Community > Posts By > NightOwlvg

NightOwlvg's photo
Tue 01/01/08 04:31 PM
Once upon a time it was a fact the Earth was flat, once upon a time people thought that one element couldn't become another one, plants "ate" soil etc.
None of those were ever facts. Those were assumptions. Scientific study proved otherwise.

NightOwlvg's photo
Tue 01/01/08 04:29 PM
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.
-Mark Twain
Excellent quote!

NightOwlvg's photo
Tue 01/01/08 04:28 PM
if people are going to smoke it no matter what, wouldnt be best if we were the ones seeing the profit
So, the effects are irrelevant, just as long as there is profit to be made?

Nice.

Let's legalize crack, cocaine, heroin, methamphetamines, etc.

NightOwlvg's photo
Tue 01/01/08 04:27 PM
something you dont do
Assumption, albeit a correct one.
and probably know less about
Another assumption, but since you didn't say whom I know less about it that, hard to say. I am certain I know more than the average joe.4
and where are you getting your stats from

You want every source I have ever referred to> Could take a few months to compile.
is it from the non liberals ...laugh
Don't really know where you were going with that one, but I assume you are considering me as one who is not liberal. Plesae disabuse yourself of that notion. I am quite liberal.

NightOwlvg's photo
Tue 01/01/08 04:23 PM
but you cant make someone change there mind based on facts always
Listen, if facts aren't enough to change someone's mind, then they are to be distrusted and dismissed; facts are exactly that. Everyone's got an opinion, but facts don't change. If they are guiding their life strictly by emotion or opinion, they are not someone I care to share much time with.

NightOwlvg's photo
Tue 01/01/08 04:20 PM
the average alcohol drinker 1-3 drinks a month
That's not what I wrote, but thanks for twisting it to suit your agenda.

1-3 drinks when they drink. 1-3 times a month.

NightOwlvg's photo
Tue 01/01/08 04:01 PM
have you done research on the adverse affect that alcohol has on persons body, and how it deteriorates there body after long periods of time and consumption. have you researched the adverse effects of medicine that your doctor prescrubes and the toll it can take on your body if you have to be on it for long periods of time??
Extensively. I am fortunate enough to be healthy enough to not require much medication. If I weren't so damn lazy I could probably reduce my asthma to the point that I didn't require any medication to treat that. However, I am quite aware of what the medicines I have and do take affect me. It was the reason I switched from one medicine to another.
Similarly with alcohol, I have done extensive research on its effects on me. I drink on average 2 a month. When I drink, I drink an average of 3 beers. I dare say that my alcohol consumption is a significantly less concern that the average marijuana smoker's usage.
That statement is based on my research.

I have known many marijuana users throughout my life. I have not known a single user that has a joint twice a month. Or who limits their usage to only those times when they can be certain the effects are reduced to near non-existant before they will be driving and/or working. Most of them have even bragged of their ability to drive and/or work unimpaired by marijuana's effects.

Your average alcohol drinker might have an average of 1-3 drinks on average 1-3 times per month. Your average marijauna user might have an average of 1-3 joints 1-3 times per week.

NightOwlvg's photo
Tue 01/01/08 03:41 PM
I do think though that if you were to find a really good guy who wants to support you and your kid, but the only problem is he smokes weed... you could overlook it if he were to do it in private and never around you or your kid
Overlook a serious lack of judgement?

Amusing.

NightOwlvg's photo
Tue 01/01/08 03:39 PM
Yes. I'll be so rich that I can buy the country
Good luck with that!

NightOwlvg's photo
Tue 01/01/08 03:35 PM
Nah. I've came to my own conclusions
Well hell boy, you're gonna be rich! Able to come to conclusions all on your own! Doctors, scientists, politicians; they pale in comparison to your skills of deduction!

Seriously, anyone can "reach their own conclusion" but without facts, which you can't possibly get without research, your "conclusions" are nothing more than speculation.

