Community > Posts By > GlitterGenie

GlitterGenie's photo
Sat 09/20/08 05:10 PM
The only thing I've heard was that Travis was seriously injured. Him and the DJ are alive, but the other two people with them and the two pilots are dead. I haven't had a chance to check for updates since earlier this afternoon so maybe there's some more news I haven't heard.

GlitterGenie's photo
Sat 06/28/08 12:08 PM

I applaud all young mothers who work so hard to finnish thier education, take care of thier kids & work BUT wouldn't it be better to have an education, financial stabilty & a father to help? I was married at 19, a seperated mother 9 months later & my daughter deserved a better life than what I could give her. She is 26 now, has 2 degrees & is well established in a great carreer. She's just considering marrige & babies now. I am sure she will be a better Mom than I & I am so glad she waited.

Sure at times I wished I had been able to go to school and finish it first. Then I remember where my life was before I had my daughters. I was so far from motivated to do any of that stuff. I was going downhill and it was not a good time for me. Having my daughters really turned my life around for the better. And of course I wish I could do more for my girls, but I don't sit and think I'm a bad mom. I mean I can't go and buy them everything they want, but that's not what makes a parent a good one anyway. That's great for your daughter, but I guess not all of us can be so perfect. I'm sure you did a wonderful job raising her, but it's all how you look at it. I feel I'm a wonderful mom and I'm reminded of it every day. Just because circumstances aren't the greatest doesn't mean I would have changed it for the world. They are the reason I got my act together. So I don't care how long it takes me to finish school or whatever else. At least I made it back to school when before my daughters, I wasn't even thinking about it!

Glitter, may I ask what is was about my post that you took personally & were offended by? I noticed your only post previous to this thread was in January, so obviously something here really got to you.

Honestly I really don't do posts. I just saw the topic and read what the original post was so I responded. Really nothing hit me personally. I mean sure kinda, only because I'm a young single mother. But not like I took offense or anything. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. As far as the fact that I have made on post and that was in January, like I said I really just don't look at these post topics often at all. No time to. Just glanced and saw this one that was all.

GlitterGenie's photo
Sat 06/28/08 07:46 AM

So I understand what you're saying. However I had my first daughter at 19 and my second at 21. The father of the second child is very much around her life as well as my older daughters. I have made some mistakes in my life, but I do feel that my daughters are the best thing that has ever happened to me. They push me to be better in everything I do. I made it back to college because of them. I don't feel that every young mom is ready to make the choice that they made. I mean sure I struggle and it's tough at times, but I am such a better person because of my girls. Though I am the oldest of five so I have always been a little more responsible in taking care of children and laying in the bed that I made. I can't tell you all the reasons young girls are having babies. Like I saw someone else say some feel that if they have the baby the guy will stick around. I've known a girl that even went off her birth control without telling the guy in hopes to secretly get pregnant. I've also known a girl that got pregnant while on birth control. Some have the baby after getting pregnant because they don't believe in other options. Whatever the reason, I think you should keep in mind that not all young mom's are so unresponsible in their decisions. I do see where you are coming from but just so you know there are some of us out there that are responsible enough and for the record it's a very tough decision to make.

:smile: flowerforyou :heart:

Thank you! happy

GlitterGenie's photo
Sat 06/28/08 07:42 AM

I applaud all young mothers who work so hard to finnish thier education, take care of thier kids & work BUT wouldn't it be better to have an education, financial stabilty & a father to help? I was married at 19, a seperated mother 9 months later & my daughter deserved a better life than what I could give her. She is 26 now, has 2 degrees & is well established in a great carreer. She's just considering marrige & babies now. I am sure she will be a better Mom than I & I am so glad she waited.

Sure at times I wished I had been able to go to school and finish it first. Then I remember where my life was before I had my daughters. I was so far from motivated to do any of that stuff. I was going downhill and it was not a good time for me. Having my daughters really turned my life around for the better. And of course I wish I could do more for my girls, but I don't sit and think I'm a bad mom. I mean I can't go and buy them everything they want, but that's not what makes a parent a good one anyway. That's great for your daughter, but I guess not all of us can be so perfect. I'm sure you did a wonderful job raising her, but it's all how you look at it. I feel I'm a wonderful mom and I'm reminded of it every day. Just because circumstances aren't the greatest doesn't mean I would have changed it for the world. They are the reason I got my act together. So I don't care how long it takes me to finish school or whatever else. At least I made it back to school when before my daughters, I wasn't even thinking about it!

GlitterGenie's photo
Fri 06/27/08 11:23 AM
So I understand what you're saying. However I had my first daughter at 19 and my second at 21. The father of the second child is very much around her life as well as my older daughters. I have made some mistakes in my life, but I do feel that my daughters are the best thing that has ever happened to me. They push me to be better in everything I do. I made it back to college because of them. I don't feel that every young mom is ready to make the choice that they made. I mean sure I struggle and it's tough at times, but I am such a better person because of my girls. Though I am the oldest of five so I have always been a little more responsible in taking care of children and laying in the bed that I made. I can't tell you all the reasons young girls are having babies. Like I saw someone else say some feel that if they have the baby the guy will stick around. I've known a girl that even went off her birth control without telling the guy in hopes to secretly get pregnant. I've also known a girl that got pregnant while on birth control. Some have the baby after getting pregnant because they don't believe in other options. Whatever the reason, I think you should keep in mind that not all young mom's are so unresponsible in their decisions. I do see where you are coming from but just so you know there are some of us out there that are responsible enough and for the record it's a very tough decision to make.

GlitterGenie's photo
Sat 01/19/08 10:14 AM
I've seen Wicked. It was amazing! I loved it!