Community > Posts By > slate_77

slate_77's photo
Sat 01/05/08 07:21 PM

If I had a frog, I would name him Ned.

Sorry i already named him Frugert!

slate_77's photo
Sat 01/05/08 06:55 PM
Well the thing that's over the top now only has 3 small holes if i get the right kinda bulb then i can probaly get it to about 80 degrees. Which they prefer about 72-82 degrees. I already know alot about them. I just wanted a few pointers. Hes also pretty small i would say hes about 2-3 inchs long & uhh i know this sounds funny but the size of a gulf ball.

slate_77's photo
Sat 01/05/08 06:47 PM
Also about the tank the people told me there that a Pac-Man frog would live a fine healthy life in a 10 gallon tank and i dident have one so i just put him in my 20 gallon. He has that soft mulchy stuff he can burrow in and a big pool the water is shallow enough for him to walk in and there is a stepping stool for him to get in and out....(Hes still learing that part.) lol

slate_77's photo
Sat 01/05/08 06:44 PM
Yea thats what ima do. The tank is rather cold though. Thats the stange thing about this though the water is pretty cold but he still prefers it. There is a heat rock in there with him also. He stays away from it though. He knows it's giving off heat he just doesent care he rather be in the freezing water. Im going to get a new bulb (Fluorescent) and raise the temp the bulb in there now is made for watching fish.

slate_77's photo
Sat 01/05/08 06:22 PM
Hey guys just something to talk about and to figure out. I have a baby Pac Man Frog and he doesent seem to want to eat anything. I took some dead goldfish and put them in warm water and attempted to feed them to him with tongs it dident work. He started breathing hard though showing me he was scared. He has only been in there like 3-4 days. Maybe he needs more time?

slate_77's photo
Sat 01/05/08 05:22 PM
Yea go to google.com and type in Pac Man Frog eating a mouse or anything like that and you will get plenty of videos and the frogs.... there very powerful for frogs. Well thanx and cya later.

slate_77's photo
Sat 01/05/08 05:19 PM
No and that might be why he is taking frequeant dips in the pool. So i will get the right kinda bulb and raise the temp then i will spray. Ive had many reptiles im my life....but ive never heard of a frog eating Mice, Fish and other Frogs...i mean its just wierd.

slate_77's photo
Sat 01/05/08 05:16 PM
Also about moisting the cage i havent sprayed in there yet. By moisting you mean taking a clean water bottle with a spray top and just spraying around in the cage? The cage is rather cold for him anyway so should i still do that?

slate_77's photo
Sat 01/05/08 05:15 PM
LoL so was i but do you have one or ever had one?

slate_77's photo
Sat 01/05/08 05:12 PM
LoL your spose to keep them from getting obese not help them out. This is basically like a human living in mcdonalds and never leaving. I will start off at one a day and see how it goes.

slate_77's photo
Sat 01/05/08 05:07 PM
Yea your spose to keep a eye on it and make sure it gets it or take out the pinkie. Espicially since he is small. How many should i feed him a week looking at the size and how fast he will grow and assuming he will eat them in the first place..... hes spose to eat them not make friends right?

slate_77's photo
Sat 01/05/08 05:05 PM
Yea but since he inst eating anything else are you sure he will "take in" a pinkie or will it be the other way around and the pinkie "take in" him?

slate_77's photo
Sat 01/05/08 05:03 PM
Yea they spend most of there time burrowed or in the water. It says mostly in the water so maybe i will get a bulb that will heat up the tank a little more. So what about him overpowering the pinkies?

slate_77's photo
Sat 01/05/08 05:01 PM
By looking at him do you think he could overpower a small pinkie? Because i have to take it out if he doesent take it in...if you get it.

slate_77's photo
Sat 01/05/08 04:57 PM
Yea im just pretty much looking for someone thats had them. They say it's safe to feed them (anything) as long as it isnt hard and doesent have in paticulare dangereous obstructions.....my friend says he feeds his pac-man other frogs......that will only eat crickets....

slate_77's photo
Sat 01/05/08 04:55 PM
Yea 72-82 degrees but thats what i find strange sometimes when a bulb blows out on another tank for my lizards i have to go get a new one by the time i get home there all pilled on top of the heat rock. This frog refuses it...
(The Photos are in my gallery now)

slate_77's photo
Sat 01/05/08 04:47 PM
Okay hold on let me get a few pics of him.....i made a stupid stepping stole out of rocks i cleaned off because it was to steep for him to get out. Definitly the coolest of frogs but like all frogs....not the smartest...hes still figuring out how to use it lol.

slate_77's photo
Sat 01/05/08 04:45 PM
Yea this was basically just something to talk about because i know everything about the frog already just it seems like he isnt getting along. He might need a little more time to. They said even the largest pac-man can live in captivity in a 10 gallon fine. So a 20 gallon is like a luxury right?

slate_77's photo
Sat 01/05/08 04:43 PM
Yea thats what they also told me. They said a 10 gallon tank would be perfect for any pac-man frog and i only have a 20 gallon so i gave that to him. His still to small to accept pinkies they said Pac-Man frogs would eat in this order. 1st Mice 2nd Fish and 3rd Crickets. Food should be no larger than the frog being close to the frog wont hurt him i was told but the pinkies are bigger than him. (Can i post a pic im my gallery?)

slate_77's photo
Sat 01/05/08 04:38 PM
Well i got what they told me the kinda mulchy stuff that he can burrow in and thats exactly what he did when we put him in there... he's got a heat rock and it's warm but he stays away from it and prefers the cold water....