Community > Posts By > Darlene4u

Darlene4u's photo
Mon 11/16/09 08:45 PM
Men are doing it too...I have had many men on all websites try to scam me....but the warning signs are always the same...they move too fast...the love me within days...and they either want me to send them money or they want me to spend money to come to them.

Recently, I had a man want to meet me face to face...he was reasonable local (100 miles round trip) to me, so after a while I agreed to meet him....I drive to his town and he just does not show at the meeting place. Then he will not even offer an explanation. He was not a scammer...just a jerk. Men can be just a cruel as some women.....scammers or not!

For me, I am tired of the games online...but I do wish you well in your search.

Darlene4u's photo
Mon 11/16/09 08:35 PM
The information stated on scammers here is very true... It is sometimes a challenge to sort them out as they are getting more clever. A person can be very careful and still run into one...just be alert and do not ever send them money.

It is hard to allow yourself to be open to new relationships and totally protect yourself at the same time...at some point, you have to risk some, just remain alert.

I wish you well in your search!

Darlene4u's photo
Mon 11/16/09 08:22 PM
I look at the profiles and often find many I think sound interesting but I do not respond because of something in there that I feel I do not match up to...for example....if a profile says they only like thin women...I am not going to reply because I have a few extra pounds or if it says they like to drink alot and I rarely drink or if they do not smoke and although I am trying to quit I still smoke...things like that....However, if someone sends me a message I always respond, that just seems like good manners to me.

I am leaving soon but I do wish you well in your search!