Community > Posts By > DNMonty

no photo
Sat 09/08/12 01:50 PM
There an endless list of possibilities beyond just those 2 choices. Before you can "find the one", you must define the one you seek. When you encounter him, you'll find your match. Doesn't have to be a either-or thing. More like a grey area in between. Maybe somebody that has themself together and doesn't NEED to be taken care of, but does appreciate you trying to be supportive to them. Strike a balance, define your target and settle for nothing less. drinker

no photo
Sat 09/08/12 04:32 AM
I agree with the other posters. When you find someone, resist the urges to "parent them" Accept them for who they are, and if they are worthy of your nurturing, it will show in them returning the behaviors. It is very easy if you are a provider type personality to take the reigns and try to optimize their life to your satisfaction, but that may lead to them taking your efforts for granted, and repeating the cycle.
I too have found I tend to be a "rescuer" and it quickly slips into being resentful for affection not being returned.

no photo
Sun 09/02/12 03:36 PM
I'm thinking " Any day I wake up on the right side of the grass is a good start to a good day"
drinker

no photo
Sun 09/02/12 03:08 PM
I agree with the othe post, you do have a beautiful smile. So many people limit who they express their inner happiness to. I applaud your expression. I too am basically just looking to make new connections and hopefully develop new friendships. Feel free to connect with me if interested in knowing more.

no photo
Fri 08/31/12 04:32 PM
Edited by DNMonty on Fri 08/31/12 04:33 PM
I am just getting out of a marriage that it appears we were in different channels entirely. I have always been very giving, and a natural nurturer. What I miss most about my wife leaving isn't even the part about her leaving me to pursue her career. It is that she has taken away something in my life that gave me purpose. A sense of doing the littlr things to brighten someone's day. This is why I am on here looking for women to just be friends with. Can never have too many friends. :wink:

no photo
Sun 08/26/12 03:13 PM
I'm 40 and recently separated. I am just looking for people to reach out to right now. Just looking for friendships.