Community > Posts By > leahmarie

no photo
Thu 03/27/08 03:25 AM
Edited by leahmarie on Thu 03/27/08 03:26 AM

yeah so she admitted she made a mistake about the 1996 trip to bosnia.no1s perfect i believe she'll get things done.we dont always agree on all the ideas of the person we are voting for.we vote for the best choice we think.if people bother to vote as all

itsmetina.......

We all know how Hillary made a "mistake" about the trip to Bosnia. She also made a "mistake" when she said Chelsea was jogging on the streets of New York City when the planes hit the Twin Towers on 9/11 and her daughter ran into a coffee shop and saw everything. A number of people have confirmed this is not so. Hillary also made a "mistake" when she said she was named for Sir Edmund Hillary's climb. Hillary was born five years before that event. Then of course, Hillary made another "mistake" when she said ....... well I think you get the idea.

no photo
Thu 03/27/08 02:54 AM
Edited by leahmarie on Thu 03/27/08 03:10 AM
The topic of this thread is "Why Obama Dissed His Grandmother." I will give the answer to that in five words "to save his political ass."

I agree with everything that is being said and I also have to question Obama's actions in aligning himself with Rev. Wright. This man is clearly a racist and anti-American. If you are not black, he will trash you. Yesterday, the news was full of Wright targeting Italians. In the November/December 2007 issue of Trumpet Newsmagazine Wright wrote an eulogy of the late scholar Asa Hilliard wherein he referred to Italians as having "garlic noses." Then Wright continued with his eulogy, or should I say insults against Italians, saying that the Roman government was "Aparthheid and that Jesus' death on a Roman cross was nothing but a public lynching, which was Italian style."

This was supposed to be an eulogy to Asa Hilliard, but Rev. Wright used it to slur Italians and hurl anti-American insults saying "the American government runs everything from the White House to the schoolhouse, from the Capitol to the Klan, and white supremacy is clearly in charge."

Every issue of Trumpet published last year included Wright's column, "The Message," in which he covered a range of subjects, including his views on other African-American churches as expressed in his April 2007 commentary "Facing the Rising Sun." What did he say in that one? He said "blacks live in a world controlled by white supremacy, and America is on its way to hell in a hand basket because of lying politicians. America is a culture that still thinks 'white is right'"

What does Obama think of Rev. Wright? Well according to Obama's federal income tax return for 2006, Obama gave Rev. Wright's Trinity United church $22,500 in contributions.

One of the posters on this thread alluded to the fact that actions speak louder than words. Another statement made by one of the posters is that you don't choose your family, but you choose what church you want to attend. When Obama found himself in this situation, he should have spoken up. If he didn't want to do it explicitly, then he should have done it implicitly by getting up and leaving the pew, the Rev. Wright, the church, and never returning.

As far as Obama's speech last week is concerned, it was eloquent, but it didn't address the central issue. And that is why Obama has Rev. Wright as his spiritual advisor and mentor when the Reverend has such extreme views.

I realize that a lot of people are saying that candidates should not have to answer for the theological views of their pastor, church or denomination. BUT, Rev. Wright's views are not theological views, they are political statements. Therefore, this is a serious issue that Obama needs to address and he did not do so in his speech last week.

no photo
Thu 03/27/08 02:23 AM

Guess he must be having 'senior moments'.

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh I get those. Dangit.sad

Sorry. embarassed

mnhiker......

You must be having a Tinky Winky moment! laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

no photo
Thu 03/27/08 12:25 AM

Lindyy says:

I sent a message too.

MNHiker: "Tinky winky"? What????

Lindyy
:heart:

I also sent a message sometime ago.

Lindyy.....

mnhiker mentioned Tinky Winky. What Tinky Winky has to do with this thread is beyond me. I saw something on TV stating that Tinky Winky is a a purple character on a BBC TV children's show. Reverend Jerry Falwell says Tinky Winky is gay, because he carries a handbag.

mnhiker...... are you calling yourself Tinky Winky? Or, are you trying to tell us something?

no photo
Thu 03/27/08 12:01 AM
Edited by leahmarie on Thu 03/27/08 12:02 AM
mnhiker......

