Fri 03/22/13 01:24 AM
Yes, you love your guns. We get it.

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Fri 03/22/13 01:23 AM
This reads like an urban myth. Funny though. happy

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Fri 03/22/13 01:17 AM
Edited by HotRodDeluxe on Fri 03/22/13 01:41 AM

BS on both your intellectually dishonest arguments.

You cite Roberts and then have the temerity to accuse others of intellectual dishonesty? huh
Dissect his logic that is your challenge. Good luck laugh

Substitute 'logic' for 'hyperbole'.

It is my experience that you don't read anything I post in support of my position, while you just cut & paste crap, therefore, do you really expect me to waste time on writing an essay you probably wouldn't read or even understand? I think you overestimate the importance of your opinion to me.

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Thu 03/21/13 03:50 AM

Don't you love how the newsagency distorts "Water in faults vaporizes during an earthquake, depositing gold" into "Turns water into Gold!"

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Thu 03/21/13 03:44 AM
BS on both your intellectually dishonest arguments.

You cite Roberts and then have the temerity to accuse others of intellectual dishonesty? huh

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Wed 03/13/13 01:33 PM
Edited by HotRodDeluxe on Wed 03/13/13 01:34 PM

The passport was (probably) a plant. (It can't be proven otherwise)

It can't be proven that it was a fake, so this is just ridiculous.

The flight manifests were not the originals and the substitute flight manifests (fakes) had mistakes and names were changed,

Well, they were good enough as evidence on the court for the Moussaoui trial. Where is the proof of this fraud?

the phone calls (from the planes?) were not proof either. --There was no telling where those came from or if they were even real.

Ah, there is....try thinking about it. :wink:

The "19 angry hijackers story" has been stated by officialdom to be the fact of what happened on 9-11.

That is the claim that has not been sufficiently proven. There is no indisputable chain of evidence or papers that prove any of that.

Again, try the evidence for the Moussaoui trial. A great resource for this kind of nonsense.

I can't prove 19 Muslim terrorists didn't high-jack those planes, but the 9-11 investigators and government PR puppets can't prove they did!!

It is all guess work, speculation and theory. The story could very possibly be 90% propaganda.

You can't prove it and it is all guess work and weak hypotheses. Yet, you wonder why people think CTer's are idiots? whoa

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Wed 03/13/13 01:21 PM
Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires has been elected to be the 266th pope of the Catholic Church, taking the name Pope Francis.

He is the first Latin American pope to lead the church, as well as the first Jesuit priest.

Francis, 76, appeared on the balcony of St. Peter's Basilica at Wednesday more than an hour after white smoke was released from the Sistine Chapel chimney at 2:05 EDT (7:05 p.m. CET) to signal that a new pope had been selected. Speaking from the balcony, he gave his first address as pope, the traditional Urbi et Orbi (to the "City and the World"), as crowds waved, cried and cheered for the new leader of the world's 1.2 billion Catholics.

He prayed for the church, the papacy and for his predecessor, Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI.

Francis was elected to the papacy after two days of conclave meetings with five rounds of voting. Voting in the conclave, which began Tuesday afternoon, is confidential and cardinals were sworn to secrecy, but Francis received at least 77 votes, which is the minimum two-thirds required to become pope. There were 115 cardinals eligible to vote in the conclave. All were under 80 before Benedict's retirement, as required by Vatican rules. In 2005, when Benedict was elected, it took two days and four votes to elect him.

Francis, whose papacy is effective immediately, will be formally installed in the coming days. It's unclear when the installation Mass will happen, but Vatican spokesman Fr. Frederico Lombardi said earlier on Wednesday that Tuesday, March 19, the feast of St. Joseph, is a possible date. He spoke before white smoke signaled news of a new pope, and it was unclear if he expected a decision on Wednesday. Lombardi also said in the same interview that the new pope would likely celebrate Mass with the cardinals the morning after his election.

