thatsillyfrenchman's photo
Wed 12/26/07 06:43 PM
Yeah they disabled it as it was deemed inappropriate :( But if you would like to know how to bridge your network to another network over a wifi connection. Then let me know ;)

Wed 12/26/07 06:32 PM
No serious IT professional will use Windows, *inux is the way to go. I've seen **** done on a 266mhz that rivals most "extreme" Winblows servers. Gotta love scaled down resources baby :)

Wed 12/26/07 06:29 PM
Use apt and get yourself madwifi, it contains the atheros support you will need to use your wifi card. Its pretty simple to setup, I would recommend using the command prompt supplied on madwifi's site. Your ATI drivers can also be fount on apt I believe. I'm not much of a ubuntu fan personally, prefer the Fedora or Debian breed :)

Wed 12/26/07 06:26 PM
Welcome Yale beauty, care to tell what you are majoring in? I played your rugby team a couple times in my college days. Not much of a team but a great school none the less.

Cheers,

David

Wed 12/26/07 06:12 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys/gals, anyone get something weird for christmas??

Wed 12/26/07 05:40 PM
Hey just wanted to say hello to everyone, and introduce myself.

My name is David, I'm 25, live in Everett Washington. Just here to meet a hopefully cool lady to kick it with and to explore this great state :D

With that said, I'm into Rugby, Politics, Live shows (Rock, Punk, Blues, Jazz), Cooking, Traveling and Film.