Your post was so ridiculous I had to laugh twice.

no photo
mnhiker......

laugh laugh

no photo
mnhiker......

laugh laugh

no photo
Wed 03/26/08 11:59 PM

mnhiker......

So I bore you because I initiate threads about Obama, but it is okay for you to bash Bush non-stop. You are obsessed with your hatred for Bush; there is something quite amiss with your mindset. I have been on this site for almost three months and the only thing you have done is bash Bush, which tells me something is not right with you. You need to let it go since it is not normal for a person to be filled with such hatred for Bush. You say you are not a typical liberal, but your denial will not make the label of liberal go away. What makes you a liberal are the posts/threads you initiate; they cry liberal ..... liberal .....!

Clean up your act. Get rid of the hate and all of the Bush bashing. Do, say, offer, suggest ..... anything, except the constant boring repetitive hateful Bush bashing. You are really quite obsessed .... not good for your mental health.

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn

mnhiker......

You are a liberal lost cause. Good night. I need to get back to bed. Just got up for some milk and cookies .... chocolate chip gourmet with walnuts. We conservatives not only pick the best candidates to run for president, but we also choose the best cookies to go with our milk. I suppose you are having skim milk and diet cookes? laugh

no photo
Wed 03/26/08 11:56 PM

Senator Joe Lieberman corrects McCain.

Twice.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/03/19/mccain-mistakenly-says-iran-allowing-al-qaeda-fighters-into-country-later-corrects-error/

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/03/20/787720.aspx

mnhiker.......

So what's the big deal?

Let's talk about Hillary and how she ran for cover in Bosnia with all the snipers firing at her?

Or let's talk about Obama and how he sat in a church for 17 years and never heard Wright utter a racist or anti-American remark?

Give me McCain any time. As far as his age is concerned, the man appears to be in better health than you. I am watching TV as I type this and a picture of McCain appears and he looks fit and healthy. You look a bit pale and wain. Additionally, McCain has probably forgot more about foreign policy than you will ever know in a lifetime. My well-founded suspicions are that the amount of foreign policy you will ever learn in a lifetime will fit in a sewing thimble.

Just remember .... this nasty thread of yours won't stop McCain from winning the presidency. drinker

yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn

Let's not talk about Hillary, please, she's an egomaniac who doesn't even deserve being talked about.

Hillary was never under sniper fire, that was a lie told by Hillary.

Does my not defending Hillary still make me a typical liberal?

The Obama thing is way overblown. History. Yesterday's news. Let it go. Oh, that's right, you can't. yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn

I sympathized with you about the young black women who were mean to you on the bus and all you can do is compare me with McCain and personally attack me by commenting about my health.

Are you a medical doctor? I didn't think so. So in your very amateur medical opinion, you don't know what you're talking about, which is what far-right conservatives do when they have no good argument to offer.

mnhiker.....

First. I did thank you for sympathizing with me.

Second. The Obama thing is not overblown. It is going on and on non-stop. Apparently, you do not watch cable TV or you live in a make-believe world.

Third. You are critizing McCain's health and age. As I was reading your criticism and looking at your post/picture, a photo of McCain came up on the TV. I couldn't help notice that the man seems to be in better health than you. You brought the subject up, not me. Perhaps in the future, you should remember the adage "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

Last. Wow! You are really getting testy .... better get some sleep .... you'll feel better.

no photo
Wed 03/26/08 11:47 PM
mnhiker......

So I bore you because I initiate threads about Obama, but it is okay for you to bash Bush non-stop. You are obsessed with your hatred for Bush; there is something quite amiss with your mindset. I have been on this site for almost three months and the only thing you have done is bash Bush, which tells me something is not right with you. You need to let it go since it is not normal for a person to be filled with such hatred for Bush. You say you are not a typical liberal, but your denial will not make the label of liberal go away. What makes you a liberal are the posts/threads you initiate; they cry liberal ..... liberal .....!

Clean up your act. Get rid of the hate and all of the Bush bashing. Do, say, offer, suggest ..... anything, except the constant boring repetitive hateful Bush bashing. You are really quite obsessed .... not good for your mental health.

no photo
Wed 03/26/08 11:35 PM

Senator Joe Lieberman corrects McCain.

Twice.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/03/19/mccain-mistakenly-says-iran-allowing-al-qaeda-fighters-into-country-later-corrects-error/

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/03/20/787720.aspx

mnhiker.......

So what's the big deal?

Let's talk about Hillary and how she ran for cover in Bosnia with all the snipers firing at her?

Or let's talk about Obama and how he sat in a church for 17 years and never heard Wright utter a racist or anti-American remark?

Give me McCain any time. As far as his age is concerned, the man appears to be in better health than you. I am watching TV as I type this and a picture of McCain appears and he looks fit and healthy. You look a bit pale and wain. Additionally, McCain has probably forgot more about foreign policy than you will ever know in a lifetime. My well-founded suspicions are that the amount of foreign policy you will ever learn in a lifetime will fit in a sewing thimble.

Just remember .... this nasty thread of yours won't stop McCain from winning the presidency. drinker

no photo
Wed 03/26/08 11:27 PM

To sum everything up, how much does white American have to give before we are even? What do we have to do to prove that the majority of white America is not racist? At what point is enough, enough!?

perhaps when you stop these ramblings and just let people make up their own mind...yawn yawn yawn

bastet126,

I quite agree. These 'Rev. Wright' threads have gone on long enough and have to end.

If you think these 'Rev. Wright' threads have outlived their shelf life and need to end, use the yawn emoticon whenever someone who shall remain nameless tries to bring them back to life. :wink:

I am quite ashamed to even share the title "human" with ppl who will not tolerate other ppls views, and have no recourse to their statements intelligently except to ridicule their views and seek to get others to do the same. If you cannot intelligently discuss a persons topic, then stay the hell out of it and keep your insignificant feelings to yourselves. end of rant. Thank you

drinker

Well, so much for trying to sympathize. explode

No good deed goes unpunished. explode

And willycents' views was only a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

mnhiker.....

I appreciate your sympathizing with my plight on the bus.
However, you have been unduly angry ever since I have gone after Obama. I never called you to task despite all the Bush bashing you do, until you started name calling and attacking me for bashing Obama. You are acting like a typical liberal. You can do all the Bush bashing you want, but the moment someone goes after your precious Obama, you are, as you put it, "a case of the pot calling the kettle black."

Incidentally, willy cents is right, if you don't like my going after Obama, then stay off the threads.

no photo
Wed 03/26/08 11:07 PM

To sum everything up, how much does white American have to give before we are even? What do we have to do to prove that the majority of white America is not racist? At what point is enough, enough!?

perhaps when you stop these ramblings and just let people make up their own mind...yawn yawn yawn

bastet126,

I quite agree. These 'Rev. Wright' threads have gone on long enough and have to end.

If you think these 'Rev. Wright' threads have outlived their shelf life and need to end, use the yawn emoticon whenever someone who shall remain nameless tries to bring them back to life. :wink:

I am quite ashamed to even share the title "human" with ppl who will not tolerate other ppls views, and have no recourse to their statements intelligently except to ridicule their views and seek to get others to do the same. If you cannot intelligently discuss a persons topic, then stay the hell out of it and keep your insignificant feelings to yourselves. end of rant. Thank you

drinker

no photo
Wed 03/26/08 11:03 PM
Edited by leahmarie on Wed 03/26/08 11:06 PM
bastet and mnhiker ......

it would do you both well to read willycents post on the previous page.

no photo
Wed 03/26/08 10:54 PM
Edited by leahmarie on Wed 03/26/08 10:59 PM

laugh laugh This stuff just makes me like Obama morelaughlaugh

flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou laugh bigsmile

Dragoness.....

Consider this in reference to your liking Barack and his speech.

All Obama did was critize white America. He failed to acknowledge that America has been the best country on earth for blacks. It was here that 600,000 black people, brought from Africa in slave ships, grew into a community of 40 million, were introduced to Christian salvation, and reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity blacks have ever known. In this connection Obama and his wife Michelle should go down on their knees and thank God they and their children are American. Incidentally, the 600,000 blacks who were brought here from Africa were sold to whites by their fellow blacks. In certain parts of Africa when two tribes waged war against each other, the losers were made slaves and either kept or sold to other tribes for the duration of their lifetime.

Obama fails to realize that no people anywhere have done more to lift up blacks than white Americans. Untold trillions have been spent since the 1960's on welfare, food stamps, rent supplements, Section 8 housing, Pell grants, student loans, legal services, Medicaid, Earned Income Tax Credits and poverty programs designed to bring the African-American community into the mainstream.

Obama doesn't want to see that American government, both on the state and federal level, businesses and colleges have engaged in discrimination against white America with affirmative action, contract set-asides and quotas, all to advance black applicants over white applicants.

Obama's speech never gave credit to the churches, foundations, civic groups, schools and individuals all over America who have donated time and money to support soup kitchens, adult education, day care, retirement and nursing homes for blacks. When I was teaching I taught at Delcite prior to my teaching at the University. Delcite is/was a school for adult men and women who wanted to earn their GED. The school was free, if you were black.

Barack talks about new "ladders of opportunity" for blacks. Let him go to Altoona and Johnstown, and ask the white kids in Catholic schools how many were visited lately by Ivy League recruiters handing out scholarships for "deserving" white kids. None -- they were all offered to black kids.

Obama and his Rev. Wright believe white America is responsible for the fact that the crime and incarceration rates for African-Americans are seven times those of white America. I suppose it is white America's fault that illegitimacy in the African-American community has hit 70 percent and the black dropout rate from high schools in some cities has reached 50 percent. Obama won't acknowledge that the fault first, last and always lies within the black community itself.

As for racism, its ugliest manifestation is in interracial crime, and especially interracial crimes of violence. Is Barack Obama aware that while white criminals choose black victims 3 percent of the time, black criminals choose white victims 45 percent of the time?

Is Barack aware that black-on-white rapes are 100 times more common than the reverse, that black-on-white robberies were 139 times as common in the first three years of this decade as the reverse?

yawn

So, leahmarie, were you ever victimized personally by a black man?

mnhiker......

No, I have never been victimized by a black man. Black men treat me the same way white men do. They open doors for me and move aside to let me get in front of them when I am in a fast food place or whatever. If they make eye contact with me, they give me a friendly smile or nod. I am very fortunate when it comes to both white and black men. For some reason they go out of their way to be courteous to me. Maybe it is because I am a pretty blonde? bigsmile

Additionally, when I was riding the buses and trains, because of my accident, both black men and white men would get up and insist that I take their seats.

However, the thing that absolutely shocks me is the rudeness of black women in their late teens, early 20's and into their 30's. As I indicated above, I had to ride the buses when I had my accident. One could tell by looking at me that I had a problem. However, if/when a black man offered me his seat, if there were young black women on the bus they would voice their complaint about a black man offering a white woman his seat in lieu of a black woman. On two occassions when I got off the bus after black men had offered me their seats, young black women tried to trip me. I couldn't believe what was happening. I had to stop riding the buses because of the young black women being so angry towards me.

no photo
Mon 03/24/08 05:52 AM

symbelmyne..... Welcome to the club! The people on this site, including Drew, are bashing me, calling me names and the whole nine yards, all because I originated three threads about Obama.

Can anyone say "persecution complex"? huh

laugh laugh

Take a look at the threads I did on Obama and you won't say persecution complex. You will realize that what I said is a fact.

no photo
Sun 03/23/08 01:13 AM

I have no idea what you are suggesting............noway

I concur with the above. Please rephrase what you are trying to say on this thread.

no photo
Sun 03/23/08 01:10 AM
Edited by leahmarie on Sun 03/23/08 01:11 AM

"Forty-six percent of all poor households actually own their own homes. The average home owned by persons classified as poor by the Census Bureau is a three-bedroom house with one-and-a-half baths, a garage, and a porch or patio.

Seventy-six percent of poor households have air conditioning.

By contrast, 30 years ago, only 36 percent of the entire U.S. population enjoyed air conditioning.

Only 6 percent of poor households are overcrowded. More than two-thirds have more than two rooms per person.

The average poor American has more living space than the average individual living in Paris, London, Vienna, Athens, and other cities throughout Europe. (These comparisons are to the average citizens in foreign countries, not to those classified as poor.)

Nearly three-quarters of poor households own a car; 30 percent own two or more cars.

Ninety-seven percent of poor households have a color television; over half own two or more color televisions.

Seventy-eight percent have a VCR or DVD player; 62 percent have cable or satellite TV reception.

Seventy-three percent own microwave ovens, more than half have a stereo, and a third have an automatic dishwasher." - http://www.heritage.org/Research/Welfare/bg1713.cfm

what a load.no poor i know own a house .i own a microwave i bought at a yardsale,no dishwasher and my stereo is secondhand.
my tv is secondhand.the only real luxury i have is cable and i ****ing work for it.don't quote statistics to me to try to prove poor folks deserve what they get.Next you'll say we shouldn't buy clothes or food.I'm not on welfare so how i spend my money is none of your damn business.Perhaps you should visit the Ozarks or the inner city so you know what poor means.

The stats on poor people are never accurate. For one poor people are hard to track by the census and get missed almost every census. So these stats cannot be believed.

Of course the "poor" that the census caught up with own their own home. They are the only ones not really all the way poor, know what I mean?

There are a lot of poor people who own their own homes. Of course, these are not what you would call middle class homes. When I taught at Delcite, a school within Chester, I saw the homes of the poor. Yes, they were three bedrooms and either one or one and a half baths. However, the homes were so small and rundown, and worth maybe 50 thousand or 60 thousand dollars. It is the same thing with the cars. Almost all of the homes had cars, but older models.

That is a great point. None of the censuses ever list the condition of the homes/cars that the people have only the "official" size and amount.

I know someone who works for welfare and he has been in the homes of poor people. He said that the condition of the homes, the furniture, and everything about the homes was deplorable. However, the thing that amazed him was that practically everyone of these poor people had the big sized TV's that run into the thousands of dollars. For someone to have that type of TV means they are paying out big bucks for cable. Also, they were all walking around with cell phones, which can be expensive, depending on how you use them. My friend said the only rationale as to how these poor people on welfare came up with these items is that they are working under the table ..... not all of them, but quite a few.

no photo
Sun 03/23/08 12:55 AM

"Forty-six percent of all poor households actually own their own homes. The average home owned by persons classified as poor by the Census Bureau is a three-bedroom house with one-and-a-half baths, a garage, and a porch or patio.

Seventy-six percent of poor households have air conditioning.

By contrast, 30 years ago, only 36 percent of the entire U.S. population enjoyed air conditioning.

Only 6 percent of poor households are overcrowded. More than two-thirds have more than two rooms per person.

The average poor American has more living space than the average individual living in Paris, London, Vienna, Athens, and other cities throughout Europe. (These comparisons are to the average citizens in foreign countries, not to those classified as poor.)

Nearly three-quarters of poor households own a car; 30 percent own two or more cars.

Ninety-seven percent of poor households have a color television; over half own two or more color televisions.

Seventy-eight percent have a VCR or DVD player; 62 percent have cable or satellite TV reception.

Seventy-three percent own microwave ovens, more than half have a stereo, and a third have an automatic dishwasher." - http://www.heritage.org/Research/Welfare/bg1713.cfm

what a load.no poor i know own a house .i own a microwave i bought at a yardsale,no dishwasher and my stereo is secondhand.
my tv is secondhand.the only real luxury i have is cable and i ****ing work for it.don't quote statistics to me to try to prove poor folks deserve what they get.Next you'll say we shouldn't buy clothes or food.I'm not on welfare so how i spend my money is none of your damn business.Perhaps you should visit the Ozarks or the inner city so you know what poor means.

The stats on poor people are never accurate. For one poor people are hard to track by the census and get missed almost every census. So these stats cannot be believed.

Of course the "poor" that the census caught up with own their own home. They are the only ones not really all the way poor, know what I mean?

There are a lot of poor people who own their own homes. Of course, these are not what you would call middle class homes. When I taught at Delcite, a school within Chester, I saw the homes of the poor. Yes, they were three bedrooms and either one or one and a half baths. However, the homes were so small and rundown, and worth maybe 50 thousand or 60 thousand dollars. It is the same thing with the cars. Almost all of the homes had cars, but older models.

no photo
Sun 03/23/08 12:27 AM
Edited by leahmarie on Sun 03/23/08 01:24 AM

laugh laugh This stuff just makes me like Obama morelaughlaugh

flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou laugh bigsmile

Dragoness.....

Consider this in reference to your liking Barack and his speech.

All Obama did was critize white America. He failed to acknowledge that America has been the best country on earth for blacks. It was here that 600,000 black people, brought from Africa in slave ships, grew into a community of 40 million, were introduced to Christian salvation, and reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity blacks have ever known. In this connection Obama and his wife Michelle should go down on their knees and thank God they and their children are American. Incidentally, the 600,000 blacks who were brought here from Africa were sold to whites by their fellow blacks. In certain parts of Africa when two tribes waged war against each other, the losers were made slaves and either kept or sold to other tribes for the duration of their lifetime.

Obama fails to realize that no people anywhere have done more to lift up blacks than white Americans. Untold trillions have been spent since the 1960's on welfare, food stamps, rent supplements, Section 8 housing, Pell grants, student loans, legal services, Medicaid, Earned Income Tax Credits and poverty programs designed to bring the African-American community into the mainstream.

Obama doesn't want to see that American government, both on the state and federal level, businesses and colleges have engaged in discrimination against white America with affirmative action, contract set-asides and quotas, all to advance black applicants over white applicants.

Obama's speech never gave credit to the churches, foundations, civic groups, schools and individuals all over America who have donated time and money to support soup kitchens, adult education, day care, retirement and nursing homes for blacks. When I was teaching I taught at Delcite prior to my teaching at the University. Delcite is/was a school for adult men and women who wanted to earn their GED. The school was free, if you were black.

Barack talks about new "ladders of opportunity" for blacks. Let him go to Altoona and Johnstown, and ask the white kids in Catholic schools how many were visited lately by Ivy League recruiters handing out scholarships for "deserving" white kids. None -- they were all offered to black kids.

Obama and his Rev. Wright believe white America is responsible for the fact that the crime and incarceration rates for African-Americans are seven times those of white America. I suppose it is white America's fault that illegitimacy in the African-American community has hit 70 percent and the black dropout rate from high schools in some cities has reached 50 percent. Obama won't acknowledge that the fault first, last and always lies within the black community itself.

As for racism, its ugliest manifestation is in interracial crime, and especially interracial crimes of violence. Is Barack Obama aware that while white criminals choose black victims 3 percent of the time, black criminals choose white victims 45 percent of the time?

Is Barack aware that black-on-white rapes are 100 times more common than the reverse, that black-on-white robberies were 139 times as common in the first three years of this decade as the reverse?

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25