The day of a papal installation typically begins with a visit with cardinals to the grottos of St. Peter's Basilica, where the first pope, St. Peter, is said to be buried. There, the new pope is expected to say, "I leave from where the apostle arrived" before a procession to the square and the installation Mass (the Mass lasted two hours for Benedict's installation in 2005).

At the installation Mass, Francis is expected to receive the Fisherman's Ring made for his papacy (the one Benedict wore was given up when he retired on Feb. 28 and purposely damaged by Vatican authorities per tradition) as well as the pallium, the woolen stole that's a symbol of his authority.

When Benedict was elected, 12 church representatives knelt in front of him at the installation: three cardinals, one bishop, a priest, a deacon, a married couple, a nun and man from a religious order, and two young people who have had their confirmations -- a key sacrament of the faith. A similar group is expected to kneel in front of Francis as a symbolic pledge of obedience.

After the Mass, the new pope customarily is driven around St. Peter's Square to greet groups of priests and laypeople from around the world who have come to see him. In the days after, he is expected to visit the three main Roman basilicas aside from St. Peter's: St. Paul's, St. John Lateran's and St. Mary Major's. The first visit is usually to St. Paul -- outside the Vatican City walls.

For his first few weeks as pope, Francis will live in a temporary apartment away from the official papal residence. Vatican spokesman Lombardi previously showed reporters a video of new pope's short-term home, which has a study, a sitting area and a carving of Jesus Christ's face on the headboard of the bed. Francis will stay there while the official papal apartment is renovated. The apartment was sealed after Benedict's resignation and church rules say it can't be reopened for any reason until there is a new pope.

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Fri 03/08/13 10:01 PM
Edited by HotRodDeluxe on Fri 03/08/13 10:09 PM

Bush said he saw the first plane hit the tower "on television? BEFORE he went into the classroom.

You can see him say that here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCtb9nlV_20

Yes, I've seen it before. How does his inaccuracy imply a conspiracy?

What does this inconsequential titbit mean to you?

I did not ever say that his "inaccuracy" (if that is what you prefer to call it) implied a conspiracy.

You didn't have to, its very inclusion speaks volumes.

This "inconsequential tidbit" is one of thousands of "tidbits" that don't make sense.

That is probably owing to your lack of information more than anything else.

Any investigator who ignores these "inconsequential tidbits" without getting an explanation is a very poor investigator. Shrugging off countless of these tidbits is just sloppy investigation.

That is glaringly obvious, but one has to determine the significance of these pieces of information and put them in their context.

Every "tidbit" means SOMETHING. What does this tidbit mean to me?
Its hard for me to say because I have no answers to the questions in my mind about why he said this.... and why he told this same story TWICE.

Because he's a politician...think about it for a while, it may come to you.

Does he just make stuff up? If so, what kind of idiot was he? Did he really see the first plane hit the tower on some television screen before he went into the class room? I doubt it. That would be impossible right?

Of course, he's playing the part of a politician. You're assumption that this inconsequential titbit is significant, has its basis in his recollection being accurate years later.

Or maybe he did. That is fodder for conspiracy theorists.

Well, that is why they are stupid. If this was a 'grand conspiracy' do you really think he'd let it slip twice? That is just laughable in itself.

(And people wonder where conspiracy theorists get their ideas.)

I'll tell you. They get their ideas out of the mouths of people like Bush.

I think they pull it out of their collective ***** before engaging their brains.

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Fri 03/08/13 02:09 PM
Do you think a television is a reliable medium?

Television is not the medium, it is the vehicle. happy

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Fri 03/08/13 02:03 PM
I always thought it was because they couldn't read but this explains a lot.

Why take an hour to watch what could be read in five minutes? When they give me a long video without a start time for the relevant information, I don't bother. Experience has taught me it is rarely worth the effort.

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Fri 03/08/13 01:59 PM

Bush said he saw the first plane hit the tower "on television? BEFORE he went into the classroom.

You can see him say that here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCtb9nlV_20

Yes, I've seen it before. How does his inaccuracy imply a conspiracy?

What does this inconsequential titbit mean to you?

