Community > Posts By > sidisaak

sidisaak's photo
Sun 09/16/12 10:38 AM
Hey Bud. Don't give up. The up side is that you are still quite young and attractive (dare I say HOT!). The biggest question I would have for you is; Are you out? It is certainly a nerve racking process, coming out, but it is also like advertising yourself.

Start with your friends and family and go from there. Chances are there are a lot of people that you already know that are gay but still in the closet. You may embolden them by coming out yourself.

Another thing to try is get involved. You don't neccessarily have to go to "gay places" like bars and pubs. Just get active in your community. There are usually a number of us into acting. Get involved in theatre and just be really friendly. Be yourself, take an interest in people, have fun.

Whatever you do don't wait until you are thirty to come out of the closet. I realised I was gay when I was seven and pretended to be straight for 28 years. I married, had kids, and then came out. Yikes that messes things up. Be yourself! I love being gay and I wouldn't want to be any other way. It may be difficult to meet guys because they don't mark themselves as gay, but if you mark yourself, it'll be easier for them to find you.