NightOwlvg's photo
Tue 01/01/08 03:27 PM
So, how are you going to sit here and tell me on and on again that Weed is terrible?
I know weed is bad. I get that.
I'm not merely telling you that "weed is bad". I haven't spent my entire life hearing that it's bad and based my decision on that. I have done extensive research on the subject so that when my children reach the age I should be concerned about their potential use I have already given them relevant data.

I am aware that there have been documented cases of improvements in various aspects of health. Yet, the totality of these cases pales in comparison to the number of documented cases of deteriorated health as a result of usage.

The point you just proved that you missed is that you have been doing research, which has been written with a particular judgement. Your research has been clouded by those judgements. Your judgement has been clouded by that clouded research.
Etc.
Etc.

NightOwlvg's photo
Tue 01/01/08 03:17 PM
Simple. I get an idea, I start working with that idea, and I come to my own conclusion (not based on the other person's view)
Like, for instance, the idea that marijuana has no adverse affect on you? Or the idea that the government created the illegal drug trade?

NightOwlvg's photo
Tue 01/01/08 03:16 PM
it does we voted in the pepole so we are to blame
You have completely ceased to make any sense...

NightOwlvg's photo
Tue 01/01/08 03:14 PM
I've learned that if I learn things on my own without having someone's judgement to cloud it, I can actually understand my world.
How exactly do you go about learning things on your own without having someone else's judgement to cloud it? Read books? Author's judgement. Read the newspaper? Author's judgement. Listen to the radio? Announcer's judgement.

And don't get me started on the companies and corporations that employ said authors or announcers.

Please, explain how you learn without sources of information that aren't "tainted" with judgement?

NightOwlvg's photo
Tue 01/01/08 03:11 PM
prescription drugs are giving big money to the government the doctors are getting kick backs for prescriptions they give us. same thing with shots they say we need.it will not stop soon
How's that apply? I'm discussing illegal drugs and/or illegally obtained prescription drugs.

NightOwlvg's photo
Tue 01/01/08 03:10 PM
I wonder... was it the weed or is it just because I am prone to spelling errors every now and again?
I don't know. But can you say without a shadow of a doubt that your usage did not create and/or contriute to the problem? That your continued usage is the reason for your continued misspelling?

NightOwlvg's photo
Tue 01/01/08 03:08 PM
I don't know.
I don't watch TV.
And TV is the only source for information?

NightOwlvg's photo
Tue 01/01/08 03:07 PM
its true, look into it you would be surprised
Are you familiar with the position that there is some truth to every lie? Yes, the government has had a hand in creating the illegal drug trade. Does that make it more acceptable? Does it excuse users who continue to support that trade?

No.

NightOwlvg's photo
Tue 01/01/08 03:05 PM
If someone wants to smoke pot, and also get a good job, the person will know when he or she should not in case of the drug test.
The perfect example of the poor and/or lack of judgement that natrually accompanies drug use; I can stop doing it long enough to get hired.
The marijuana isn't going to imapre their performance in any way.
As it clearly did not impair your spelling.
If they were naturally not so bright and lazy, when they smoke weed they will probably be the same way.
However, if someone is already intelligent, if they are a hard worker, and they have the drive to do great things in their life, the weed is not going to change that.
Sorry, that's patently false. Their is significantly more evidence that disputes your position than arguments to support it.

NightOwlvg's photo
Tue 01/01/08 03:02 PM
maybe so, to a point but do realize how many government officials, presidents and others are succesful and use illegal substances. not making excuses just a question to ponder
Yes, but also look how much they are raked over the coals. Who remembers how much Clinton went through for "not inhaling". Shrub has a known alcohol and cocaine past. These things weigh on voters minds, although seemingly heavier when it's a Democrat than reTHUGlican.

The point is, yes people do it and succeed, yes some successful people used to do it, etc. But how many of them have you EVER heard defending their decision to ever have done or continue doing it?