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Fri 03/08/13 01:55 PM

actually,GWB was available all the time,being in Airforce One!
Standard Procedure,except in the Mind of CTs!

GWB was right where he was supposed to be!

Of course. It was a standard security procedure.

Bush was sheepishly hiding and doing what he was told.

And why on earth would he still be reading a book to school children while we were under attack.

Ridiculous.

Then all we heard from via the media is Dick Cheney.

pooo!

It was as if he was running the show the whole time.

have you taken your meds today? he was reading to the children when he was notified of it, and then he was taken to air force 1... SOP, sorry, your version is just incorrect...

Not according to his own testimony. He knew of the attack of the first plane before he even went into the school room.

He even stated (twice) in public and on the record that he saw a video of the first plane hitting the tower, which would be impossible since that video had not appeared on the news at that time. So what did he see and where did he see it?

Or was it just a mistake? Did he see the second plane hit the tower on the news before he went into the school room, thinking it was the first?

If so, then why did he continue with his school room photo op? And why did the media claim that he was notified while he was in there?

Or is he psychic and saw the first plane hit the tower in his mind?

Too many questions.

Yes, yes, the politicking speech etc. The first plane was thought to be an accident remember? The second confirmed an attack.

Too many questions without any thinking.

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Fri 03/08/13 01:44 PM

Bush was sheepishly hiding and doing what he was told.

And why on earth would he still be reading a book to school children while we were under attack.

Ridiculous.

Then all we heard from via the media is Dick Cheney.

pooo!

It was as if he was running the show the whole time.

This is just childish.

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Fri 03/08/13 01:39 PM

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Fri 03/08/13 01:32 PM
Some helpful information.

Choosing Credible Sources

When a writer uses a book or published article as a source in a research paper, there are not many questions to ask about the credibility of that source. Many editors have gone through the evaluation process before publication. Using books and the library databases as your first line of research options is a good strategy.

The Web, however, is different. Anyone can put any information on the Web, and sometimes information looks more credible at first glance than it is on closer inspection. Ask yourself, "Is this source credible?" every time you choose a Web source. This is especially true of sources with no author or organizational affiliation. You will likely have to navigate to the homepage of the site to judge its credibility. From a single page within a site, it is difficult to determine much about it. Traveling to the home page will yield much more useful information.

One smart way to use the Web is to begin with sources you know are credible. For example, imagine an essay about blood donation. The writer could Google "blood donation," which would result in any number of pages with various degrees of credibility. Or, the writer could think about what organizations might have good information about the topic, such as the Red Cross, the Mayo Clinic, or the National Institutes of Health. The writer could travel to those Web sites and look for information there first without much fear of coming across poor quality information.

Ways to Determine Credibility

Home page

Always look at the home page, or main page, of any Web site. Look for a link that says "home" or enter the Web address only through the domain name. For example, if you were on the page http://www.amnesty.org/en/demand-dignity, you would delete the information from the end to result in http://www.amnesty.org. On the home page, you can find more information. Especially check out the "About Us" link, which will sometimes reveal the author or sponsor.

Author

Look for who the author is and what you can find out about that person or organization. What are the author's qualifications? If there is no author, think twice before using the source.

Sponsor

Look for who owns the site. Is it a reputable group or organization? If so, that is a good sign, even if no individual author is listed. If you cannot tell what group or individual developed the site, think twice before using the source.

Date

Is the information current? For many disciplines, the currency of information is vital.

Documentation

Does the source tell readers where its facts are from? If the source mentions many details or statistics with no documentation, be wary.

Type of site

Determine the type of site you are considering.

http://www.ivcc.edu/stylebooks/stylebook6.aspx?id=14724

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Fri 03/08/13 01:23 PM
Bin Laden’s son-in-law arrested, brought to US

Sulaiman Abu Ghayth, a son-in-law of Osama bin Laden who has been sought by the U.S. for over a decade is in federal court today. He was apprehended while traveling from Turkey to Jordan and will be tried in New York City. NBC’s Pete Williams reports.

http://www.today.com/video/today/51097983#51097983

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Fri 03/08/13 01:10 PM
Edited by HotRodDeluxe on Fri 03/08/13 01:13 PM

drinker

That's what I'm talking about. Cheney took over as the President during 9-11 attack, while Bush hid out like the wimp puppet he is.

