Community > Posts By > rem37411

rem37411's photo
Tue 07/22/08 07:29 AM
I am preparing a nice dinner for my friends.....Pickled pigs feet, three week old cottage cheese and a nice big glass of warm lumpy buttermilk!!!

rem37411's photo
Wed 07/16/08 09:15 PM
rofl rofl rofl

rem37411's photo
Wed 07/16/08 07:28 PM
Ok, to respond in order of appearance
1. This is a rate my profile blog
2. ROFLMMFAO
3. Thank you
4. What does that have to do with it?
5. Yes, is that bad?

rem37411's photo
Wed 07/16/08 07:19 PM
Ok, I'm just curious, what do you fine folks think?

rem37411's photo
Wed 07/16/08 07:03 PM
oops that should read DELAY!

rem37411's photo
Wed 07/16/08 06:58 PM
When I was about 9 years old I got a new train set for Christmas. I sat in the living room playing with that thing. Went around and around and around. I stopped it at the little toy station and clearly announced...."All you sum*****es that wanna get off get off and all you sum*****es that wanna get on get on."
Well, Mama was in the kitchen cookin and she heard me. She came runnin. She smacked my little bottom about ten times and told me to go to my room for two hours and think about what I had said. I did.
Two hours on the DOT I came running back down and started that train again. I stopped at that same little station and clearly announced, "All you Nice ladies and gentlemen that would like to exit the train, please do so and all you nice ladies and gentlemen that would like to board the train, please do so. And all you people pissed off over that two hour dealy, talk to that ***** in the kitchen!!"

rem37411's photo
Wed 07/16/08 06:51 PM
Well we're big rock singers
We got golden fingers
And we're loved everywhere we go....
We sing about beauty
And we sing about truth
at ten thousand dollars a show

OH GOD GET IT OUT GET IT OOOUUUTTTT!!!!

rem37411's photo
Wed 07/16/08 06:47 PM
LMAO Man, they must be hard up, but sure, it isn't doing ME any good.....laugh laugh laugh

rem37411's photo
Thu 06/26/08 09:44 PM
dang, I just realized what forum I was posting in, I apologize. But I still think it was funny.

rem37411's photo
Thu 06/26/08 09:40 PM
Yes I HAVE been so mad at a guy that I wanted to be with a woman!But then again, I am straight, and as you all know us guys get horny at the drop of a hat......<grin>

rem37411's photo
Tue 06/10/08 09:31 AM
I guess my biggest lesson learned through all that was no matter how hard times were for me there was ALWAYS someone else who had it harder. I can't imagine watching someone fade away or holding them when they go. Reading what some of you have gone through makes my problems seem tiny. So, here I sit. Eating a turkey sandwich and some salad. Anyone up for a nice game of mahjong?

Ron

rem37411's photo
Tue 06/10/08 05:21 AM
Good Morning everyone. My name is Ron I live in Chattanooga and have spent the past couple days reading through your posts. I must say there are some sad stories there. My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to each and everyone of you.
My story? It occurred about 17 years ago, I was 28. I was in the Gulf war in Feb of 1991 with the 24th Infantry Division. The air war had just started and our unit moved up to within about 5 miles of Iraq (still in Saudi Arabia)I was sleeping one night about 130 in the morning when my company commander woke me up, he was crying and I was very confused (I had just been woken up after all) He read a red cross message informing me that my wife had been killed in a head on crash in Clarksville TN (she had gone to stay with her parents while I was deployed). He read the message, told me he was sorry and then walked off. I just laid there for about 5 minutes wondering what the hell he was talking about when my First sergeant came up to me slowly and he was sobbing. To put this in perspective he was about 6'3" and every soldiers idol, very rough and tough. When he came up crying It hit me that this was not a dream. He scooped me up and we sat there holding each other in the middle of the saudi desert crying. he sat with me for about fifteen minutes or so and neither of us could take it anymore so he went back to his bunk.
The next day I was loaded up and sent to the rear area where I was to catch a flight back stateside. It took almost the whole day to get to the airport and they put me in this great big tent with everyone else that was coming and going due to their own personal emergencies. I went in and found an empty cot and just sat there. After an hour or so this guy comes up and introduces himself to me and asked me what happened. I told him and he expressed his sorrow, I asked him what happened and he told me that he too had lost his wife about 3 weeks prior. I assumed he was on his way back to his unit and asked him that and he said "No, I just got off the plane from the states this morning and when I got off the plane they had another red cross message for me, my mother passed away while I was flying back here" I was dumfounded by this statement and had no idea what to say. We sat and talked and cried for a couple hours. Many people came and went during this time but the whole time there was one older black man sitting on a cot crying and nobody seemed to want to go talk to him. I asked someone what had happened to him and they told me that he was the saddest story he had ever heard. His family was on their way somewhere in the states when the mini van they were in was hit head on and he lost everyone. His wife and 4 children. I understood why nobody was talking to him. Nobody could even sympathize with him.
It took me two days to get the red cross message and another two days to get me home. Now, during this whole time I still had no clue as to what really happened to My wife Sheileen. So, four days after I got my message I got off a plane in Nashville TN and my parents met me. We rode, for the most part, in silence to my in laws house in Cumberland City TN. I finally found out that it was about ten in the morning onn Feb 9th when she was on her way to work and was hit head on by someone passing another vehicle. She died instantly and did not suffer at all. For that I was thankful. We had to make hasty arrangements to get the funeral set up and on feb 14th 1991 I buried my wife. For that reason, valentines day doesn't make me feel very loving anymore.
I'm sorry to be so long and drawn out, but as I was writing this, it occured to me that I don't think I have ever relived the entire process at one time, just bits and pieces here and there. I do know this, for each and every one of you, I know that talking about it helps heal. Tiime DOES heal. Am I healed? Nope, I never will be but it is far enough in the past that it doesn't haunt me anymore. Oddly enough about 4 nights ago, I had a dream about her and I have not dreamed of her in about 10 years. We were together and happy. for some reason, in my dream, she had to leave suddenly and I looked out the window and asked her if I could go with her and she emphatically told me NO. It kind of makes sense because on Feb 2nd of this year I had a heart attack, my second one. less than three months later I had another one and have been wondering if it is my time. My dream tells me that in fact it is not my time and I believe that God has a big plan for me. I just wish I knew what it was.
Thanks for reading and I pray that each and every one of you find peace.

Ron