Community > Posts By > karins59

karins59's photo
Fri 01/25/08 03:27 AM
I truly feel enlightened and unencumbered to see the recent conversation about the topic of masturbation--very funny! And fun! I'm a Christian AND love to laugh!laugh There really are some of us out here that can be Christian and left and liberal and fun and democrats...Oh my goodness! I'm out of the closet!...A fun, left, liberal, Democrat Christian!--who laughs about a lighter look at masturbation!!! Thanks for the smiles...happy happy happy

karins59's photo
Fri 01/18/08 10:03 PM
We're brought up to be and feel guilty! Really?!!! Many of us feel guilty for breathing let alone for enjoying ourselves in any way, shape or form...I often feel guilty or bad about long naps, buying good make-up and ever telling anyone "NO! when asked to do something. Those aren't things that are bad or bad for me; I had a screwy upbringing!laugh

karins59's photo
Fri 01/18/08 09:54 PM
Hmm. The Bible must or is BEST understood in context of all the historical, sociological, etc. aspects of it as well. The Old Testament vs./completes/complements the New Testament. The New Testament fulfilled the prophesies of the Old. JESUS came so that we "could have life and have it more abundantly..." (? Bible--I can find the verse if anyone wants it...)

I am not Jesus; you are not Jesus. Yes, Jesus is Pure. And? Jesus was about love and acceptance...What is the history and story surrounding Onan? Yes, the Bible is God's word INSPIRED. Literal, metaphorical, or some combination of the two interpretations is personal and is what contributes to one's specific walk of faith. Masturbation as adultery...wow..."it's so easy to be 'good' when no one ruffles your feathers." That was on a poster of mine in college ages ago. But it is so true. What is a Christian and what does it mean? Hmm? I believe purity of heart and soul is about WAY more than masturbation...Generosity of spirit, sincerity of heart, desire for true forgiveness and a true turning away from intentional cruelty to other people...Really, masturbation? Such a big deal? All the guilt? Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I've been told that guilt is a useless emotion from every therapist I've been subjected to because I bought into what some "Christians" are telling this girl when I was her age...Lighten up...Jesus is WAY MORE about JOYhappy laugh happy

karins59's photo
Fri 01/18/08 09:34 PM
the Bible, I believe, refers to Onan and onanism and that is where some Christians come up with the whole masturbation/sin thing. It's up to you. What do you think? Personally, I think both God and you have way more important and serious issues, questions, problems, solutions, etc. to deal with than worrying about this. Decide for you if it is OK or not--then choose what you do and leave the fretting out of it. And, being protestant doesn't mean you can't talk to a minister, pastor, etc. If you are too embarassed, that's one thing, but maybe someone is available to you in the church (if you attend a church) or a friend's mom, aunt, sister?...Anyway, you have all your life ahead of you...this is NOT and DOES NOT need to be the BIG DEAL for you that you think it is to others when it is actually NOT their business and is only between God, you, and perhaps the man that may or may not be in your life right now...

karins59's photo
Fri 01/18/08 09:11 PM
Do you write much poetry? I really like this; I have written/intend to write poetry...really, it's very nice.