The New York Times’ Maureen Dowd writes today:

In a documentary soon to appear on Showtime, “The World According to Dick Cheney,” [Cheney said] “I got on the telephone with the president, who was in Florida, and told him not to be at one location where we could both be taken out.” Mr. Cheney kept W. flying aimlessly in the air on 9/11 while he and Lynn left on a helicopter for a secure undisclosed location, leaving Washington in a bleak, scared silence, with no one reassuring the nation in those first terrifying hours.

“I gave the instructions that we’d authorize our pilots to take it out,” he says, referring to the jet headed to Washington that crashed in a Pennsylvania field. He adds: “After I’d given the order, it was pretty quiet. Everybody had heard it, and it was obviously a significant moment.”

When they testified together before the 9/11 Commission, W. and Mr. Cheney kept up a pretense that in a previous call, the president had authorized the vice president to give a shoot-down order if needed. But the commission found “no documentary evidence for this call.”

In other words, Cheney pretended that Bush had authorized a shoot-down order, but Cheney now admits that he never did. In fact, Cheney acted as if he was the president on 9/11.

Cheney lied about numerous other facts related to 9/11 as well. For example,

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/03/cheney-admits-that-he-lied-about-911.html

This is false. It was Mineta's testimony that stated such and it was later shown to be incorrect and omitted from the commission's report.

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Tue 03/05/13 12:04 AM
Edited by HotRodDeluxe on Tue 03/05/13 12:06 AM
White has substantially more to say. Please follow the above link to get the full picture. Nonetheless, what we have here is still just the unsupported word of a former Bath business partner, perhaps with considerable reason to bear a grudge: not enough for us to say Salem bin Laden involvement in Arbusto has been established as a fact.

And we're not alone.

Craig Unger has been a fierce critic of Bush's Saudi connections, and has probably done more research into this area than anyone, but here's what he wrote on the supposed bin Laden links in "House of Bush, House of Saud":

Closely tied as they were to both the royal family and the United States, at this point the bin Ladens had only indirect connections to the Bush family and its allies. James Bath, the American business representative of Salem bin Laden, knew both George W. Bush and George H.W. Bush. Khalid bin Mahfouz, who was close to both the bin Ladens and the royal family, had helped finance the Houston skyscraper for the Texas Commerce Bank, in which James Baker had a significant stake. He also had ties to Bath.
But these Bush-bin Laden "relationships" were indirect - two degrees of separation, perhaps - and at times have been overstated. Critics have asserted that money may have gone from Khalid bin Mahfouz and Salem bin Laden through James Bath into Arbusto Energy, the oil company started by George W. Bush, but no evidence has ever been found to back up that charge, which appears to be unfounded.
[A footnote adds] Bath had fronted for Saudi billionaires Salem bin Laden and Khaled bin Mahfouz on other deals, but in this case he says "One hundred percent of those funds were mine. It was a purely personal investment." Bin Laden and bin Mahfouz, he insists, had nothing to do with either the elder George Bush or his son. "They never met Bush," Bath says. "Ever. And there was no reason to. At that point Bush was a young guy just out of Yale, a struggling entrepreneur trying to get a drilling fund."

Breakfast on 9/11

Most of the Bush/ bin Laden links date back some time, but one is far more recent, occurring on the morning of 9/11 itself:

on the morning of the 9/11 terrorist attacks -- George Herbert Bush met with Osama bin Ladin’s own brother at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Washington D.C.
http://www.0nenation.com/external-webpages/angelfire-book7.htm

What can have been going on? Were bin Ladin and Bush discussing the coming attacks over some secret breakfast, just the two of them? Find out a little more about this meeting and it seems unlikely.

