Community > Posts By > katiekat83

katiekat83's photo
Fri 03/28/08 09:52 AM

BobbyJ just displayed how we can know that normal eyes see things the same...

His eyes are not like most, observably so...

Therefore his recognition of color varies accordingly...

Oddly enough, I know a finisher(painter) who has a similar condition to BobbyJ's but the guy is by far, the best I have ever seen at matching stain and/or finish hues....

Go figure...huh

I don't think she was saying that we might in reality see different colors...it was more about how a person who is capable of seeing the entire spectrum of color that just happened to be opposite (red becomes green, blue becomes orange, etc.) would never know, because what they were being taught was red would be thought of as red by them...regardless of what color it actually was.

So the teacher might hold up a picture of a red apple, and even though the kid might see what the rest of us think of as green they would say it was red because that's what they were taught as the name of the color of that particular apple. It's all about words and language.

katiekat83's photo
Fri 03/28/08 09:40 AM
The thing that gets me are the people who cheat, yet expect total monogamy from their spouse or significant other.

katiekat83's photo
Fri 03/28/08 06:39 AM
If I saw the spider before I got in, I'd save it.

If it came down at me while I was bathing...well, then it's just survival of the fittest laugh

katiekat83's photo
Fri 03/28/08 06:37 AM
I tend to automatically disregard anyone without a pic...maybe it's a little bit judgemental of me, but I figure if they can see me I should be able to see them! laugh

katiekat83's photo
Fri 03/28/08 06:33 AM
I saw Keith Urban at the New England Country Music Festival a few years ago, and he was amazing (Kenny Chesney didn't do much for me though...)

I saw John Mayer in Louisiana awhile back...he's crazy with the guitar as well :smile:

Big & Rich put on an excellent show, saw them at Meadowbrook in NH two or three years ago.

katiekat83's photo
Fri 03/28/08 06:19 AM
you'll think of me bts

katiekat83's photo
Fri 03/28/08 06:10 AM
laugh laugh laugh

katiekat83's photo
Fri 03/28/08 04:30 AM

Ummm at some point in their lives perhaps... but not always forever and ever...

I dont lie, big or small... dont want plain fact? Don't ask.

I'm not saying that everyone lies all the time...but no one is always going to be completely and utterly honest all the time.

katiekat83's photo
Fri 03/28/08 04:26 AM
I think I tend to be more of a manipulator, though half the time I don't even realize I'm doing it.

Although I guess it's possible that I'm totally being manipulated and think that I'm just getting them to do what I want laugh

katiekat83's photo
Fri 03/28/08 04:22 AM
Everyone lies...big lies, little lies...they lie, because if they were always completely and totally honest you'd think they were and a$$hole and break up with them.

I guess the hardest part of a relationship is dealing with that...I know I'm still working on it.

katiekat83's photo
Thu 03/20/08 02:08 PM

how about

another one bites the dust

bigsmile

laugh laugh laugh

They actually did play that at my friend's wedding, but it wasn't "their song"

That was "Bless the Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts

i have had requests for that song at a couple weddings

I don't see how you can have a wedding and not play that song...happy

...unless someone has a stick up their *** grumble

katiekat83's photo
Thu 03/20/08 02:00 PM

how about

another one bites the dust

bigsmile

laugh laugh laugh

They actually did play that at my friend's wedding, but it wasn't "their song"

That was "Bless the Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts

katiekat83's photo
Tue 03/18/08 02:33 PM
Ophelia

katiekat83's photo
Sun 03/16/08 02:09 PM
Edited by katiekat83 on Sun 03/16/08 02:11 PM
Scarlett Johansson? love :tongue:

I'd say Angelina Jolie, but there's even less resemblance laugh

katiekat83's photo
Sun 03/16/08 01:58 PM
I thought it looked good...haven't had a chance to see it yet though. happy

katiekat83's photo
Thu 03/13/08 08:26 PM

no one has read duma key i take it

I read it, I liked it, but it wasn't one of my favorites.

katiekat83's photo
Thu 03/13/08 07:40 PM
"Spaceballs" is actually the very first movie I ever remember seeing. I don't know what my dad was thinking...laugh

katiekat83's photo
Thu 03/13/08 07:39 PM
even siamese twins like to smoke!

katiekat83's photo
Thu 03/13/08 07:35 PM
Edited by katiekat83 on Thu 03/13/08 07:36 PM

pete and pete.if you have digital cable they show all the good ole nick shows on noggin at night.

I loved "Pete and Pete"! Also "Hey, Dude" and "Salute Your Shorts" :smile:

katiekat83's photo
Thu 03/13/08 07:30 PM
Edited by katiekat83 on Thu 03/13/08 07:33 PM
I have read most everything King (and have every book), and seen many of the movies. It bothers me how low quality some of them are, and even some of the higher quality ones are messed up. The movie version of "Dreamcatchers" was a huge disappointment to me...the ending was so different, and so bad.

I'd have to say that my favorite books are "The Stand", "The Talisman", "Cell", "Lisey's Story", "The Shining", "The Regulators", the first four "Dark Tower" books, "The Dead Zone", and "The Dark Half".

My favorite movies are "The Green Mile", "The Shawshank Redemption", "Secret Window", "1408", "Stand By Me", and "The Stand".