Community > Posts By > xlil_lette26x

no photo
Wed 10/24/12 10:50 PM
i was raised for part of my childhood in a 2 parent home, the home of my grandparents. it was a single income house and during my time there i was steady stable ad cared for. the other part of my childhood i spent in a single parent home, my mothers. she had 2 incomes from 2 fulltime jobs during my time with her i became unstable but still loved and cared for, diagnosed with multiple mental disorders so she could get me on ssi. i am now 27 yrs old married and a working mother of 3 ( havent been working very long waited for my youngest to start preschool so ive been a stay at home mom the previous 9 yrs). my husband is a hs graduate with 2 yrs of college and im a hs dropout. during the time my husbands pay was our only income we did just fine, and no we did not have any type of government assistance neither of us will accept handouts. my children were happy, healthy, very well behaved and well adjusted. i was happy, and stable. now im working as well and we are barely stretching from paycheck 2 paycheck 2 cover bills gas and groceries, my children are less happy without me, and do not behave as well for their father in the evenings as they did for me. i am constantly stressed out or depressed from not having much time with my kids (only a few minutes every morning thru the wk, and a few hrs on sat and sun). so judging the article from where i sit its very biased bs, ive been in multiple situations faced many hard facts growing up and continue 2 now. i stand at a point where i think its has nothing 2 do with income head of house or the sex of your parents, it is knowing what you want out of life and working hard enough to have that. i wanted a better life for my children than the life i had as a child i have pushed hard, worked hard, and broken down many times to make sure they have all they need and some of what they want. so no it doesnt matter what kind of home your raised in or the type of situation good or bad your raised with, its all on you as an adult to decide if your going to do something with yourself. i havnt done much with my life but i am proud of myself for the few things that i have accomplished and will continue to work hard to accomplish more. i got my GED last spring, and i am hoping to enroll in college this fall.