 01:09 PM

I grew up in western nc.

you find fried anything in the south candy bars, ice cream, twinkies, I have even had deep fried pizza which was interesting to say the least.

fried ice cream rocks when its done right :)

yummy! In South Jersey we call them Panzarotti's. Made by the Tarantini family. Its pizza dough, sauce cheese or any other topping. Their fried golden brown and have little tiny bubbles on the outside of the crust. Simply smashing.

Fried Ice Cream- Balls of French Vanilla Ice Cream rolled in crushed cornflakes, cinnamin and brown sugar, placed back in the frezzer to set up, deep flash fry (like 10 seconds), top with honey or choc sauce and whipp cream, yum.

Well this was a regular slice of pizza
and it was dipped in a batter then deep fried. like I said it was interesting.

I have not had the fried ice cream with french vanilla but that does sound good, the way I have seen used most is taking bread cutting off the crusts and forming it around the ice cream , brushing it with a bit of egg wash and rolling it in some crushed nut.

I may have to get some stuff for that now :)

Acousticstyle's photo
Sun 04/06/08 08:59 PM
my favorite all time breakfast (or just about any meal is)

take bacon and or sausage ( bacon works best)
hash browns ( you can grade them yourself but the prepackaged actually "block" hash browns work well)
and make very creamy buttery grits, ( real butter works the best but you can use skim milk)

usually I just cook the hash browns until they are golden brown crumble the bacon in and around them then pour the grits over.

but if I want to get creative I take some jalepenos sauté them with some onions and garlic

layer the potatoes, then the onion mix, then bacon, then grits in a pan then put some cheddar/ jack cheese over the top and bake for about 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and formed sorta a crust.

when I have people over I usually go the creative route, and it goes over VERY well, especially with people I know from the north who don't use grits all the time like southern folks do.

Acousticstyle's photo
Sun 04/06/08 08:47 PM
I grew up in western nc.

you find fried anything in the south candy bars, ice cream, twinkies, I have even had deep fried pizza which was interesting to say the least.

fried ice cream rocks when its done right :)

Acousticstyle's photo
Sun 04/06/08 08:43 PM
Edited by Acousticstyle on Sun 04/06/08 08:43 PM
that is such a old joke................

but it is still funny :0)

2 Next