Community > Posts By > BetterDazes

BetterDazes's photo
Sun 04/27/08 05:57 PM

I have to say though, you opened up this conversation asking for complete honesty, which yes there is going to be some sort of negative feed back because there always is.

Dude could have been more tactful that's for sure, but throwing up a female view point, I also suffered from being tremendously overweight, and know how hard I have worked exercising and eating right to get that weight off, I would have a lack of respect in the role reversal if it was a man who went the surgery option. 1st of all I have seen my own sister get the surgery, the complications that arose, and no matter how much weight she lost she still saw herself as fat (surgery does not correct the mentality of the issues that caused the weight gain to begin with). Then after 2 years, stretching the stomach back out and putting weight back on because even with the surgery if you don't ever learn to eat right and exercise it really doesn't do much good in the long run.

Hon I'm not judging, it always boils down to personal choice, and if this is what makes you happy and feel better than Congratulationsflowerforyou

OH I know I did, and I am really not offended by him in the least lol. Actually I find him very amusing in a sick sort of way lol. And I know all about the mental part of it. You have to change your life, the surgery is just a tool to get you started. Thanks again sweetie!:heart:

BetterDazes's photo
Sun 04/27/08 05:27 PM

say no to a guy who, erm...is overqualified for the job?

are we talking about a penis that is too big here? Cause if we are, give him my number will ya?

BetterDazes's photo
Sun 04/27/08 05:25 PM

You know over weight people have many health issues. Some physical and some mental. Most over weight people do not CHOOSE to be that way. But I would not expect all to understand this. And I was asking for HONEST opinions here which you did give and I thank you for it.

*note to self, DO NOT date this guy!laugh laugh laugh

Yeah, actually, almost all overweight people do choose to be that way. I was overweight at one point, and you know what, I got that way by eating garbage and not excercising. It was not my Mom, my depression, my thyroid, blah blah blah. Want to know how I fixed that, I stopped blaming everyone and everything else, and my "genetics" for being heavy, and I changed my diet, started running and working out....and I lost the weight.

My ex mother in law is morbidly obese, and she has a million health problems, so many that she was able to get on disability for it. She claims she "cant" lose weight, and doesnt know what the problem is. Yet, she eats out 3 or more times a week, sits around the house every day, and fries 90% of the things she eats.....how exactly is it NOT her fault that shes huge?

I can't hear you, I can't hear you, I can't hear you...

Did that work, did the A$$ go away yet?:tongue:

BetterDazes's photo
Sun 04/27/08 05:23 PM

16 Days till my divorce. Finally gonna get rid of that cheating $#@&%#@!

ahhhh I feel so much better! =)
do you feel better because you dont have to try to pronounce his name anymore? Mr. $#@&%#@!

Ok you are a funny guy!laugh laugh laugh

BetterDazes's photo
Sun 04/27/08 05:22 PM
nope and I don't like smelly people either. Is there anyone who likes smelly people, besides smelly people I mean?

Ok my mind hurts now.laugh laugh

BetterDazes's photo
Sun 04/27/08 05:19 PM

Let me ask ya something. I have had gastric by pass surgery. Do you feel that is a turn off? Please give your honest opinion.

Thanks, and don't ya dare ask how much I weigh (yet) =)

Honestly, yeah, I feel its a huge turn off. Resorting to scientific means to lose weight speaks volumes of an individuals persona. If one cannot muster to will power to stop shoving twinkies down ones throat to save their own life, then how on earth can you expect them to muster the will power for a relationship or anything else it entails.

You know over weight people have many health issues. Some physical and some mental. Most over weight people do not CHOOSE to be that way. But I would not expect all to understand this. And I was asking for HONEST opinions here which you did give and I thank you for it.

Pay no attention to what he says. He has a negative attitude in other threads as well. I say more power to you for thinking about yourself and your kids!! flowerforyou flowerforyou

yeah that was my main motivation. I know my soon to be ex, 16 days and counting, won't be in their lives for long, so I had to make sure I was! Thanks! =)

BetterDazes's photo
Sun 04/27/08 05:18 PM

Weight gain is not always about eating twinkies. There are metabolism issues, hereditary, medications, physical problems.grumble

And excuses.....the morbid obesity of this planet is caused by fast food and a sedentary lifestyle, not "hereditary issues".

Before fast food and computers, the United States had an obesity rate in the single digits, now we are looking at around 40% or more of the adult population. This is not explained by "steroids","metabolism". "thyroid problems" or any other garbage that is being pushed by popular media to blame everything and anything outside of the person pulling up to the McDonalds window every day like clockwork.

I just went to a lazer tag match the other night, where I was the oldest one, the general age being about 15-20, and there were less then 10 people out of 70 that could be considered of healthy weight. I watched kids drink soda after soda after soda.

What makes it even worse is that people get that way, and then dont want to do anything that might require work to fix it. Its always a pill, a magic shake, some stupid $500 a month magic diet, gastric bypass, etc etc.

If anyone has ever watched "Biggest Loser", to lose weight, it just takes a little determination and dedication, and the weight will go. I have no respect for someone who takes the easy way out of anything. If they wont dedicate an hour a day to the gym, and 30 minutes to prepare a healthy meal, I want no part of that relationship. Id be too worried that a problem would develop, and theyd go for the quick fix of walking out.

I CHANGED MY MIND, YOU ARE A PIG. GOOD LUCK IN FINDING ANYONE WHO WILL DATE YOU!:tongue:

The problem is you can't fix stupid.....sick

laugh laugh laughI really like ya!

BetterDazes's photo
Sun 04/27/08 05:14 PM

Weight gain is not always about eating twinkies. There are metabolism issues, hereditary, medications, physical problems.grumble

And excuses.....the morbid obesity of this planet is caused by fast food and a sedentary lifestyle, not "hereditary issues".