Like everyone else in the United States, the group stood transfixed as the events of September 11 unfolded. Present were former secretary of defense Frank Carlucci, former secretary of state James Baker III, and representatives of the bin Ladin family. This was not some underground presidential bunker or Central Intelligence Agency interrogation room. It was the Ritz-Carlton in Washington, D.C., the plush setting for the annual investor conference of one of the most powerful, well-connected, and secretive companies in the world: the Carlyle Group...
http://web.archive.org/web/20050101105420/http://www.redherring.com/Article.aspx?a=6793&hed=Carlyle%27s+Way

Carlyle emerged from the shadows in spite of itself on September 11, 2001. That day, the group had organized a meeting at Washington's Ritz Carlton Hotel with five hundred of its largest investors. Frank Carlucci and James Baker III played masters of ceremony. George Bush senior made a lightning appearance at the beginning of the day. The presentation was quickly interrupted, but one detail escaped no one. One of the guests wore the name bin Ladin on his badge. It was Shafiq bin Ladin, one of Osama's many brothers.
http://www.culturechange.org/CarlyleEmpire.html

So "George Herbert Bush met with Osama bin Ladin’s own brother" would seem to be more accurately described by saying they were both at the same meeting, along with hundreds of other people. Did they actually meet in person? Bush reportedly wasn't in attendance for long ("Bush Sr. left the meetings early") so there may have been little opportunity. They may still have done so, of course, but in order to show that we'll need some evidence: misleading quotes are not enough.

While serving as governor of Texas, George W. Bush met with high-level Al Qaeda leaders, hoping to get support to build a pipeline across Afghanistan. (Michael Moore, Dude, Where’s My Country?)
www.0nenation.com (Web Archive copy)

It was actually Taleban leaders, not al Qaeda, and Moore presents no evidence Bush met with them at all, simply assuming he might have done because he was the Governor.

Taleban to Texas for pipeline talks
A senior delegation of Afghanistan's Taleban movement has gone to the United States for talks.

The delegation is to meet officials of the company which wants to build a pipeline to export gas from Turkmenistan across Afghanistan to Pakistan.

A spokesman for the company -- Unocal in Texas -- said it had agreed with Turkmenistan to sell its gas.

Last month an Argentinian company (Bridas) said it would soon sign a deal to build the pipeline. Unocal is said to have already begun teaching Afghan men technical skills.
The BBC regional correspondent says a pipeline deal would boost the Afghan economy, but peace must be established first, and that still seems a distant prospect.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/west_asia/36735.stm

http://www.911myths.com/index.php/Bush-bin_Laden_family_links

There are myths and then there's the reality.

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Mon 03/04/13 11:54 PM
Let's examine the whole Bush/bin Laden myth.

Rense, that magnet for the vacuous:

In 1979 George W Bush was running an oil company called Arbusto. This was extremely unsuccessful, but he nonetheless managed to attracted some investors, and some accounts claim this included a member of the bin Laden family:

Salem bin Laden, Osama's older brother, was an investor in Arbusto Energy. - the Texas oil company started by George W. Bush. Arbusto means "Bush" in Spanish. Salem bin Laden died in an airplane crash in Texas in 1988.
http://www.rense.com/general14/bushsformer.htm

However, the truth was rather more complex, as a Texas Observer article made clear:

