Community > Posts By > OklaSixpack

OklaSixpack's photo
Tue 02/12/08 04:25 PM
Fireman, and retired from the Air National guard.

OklaSixpack's photo
Sun 02/10/08 06:34 PM
So does anyone go as far back as Mel Tellis, Tommy Overstreet, and some of the '70s and '80s country singerslaugh?

OklaSixpack's photo
Sun 02/10/08 03:48 PM
Well, I will respectfully disagree....I think the majority of the news on radio, tv, and the newspapers is definitely slanted toward the liberal side. Now, I also realize that a lot of that may be up to each persons interpretation of what is liberal, and what is conservative. I do know that neither side is perfect, and either side will do whatever it takes to win you to their side....

OklaSixpack's photo
Sun 02/10/08 02:15 PM
Hey Madisonman, no, I am not saying the "main stream media" is doing a good job of informing me, or anybody. I personally believe the MMM is way too liberal. I'm just saying that almost everyone, whether it's Rush Limbaugh or NPR, a newspaper, or whoever, has their own agenda, and they are going to do whatever they can to make you believe their way. And I'm not calling anyone names, or talking "bad" about anyone. Does that make it even more unclearlaugh?
Jim

OklaSixpack's photo
Sun 02/10/08 10:42 AM
Ok, I didn't read the whole column word for word, and I don't know who Harvey Wasserman is, but he doesn't sound Mainstream Media from what I read, he sounds like a liberal trying to push his own agenda. Which is what everyone does, btw.

OklaSixpack's photo
Fri 02/08/08 06:03 PM
I used to have a little dog tht would chase his tail, and actually catch it. Then he would walk in circles until he bumped into something and fall over. He was hilarious! Still miss the little guy...

OklaSixpack's photo
Fri 02/08/08 05:32 PM
It would be a definite plus!

OklaSixpack's photo
Thu 02/07/08 12:38 PM
Well saidlaugh!

OklaSixpack's photo
Mon 01/28/08 07:27 PM
All right! Everyone have a good night, it's time to get some sleep here...:smile:.

OklaSixpack's photo
Mon 01/28/08 07:02 PM
Ok, so can we agree that both of us maybe misread the others wordsohwell?

OklaSixpack's photo
Mon 01/28/08 06:38 PM
Maybe I should not have emphasized the "you". for that I appologize. The words in quotes below were what I took exception to. That to me sounds like a statement that says "this is what I think, therefore it is right." I was not neccasarily talking about the religious aspect of anything. I am personally against abortion as a means of birth control...I think you are wrong on that. You have a right to disagree, I have no problem with that. It would take way too much time and space to debate everything on here. Since you can't hear a persons tone of voice on-line, maybe my statement did come out sounding arrogant, but it was not meant that way.

Quote: "Before I start I would just like to say that there are certain issues that are, and should be, important to non believers. (though I am Canadian, some of these American issues I do watch with interest) Things like keeping the separation of church and state, defeating the revisionist history bill House Resolution 888, making sure abortion is available for all who choose it, Stem Cell research should continue without government intervention and pressure from the religious right and keeping intelligent design out of science class and put it in religion class, which I'm not opposed to, where it belongs."

OklaSixpack's photo
Mon 01/28/08 06:10 PM
So you think that because YOU believe all those things are right, everyone should just fall in line with you? Sorry, but you are wrong...without debate, on any subject, no one would ever hear any opinions but the ones they agree with...and you are wrong on several of those things you state should be important to non-believers. JMHO.
Jim

OklaSixpack's photo
Thu 01/24/08 03:10 PM
Hope this works..

A fart it is a pleasant thing,

It gives the belly ease,

It warms the bed in winter,

And suffocates the fleas.

A fart can be quiet,

A fart can be loud,

Some leave a powerful,

Poisonous cloud

A fart can be short,

Or a fart can be long,

Some farts have been known

To sound like a song......

A fart can create

A most curious medley,

A fart can be harmless,

Or silent , and deadly.

A fart might not smell,

While others are vile,

A fart may pass quickly,

Or linger a while......

A fart can occur

In a number of places,

And leave everyone there,

With strange looks on their faces.

From wide-open prairie,

To small elevators,

A fart will find all of

Us sooner or later

But farts are all bad,

Is simply not true-

We must never forget.......

Sweet old farts like you!

Kinda brings a tear to your eye - right?

OklaSixpack's photo
Tue 01/22/08 08:38 PM
Hey Moondark, I guess I may have spoke a little out of turn there...I don't know about that particular killing. But in general, not all of us guys are out to do harm to a woman in any form or fashion. BTW, what point was I supporting?

OklaSixpack's photo
Tue 01/22/08 08:08 PM
I support them 100%...guess maybe because I'm retired from the country club of the military(AF/ANG). One thing I do believe different from a lot of people is that you can support the military, and still be against a war we are involved in.

OklaSixpack's photo
Tue 01/22/08 08:05 PM
Not all of us are like that idiot...

OklaSixpack's photo
Sat 01/19/08 05:08 PM
2much4you, the Bass Pro Shops are a HUGE fishing, hunting, camping, just about everything to do with the outdoors store. A big toy store in other words...I guess you were serious about asking what it was:smile:!

OklaSixpack's photo
Thu 01/17/08 07:54 PM
Prayers up.

OklaSixpack's photo
Wed 01/16/08 02:04 PM
Well, parts of this may sound a little harsh, but sit down with him and tell him, in a conversational, non-argumentive way, exactly what he is doing. Don't pick a fight doing it, and if he starts to argue/fight, just be quiet till you can talk again without being interrupted. If he really won't listen to what you are saying now, what will happen in 5, 10 or 17 years? I can tell you....it starts with a D....and it stinks. If he really doesn't realize, maybe he will try to change, if he does realize it and won't change, you have to decide if you want to put up with it. Nobody but you can make that decision. Good luck!
Jim

OklaSixpack's photo
Tue 01/15/08 01:10 PM
There are a lot of great ladies in Oklahoma...maybe it's tough finding the RIGHT lady, but they are out there.
Jim