Before fast food and computers, the United States had an obesity rate in the single digits, now we are looking at around 40% or more of the adult population. This is not explained by "steroids","metabolism". "thyroid problems" or any other garbage that is being pushed by popular media to blame everything and anything outside of the person pulling up to the McDonalds window every day like clockwork.

I just went to a lazer tag match the other night, where I was the oldest one, the general age being about 15-20, and there were less then 10 people out of 70 that could be considered of healthy weight. I watched kids drink soda after soda after soda.

What makes it even worse is that people get that way, and then dont want to do anything that might require work to fix it. Its always a pill, a magic shake, some stupid $500 a month magic diet, gastric bypass, etc etc.

If anyone has ever watched "Biggest Loser", to lose weight, it just takes a little determination and dedication, and the weight will go. I have no respect for someone who takes the easy way out of anything. If they wont dedicate an hour a day to the gym, and 30 minutes to prepare a healthy meal, I want no part of that relationship. Id be too worried that a problem would develop, and theyd go for the quick fix of walking out.

I CHANGED MY MIND, YOU ARE A PIG. GOOD LUCK IN FINDING ANYONE WHO WILL DATE YOU!:tongue:

BetterDazes's photo
Sun 04/27/08 05:13 PM

nope,but if ya go out to dinner do ya eat like a bird now??

yup pretty much lol. Bonus, I am a cheap date =)

Cam is a cheap date too...have you guys met...I think there is love in the air.... bigsmile

who is this Cam and how can I meet him lol

BetterDazes's photo
Sun 04/27/08 05:12 PM

i had this surgery 2 and a half years ago- best thing i ever did.
i lost 150 lbs.
best of luck to you, you made the right choice, who cares what any guy thinks about it. flowerforyou

And you look beautiful too!:heart:

BetterDazes's photo
Sun 04/27/08 05:01 PM

SWEET HEART , THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE SURGEY,IF IT MAKE A BETTER YOU THEN YOU OWE IT TO YOUR SELF TO TAKE A CHANCE .ANYONE WHO HAS A PROBLEM WITH IT ,TRUST ME ..THEIR OPINIONS AREN'T WORTH IT .YOU KNOW I ONCE HEARD SOMEONE SAY..DONT WASTE YOUR TIME BEING AFRAID WHAT OTHERS THINK... BECAUSE IF YOU ONLY KNEW THEY THE DONT SPEND A LOT OF TIME THINKING....WE TEND TO GET CAUGHT UP ON THE DOT......SMILE MORE, GET BACK TO LOVING YOUR SELF,AND I PROMISS YOUR'LL FINE SOMEONE TO LOVE YOU THE WAY YOU NEED TOO....

Ok that was way too sweet. I need to date you...NOW! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!:heart:

BetterDazes's photo
Sun 04/27/08 05:00 PM

Why would having had surgery turn people off? flowerforyou

Well some people have a problem with people who are large or even use to be large. Make sense?

Well, that would make them shallow, wouldn't it? And who wants to be with a shallow person?

Point taken!:heart:

BetterDazes's photo
Sun 04/27/08 04:59 PM

Well... if you did it for health reasons... what does it matter what some man thinks... you are doing it so you can be around longer for your new man.flowerforyou

Well I did if for me, my health and my kids. And what new man, is there someone or something I don't know about? laugh laugh laugh

I am guessing the new man that you are seeking on this site, but then I may be wrong. At least you did it for you and your children, and that is what matters the most.flowerforyou

Ok I want a name cause if I am seeing someone, I need to know about itlaugh laugh

BetterDazes's photo
Sun 04/27/08 04:58 PM

Let me ask ya something. I have had gastric by pass surgery. Do you feel that is a turn off? Please give your honest opinion.

Thanks, and don't ya dare ask how much I weigh (yet) =)

Honestly, yeah, I feel its a huge turn off. Resorting to scientific means to lose weight speaks volumes of an individuals persona. If one cannot muster to will power to stop shoving twinkies down ones throat to save their own life, then how on earth can you expect them to muster the will power for a relationship or anything else it entails.

BetterDazes's photo
Sun 04/27/08 04:54 PM

what would that effect??? scars?? loose skin???

Well I do have a pretty big scar right now, but it will fade, and eventually, when I am done losing my weight I will have a tummy tuck to take care of the "extra" skin. Does that answer your question?

well, I've never actually known anyone that got that...heard of it though....doesn't it hurt???

Well it did the first week out, but I am going on my 9th week now and have lost over 80 pounds and I feel wonderful! =)

BetterDazes's photo
Sun 04/27/08 04:53 PM

Well... if you did it for health reasons... what does it matter what some man thinks... you are doing it so you can be around longer for your new man.flowerforyou

Well I did if for me, my health and my kids. And what new man, is there someone or something I don't know about? laugh laugh laugh

BetterDazes's photo
Sun 04/27/08 04:50 PM

Why would having had surgery turn people off? flowerforyou

Well some people have a problem with people who are large or even use to be large. Make sense?

BetterDazes's photo
Sun 04/27/08 04:49 PM

what would that effect??? scars?? loose skin???

Well I do have a pretty big scar right now, but it will fade, and eventually, when I am done losing my weight I will have a tummy tuck to take care of the "extra" skin. Does that answer your question?

BetterDazes's photo
Sun 04/27/08 04:48 PM

nope,but if ya go out to dinner do ya eat like a bird now??

yup pretty much lol. Bonus, I am a cheap date =)

BetterDazes's photo
Sun 04/27/08 04:46 PM
Thank you thank you!drinker drinker drinker