Community > Posts By > L14ra

L14ra's photo
Sun 07/29/12 02:41 AM
Welcome..

L14ra's photo
Sun 07/29/12 02:31 AM

The reason misery loves company is because those who are miserable feel a little less miserable when they connect with people who are even more miserable than themselves....think We should be empathetic, we should show our caring side...

:thumbsup:

L14ra's photo
Sat 07/28/12 08:03 PM
Yes,if that person is the right one for me..

L14ra's photo
Fri 07/27/12 09:33 PM
Hi.. Welcome and Good Luck.. drinker

L14ra's photo
Fri 07/27/12 09:00 PM

If a person really is going through a rough time, my heart goes out to them and if I can help I will. But there are so many people who dramatize every little problem in their lives and suck sympathy out of everyone they meet, leaving them drained of energy.

They don't accept advice because they just want attention and sympathy, and they like to whine and complain. I've known people who behave like that on a daily basis.

To them I say, accept it, deal with it, get over it, etc.

wow, i like this answer. i oughta kiss you on the mouth

btw, it is too easy to go from being a helper to being an enabler

bigsmile

Sometimes people accuse me of being cold or unsympathetic.

(I'm not.) I am just aware (and I see) a lot of people who will take advantage of other people via the manipulation of their "emotions" rather than honestly from the heart. (from real love)

Real love is free and flows outward with true power. It empowers a person.

Emotions (fear, helplessness, doubt, empathy, sympathy, etc) weakens and drains.

yeah,sometimes to care for someone can really drains your everything,specially if they just want you to solve their problem.you feel like you already try your best but still not enough for them. i just experience something similar to ur situation and i have a good friend told me that even if it's hard,just ignore them and don't let urself be manipulated.so i say,since u can't change what other people feel toward ur sincerity to them,just leave them be.it never be wrong to care someone,just that sometime this person is not worth ur time.. flowerforyou

L14ra's photo
Fri 07/27/12 08:45 PM
I'm very sorry to hear this. But never give up hope.. flowerforyou

L14ra's photo
Fri 07/27/12 09:39 AM
Welcome.. drinker

L14ra's photo
Fri 07/27/12 09:38 AM

On an open forum your going to get a wide range of opinions and people messaging you regardless of your requests to have them not. I guess what I'm a little surprised at (being pretty open minded) is why are you looking here? There are tons of more exotic sites out there to choose a much wider selection of what you are looking for than the some what conservative Mingle.

I have friends that are into what you are and they wouldn't use mingle as a place to surf for open exotic adventures. Your request are the norm on other sites but a little out there for what I have seen here on mingle since I have been a member.

I think it's cool that you want to be straight forward, but do you see a lot of people here that are potentially into what you are, as opposed to other sites?

I could be way out in left field but it almost seems like a playboy bunny sitting in a southern baptist church looking for someone to get naked with during service don't you think?

You say "I'm here for fun and soley that" but from where I sit, I don't see a lot of that kind of fun on mingle besides the joking that goes on and you seem much more into the quest. Or for you is that the quest to find some takers on a more conservative site?

You just have me curious, maybe even puzzled why you would take a harder route to find what your asking for.

:thumbsup:

L14ra's photo
Fri 07/27/12 08:56 AM
it is hard to let go someone so important,specially someone we love,but you have to take on the bright side,she might not the one for you for the long run,and it's better to know it now than later..

L14ra's photo
Fri 07/27/12 06:39 AM
Like torgo said,just change the filter. Good luck and welcome..

L14ra's photo
Thu 07/26/12 09:35 PM

This is just my take on it and this applies strictly to me....

I began talking to a really cool chick who kinda slowly made herself known into conversations on Mingle. The more I talked to her, the more we got along. Eventually, I grew to like her enough and felt a bond grow to the point, I got on a plane and flew out to see her. Then I flew across half the country to visit with her again. Each day speaking to her in the morning on the way to work...then again during my breaks and my lunch...again as I arived home to my dogs...then once again as I went to sleep....cause I needed her voice in my ear.

At the end of next month....I am moving to spend my days and nights with her. I put in my notice at work yesterday. I told my family, my friends and my coworkers that I have spent a long time developing a real relationship built on love, friendship, respect, understanding and patience...and that I am leaving. They are thrilled for me. Everyone is so supportive.

I am getting new teeth before I go...cause I want to smile so big for her when I get there...instead of hiding the part of me that I hate. (none of you have ever seen me smile)

I am giving everything that I ain't taking to the guys I work with. All my furniture, lamps, mirrors, most of my clothes, tools...all of it. I don't need it.

I ain't taking alot...cause she is all I need. (and the house is furnished)...I am taking my clothes, my dog, my car and a few personal items on a 2,130 mile trip next month to start a new life with a woman I have grown to love.

I am as nervous and excited as a person can be.

I got the guts to step up...flop my heart on the table....and take the chance that I am good enough to be loved.

No matter what, I can at least know that I gave everything I got for a shot at love.

I spent waaaaay toooo many years being safe.....

Now is the time I stand up to the plate and EARN my homerun.

So...yes, long distance relationships can work.

This is beautiful news!

it is!! i am already getting my adoption papers ready! :)

((krupa and really cool chick, love you guys!! :heart: flowerforyou ))

This really a great news!! Congrats on you both..

L14ra's photo
Thu 07/26/12 09:20 PM
Good for you,and good luck drinker

L14ra's photo
Wed 07/25/12 07:42 PM
Happy Birthday!! drinker

L14ra's photo
Wed 07/25/12 07:34 PM

It's always wise to be yourself. If you pretend to be someone else, how long could you keep the masquerade going, before the real you comes out?

As for your question on am I being honest on here? Yes I am. Whether or not it will lead to a future with someone, what will be will be, but whenever meeting someone, please do be yourself. If that person don't like the "real you" someone else will appreciate what you have to offer.

Good luck to you!

This is so true. How can you love a person if you don't know who they really are?

yes,i agree with this too drinker

L14ra's photo
Wed 07/25/12 11:25 AM

A Ideal relationship is about 3 important things which are honesty, communication, and respect. If a relationship doesn't have all 3 then u can't rly kall it love or a relationship. A relationship is built with time. Both partners have to know is this the person I rly wanna be with and if u can handle their flaws

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

L14ra's photo
Sun 07/22/12 12:21 PM
i think just follow your heart,and don't close yourself of possibilities until you are sure which path u will take.. welcome to the site and good luck.. drinker

L14ra's photo
Sat 07/21/12 10:49 PM
Edited by L14ra on Sat 07/21/12 10:52 PM
I agree with what kartagane said.. :thumbsup:

L14ra's photo
Sat 07/21/12 09:34 PM

just like you lived far away nd seen someone on the social site, built a strong relationship to d core. Do u think it wil work nd can a relationship b enjoyable while both party re far aparth?

They're very hard and not for everyone...There are lots of lonely nights (like tonight for instance) and many hard days when you need your partner with you "Just Because"....You have to really want it to work and you have to be able to make sacrifices while keeping your eye on the prize...being together someday....:heart:

Wisely said.. And you are absolutely right flowers

L14ra's photo
Sat 07/21/12 09:16 PM
Welcome..

L14ra's photo
Sat 07/21/12 11:05 AM
HongKong :thumbsup: