Community > Posts By > FearandLoathing

FearandLoathing's photo
Thu 05/22/14 03:34 AM
And I have never been approached by one.

Riddle me this, Batman...

FearandLoathing's photo
Thu 05/22/14 03:30 AM

You don't know people anymore online than you do in real life, you just convince yourself you do.

People tell you what you want to hear in a lot of cases, it is only natural, they want to create bonds and ties to someone...Something tangible. In real life they do this boldly to your face and without the time that is allowed on the internet for learning their mannerisms and behavior; naturally, you are left at a great disadvantage. So, truth be told; you don't know that the people you talk to face to face are telling you the truth anymore than someone online.

You're just assuming the worst in either case, or assuming the worst of one in favor of the other for reasons all your own but they are both relatively equal.

I don't judge people that easily or quickly either online or face to face. First I take some time to become familiar enough to know whether we identify with life's basic issues and each other enough to where furthering a friendship is worth the effort it takes to create the space for each other in our lives.

As for you thinking that I assume the worst in or about anything is rather startling when you and I have never communicated enough to really get to know each other on or offline.

So in this generalization I think your comment is unfair.

As for people telling me what I want to hear I think this statement is equally as ridiculous because it has no genuine foundation to base your position on as I assume you aren't privy to all my many conversations either online or face to face. So how could you ascertain this without any certainty?

Not to mention the fact that I'm a senior citizen who has been around the world long enough to know my own mind and the games people play. It doesn't take rocket science to see through scammers, players, liars, or cheats, it only takes a little time and a few in depth conversations to determine the trajectory of their goals and game.

In choosing who I want to get close too I've always let people prove themselves to me first. Faults and all. None of us are perfect and in fact it is our flaws that can make us more interesting and endearing, so I don't push people away or ignore them just based on their shortcomings or limitations.

It has always been about how the other treats me personally. If they respect me and show me than I respect them equally. If they don't respect me than there's no need to even try to connect because the natural attraction or infatuation isn't there for me. And it doesn't take long for me to determine this factor at all.

Someone can claim undying love for me and never fail to make me feel this way in private. But if as soon as they get me in front of their family and/or friends they show me the slightest bit of disrespect because their circle might not think I measure up to their standards, then it's over. And I don't fight to save a relationship that isn't based on a genuine connection from deep inside.

If someone claims love and they don't show it in front of others, then to me they are simply posers. And I'm not. I either like you or I don't. And if I do I stand up for you with all I've got, even if it costs me personally. That's just how much I devote myself to those I care for. And if they don't have the same or similar feelings and abilities for me, it's a waste of my time and energy to endure a one-sided relationship.

We are all different. Some people will tolerate anything to feel or be wanted. Some us of have earned the ability to draw lines we don't want or have to cross.

It's really just that simple to me.

Well, I'm glad you are open to differing opinions.

Have at it, tah.

Welcoming, even allowing myself to be converted by differences in opinions is what has helped me to see and understand the world in ways I never could have with a closed mind.

I don't have a problem with being wrong. Because I love to learn new things to keep my mind and feelings fresh and alive. Even if they sting initially from being called out.

If I was always right I could never experience the need to open myself up to grow. And there's nothing I dislike more in life than intellectual boredom.

Yet you are right and I am wrong. The irony is fitting, at least.

My comment wasn't directed at you, it was towards the topic you started, you taking offense to it and approaching it with such a personal touch shows me that there is no real discussion to be had in this topic.

Your way or the highway...Not my digs, peace.

FearandLoathing's photo
Thu 05/22/14 03:19 AM
I don't understand the logic of "Nice guys."

So, just to get this straight...You are nice simply because you said you are nice, and we being the fair people that we are should take this at face value.

Will you buy my pristine '92 Chevy S-10 for a half million dollars? Just for comparison purposes, it is pristine...Picking up on what I'm tossing out there?

FearandLoathing's photo
Wed 05/21/14 04:26 AM

San Fransisco/Oregon Coast.

Met a few people out there together with Rowbaby, soufie can vouch for me...She was there. We was fly.smokin
bet it was beautiful there

Simply stunning.

FearandLoathing's photo
Wed 05/21/14 04:20 AM
San Fransisco/Oregon Coast.

Met a few people out there together with Rowbaby, soufie can vouch for me...She was there. We was fly.smokin

FearandLoathing's photo
Wed 05/21/14 04:10 AM

You don't know people anymore online than you do in real life, you just convince yourself you do.

