Community > Posts By > PJ847

PJ847's photo
Mon 04/21/08 11:10 PM
....um....that's a tough one. It wouldn't even arise. I keep a mental wall up against certain parameters. But if love were to strike... I think it would probably leave me thinking for 20 to 30 yrs. ohwell

PJ847's photo
Thu 02/21/08 01:41 PM
Edited by PJ847 on Thu 02/21/08 01:43 PM
Let me help you here, just my story.

I was Catholic, I say it that way because I haven't practiced the religion since I left private school.

I had a step dad for a short time that was Muslim, and have many Jewish and a few Buddhist friends.

At one point I became a non-practicing atheist, because I confused with all of this, Its not like it interfered with my life or anything, I just stopped caring.

It was hard on me to get back to religion because of what I saw as fundamental problems. I like how fundamentally similar most religions are, they have a great message, but then there is the religion itself, the government of.

I haven't figured everything out yet, and it will probably never happen. But I have come to the conclusion that I am spiritual, but not religious. Religion involves participation in rituals, and I am not that kind of person.

Due to my background in Catholicism I feel my spirituality weighs more in that direction. Others I know went more towards Buddhism.

Probably one of the biggest reasons why I don't practice any religion is because I don't necessarily trust the religious governments,the system, people's interpretation of... etc. Humans are fallible. But I do believe in the goodness that religions stemmed from.

Who knows.. maybe I will once again return to a practicing religion...doubtful, but hey. But for right now, feel better believing in something abstract that I haven't figured out yet.

One nice thing about being spiritual and not religious is that you know you believe and its for you and only you.

As far as being Christian and not believing, or not giving Jesus equal recognition as you do God well... technically you can't be considered Christian per se. Because of the Holy Trinity and its weight in Christainity. God=Jesus=Holy Spirit. Its a confusing concept for some. I excepted it as a kid with little problem then later it got me thinking... and it wasn't until modern physics exercised my brain enough to accept that concept again.

I will let you figure it out yourself. I hope this post has given you enough to start.

If anyone wants to comment feel free. Be open minded... being confused about religion is a sensitive topic.

PJ847's photo
Wed 02/20/08 05:37 PM

Hey everybody,

that's it. I am not sure of what I will find here, but I am sure it will be better than my ex. happy

ouch... sounds rough lol welcome to other side bigsmile

Yeah, I will spare u the details. :tongue: Thanks

PJ847's photo
Wed 02/20/08 05:29 PM
Edited by PJ847 on Wed 02/20/08 05:29 PM
Hey everybody,

that's it. I am not sure of what I will find here, but I am sure it will be better than my ex. happy

PJ847's photo
Wed 02/20/08 02:08 PM
For the ladies: How attractive am I 1-10 1=ugly,Oh NO!! And would you date me?
For all: how's my profile?