After the death of Mohammed bin Laden, control of the company passed to Salem bin Laden, Osama’s half brother. The roots of the first known Bush-bin Laden convergence date back to the mid-1970s, when the two clans were linked by a Houston businessman named James R. Bath. Bath had befriended George W. Bush in the late 1960s, when they both served in the Texas Air National Guard. By 1976, when Gerald Ford appointed the elder George Bush as CIA director, Bath was acting as a business agent for Salem bin Laden’s interests in Texas. (Texas and Saudi Arabia were well-connected by this point through U.S. oil companies and related industries with operations in both locations.) In 1991 Time magazine and later other publications reported on allegations by Bath’s former business partner that the Bush CIA hired Bath in 1976 to create offshore companies to move CIA funds and aircraft between Texas and Saudi Arabia. After W. lost a bid for Congress, he decided to launch an oil company in Midland in 1979. For $50,000, Bath bought a 5 percent stake in W.’s Arbusto (Spanish for "Bush") partnerships. At the time, Bath also served as business agent for several prominent Saudis, including Salem bin Laden. In exchange for a percentage of the deals, Bath made U.S. investments for these clients in his own name, according to Time. Although Bath has said that he invested his own money in Arbusto, not Saudi money, the fact that he was Salem’s agent at the time has fueled speculation that Osama bin Laden’s eldest brother was an early investor in W.’s first oil venture. It was around the time of this investment, incidentally, that Osama bin Laden made his first trip to the Khyber Pass, where he would soon join the Mujaheddin and the CIA in the holy war that expelled the Soviets from Afghanistan. (Salem, for his part, owned a house in Marble Falls, and died in a 1988 plane crash near San Antonio.)
http://web.archive.org/web/20061002024618/http://www.texasobserver.org/article.php?aid=480

The investment was made in the name of Bush friend James Bath, and (according to him) using his own money. He was an agent for Salem bin Laden at the time, but claims that is was bin Laden's cash are "speculation", at least according to this article. So where does the idea come from?

Enter Charles "Bill" White.

Charles W. "Bill" White, a former Annapolis graduate and US Navy pilot, graduates from Harvard's business school. He is then introduced to Jim Bath who is looking for someone to manage his real estate company. Bath hires White as his partner. Money from the bin Laden and bin Mahfouz families is invested in Bath's real estate company. Among other things, Bath buys the Saudis an airport, office and apartment buildings, and invests in Texas banks. Eventually, Salem Bin Laden and Khalid bin Mahfouz buy an enormous mansion in River Oaks, Houston's most affluent neighborhood...

Bill White and Jim Bath have a falling out. Bath then launches 28 frivolous lawsuits against White, leading to White's financial ruin and expulsion from Houston's business community. White fights the lawsuits, refusing to take a huge pay off to keep silent about his knowledge of Bath's relationship to the Saudis and Bush family.

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/conspiracytheories/saudi.html

Some time after their "falling out", Bill White made various accusations about Bath, telling CBCs "the fifth estate" this about the Arbusto investment:

NOW JIM BATH HAS EFFECTIVELY DENIED HE PUT SAUDI MONEY INTO GEORGE W. BUSH’S COMPANIES AT THAT POINT.
I don’t believe that he’s either denied it or admitted to it. My understanding is that he’s dodged the question by refusing to answer questions pertaining to the funding of Dubya’s companies. I do know that Time Magazine, when they began to investigate this got George Bush Junior to go on the record having denied being in business with Bath and saying that they were just personal friends. Once he was confronted with the documents, then Bush recanted and admitted that Bath had put money in. But my understanding is that in the aftermath of the 9-11 catastrophe, the White House denied that any of that money was Saudi money. They are maintaining that it was all Bath’s money. “Well I know that it was Saudi money because Bath had no money of his own. We were in business together. I saw his personal financial statements. I knew the amount of cash he had available at any given time. “

AND HOW DO YOU KNOW THERE WAS SAUDI MONEY THERE?

Well I know that it was Saudi money because Bath had no money of his own. We were in business together. I saw his personal financial statements. I knew the amount of cash he had available at any given time. And he also confided in me that the money invested both in our Real Estate business and in Dubya’s Energy business was Saudi money. That was the only money there was.

SO EVEN THE FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS YOU SEE REFLECTED IN THOSE FINANCIAL STATEMENTS HE WOULD NOT HAVE HAD THAT AS … CASH?
No, if you look at his financial statement it’ll show that he has maybe fourteen thousand dollars in cash. He has millions of dollars in assets but the only cash available is this Bin Laden revolving line of credit.

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/conspiracytheories/white.pdf

1 2 12 13 14 16 18 19 20 24 25