People tell you what you want to hear in a lot of cases, it is only natural, they want to create bonds and ties to someone...Something tangible. In real life they do this boldly to your face and without the time that is allowed on the internet for learning their mannerisms and behavior; naturally, you are left at a great disadvantage. So, truth be told; you don't know that the people you talk to face to face are telling you the truth anymore than someone online.

You're just assuming the worst in either case, or assuming the worst of one in favor of the other for reasons all your own but they are both relatively equal.

I don't judge people that easily or quickly either online or face to face. First I take some time to become familiar enough to know whether we identify with life's basic issues and each other enough to where furthering a friendship is worth the effort it takes to create the space for each other in our lives.

As for you thinking that I assume the worst in or about anything is rather startling when you and I have never communicated enough to really get to know each other on or offline.

So in this generalization I think your comment is unfair.

As for people telling me what I want to hear I think this statement is equally as ridiculous because it has no genuine foundation to base your position on as I assume you aren't privy to all my many conversations either online or face to face. So how could you ascertain this without any certainty?

Not to mention the fact that I'm a senior citizen who has been around the world long enough to know my own mind and the games people play. It doesn't take rocket science to see through scammers, players, liars, or cheats, it only takes a little time and a few in depth conversations to determine the trajectory of their goals and game.

In choosing who I want to get close too I've always let people prove themselves to me first. Faults and all. None of us are perfect and in fact it is our flaws that can make us more interesting and endearing, so I don't push people away or ignore them just based on their shortcomings or limitations.

It has always been about how the other treats me personally. If they respect me and show me than I respect them equally. If they don't respect me than there's no need to even try to connect because the natural attraction or infatuation isn't there for me. And it doesn't take long for me to determine this factor at all.

Someone can claim undying love for me and never fail to make me feel this way in private. But if as soon as they get me in front of their family and/or friends they show me the slightest bit of disrespect because their circle might not think I measure up to their standards, then it's over. And I don't fight to save a relationship that isn't based on a genuine connection from deep inside.

If someone claims love and they don't show it in front of others, then to me they are simply posers. And I'm not. I either like you or I don't. And if I do I stand up for you with all I've got, even if it costs me personally. That's just how much I devote myself to those I care for. And if they don't have the same or similar feelings and abilities for me, it's a waste of my time and energy to endure a one-sided relationship.

We are all different. Some people will tolerate anything to feel or be wanted. Some us of have earned the ability to draw lines we don't want or have to cross.

It's really just that simple to me.

Well, I'm glad you are open to differing opinions.

Have at it, tah.

FearandLoathing's photo
Wed 05/21/14 02:57 AM
I'm awful at flirting, my brain just doesn't function in those ways...So while someone can be hitting on me, I'm treating it as a natural conversation and continuing on in that manner. Further, I'm wary of anyone who flirts with me...You want my world domination plans, huh? Fat chance, babe.smokin

FearandLoathing's photo
Wed 05/21/14 02:54 AM

FearandLoathing's photo
Wed 05/21/14 01:56 AM
I have a few of those locked inside my stoop...

FearandLoathing's photo
Tue 05/20/14 09:04 PM
Trying to create a seal so my stoop doesn't open...From the inside...

FearandLoathing's photo
Tue 05/20/14 08:54 PM
Didn't read all that...Just here to tell you that people lie regardless of sex, creed, or whatever criteria you mortals apply to diversity.

FearandLoathing's photo
Tue 05/20/14 08:52 PM
I was way off...Wrong Kannada, my bad.

FearandLoathing's photo
Tue 05/20/14 08:51 PM

^^^ Has bombastic bewbs...laugh

Why...Thank you.smitten

FearandLoathing's photo
Tue 05/20/14 08:51 PM
I'm staying in shape by hunting the people in the dark by way of the trees.

FearandLoathing's photo
Tue 05/20/14 08:47 PM
Why wouldn't it be?

FearandLoathing's photo
Tue 05/20/14 08:41 PM
Mmmmm...Bubbles.smokin flowerforyou love smooched :heart:

FearandLoathing's photo
Sat 05/10/14 10:25 AM
Nine Inch Nails - Closer.

FearandLoathing's photo
Sat 05/10/14 10:24 AM
Oh, they don't let us have nice things like that anymore.

FearandLoathing's photo
Sat 05/10/14 10:23 AM

Btw fear ....your mask doesn't scare me ......I see you :-)

That isn't the masks intention, that's why it is smiling.smokin

FearandLoathing's photo
Sat 05/10/14 10:21 AM
That is why I try to find a picture that is smiling.

But hey, they ain't your type...Move on, yeah?

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25