Community > Posts By > corynski

corynski's photo
Thu 10/10/13 07:02 AM

Greetings

Please post any evidence for the existence of gods or goddesses. Thank you.......

Seriously, if you were an omnipotent, omniscient 'God', would you have created a world such as this? How could a God that came from ?, where, where could a god have come from? Another god? From nothing? Perhaps the matter and energy of the universe, or multiverse, has always been here, that there is no nothing, it's all something that continually transforms itself into something else. Or not......

It's been said that humans have been made in 'God's image". Really? Was 'God' born? Does a god eat? Sleep, take vacations, get married, have children? Get the idea? God is perfect I'm told, doesn't need a job, or a doctor, or a lawyer, or a car, or medicine.

So how are we made in God's image?

Perhaps you've noticed that most of the creatures God has created have to eat each other alive, just to stay alive themselves. And as Christopher Hitchens was so fond of saying, "Where was God for the thousands of years while we were evolving from primates into humanoids with considerable difficulty, suffering and dying like flies from childbirth, toothaches, minor infections as well as plagues and such. Has God been watching? Until a few thousand years ago He said, hmmmm, maybe I should go do there and help the humans."

Fiction, mythology....... Just think of all the hundreds and thousands of gods and goddesses that have been created by the humans, many of which are still worshipped today. I read of 'other gods' in the Bible, and wonder if these gods were real or not. Did the god of the Torah and the Bible really believe these 'other gods' were real?

Could it really be possible that we have three different religions, Judaism, Islam and Christianity, all created by the same God, with three different holy books, which don't agree? Islam says Jesus is not a god born of a virgin, Mary. Sura 5:7, "Unbelievers are those who declare: 'Allah is the Messiah, the son of Mary." And sura 5:51, "Believers, take neither Jews nor Christians for your friends. They are friends with one another." And sura 62:6, "Say to the Jews: 'If your claim be true that of all men you alone are Allah's friends, then you should wish for death."

Hmmmm........ And I'm told that the Jews don't believe that Jesus is the Son of God. And why are these three religions are so violent, while Taoism, Buddhism and Shintoism are very peaceful religions?

We need to rethink the religion issue........

charley, 76, lancing, Tn

corynski's photo
Tue 01/22/13 02:53 PM

Greetings everyone.....

Someone mentioned 'feeling' God in their body, so I would ask just what does 'God' feel like in one's body? Others hear 'God' talking to them..... OK. God has never spoken to me. My question is: 'Why doesn't 'God' simply show up and take over, so we could all be on the same page. Repeatedly it is said Jesus would return, promptly, but it's been 2000 years now. There are people all over the globe who know nothing of the Christian God.

I see no evidence for any gods or goddesses. The amount of evil in the world suggests something is amiss. So I have a question for you -- "If you were God, possessing unlimited power, would you create a world like this?" A world where every creature has to eat some other living creature to survive?

Would you create a world where 90% of the species you've created become extinct? A world with two sexes of humans instead of just one?

Would you create three different religions, Judaism, Islam and Christianity, and give them three different 'Holy" books?

A world where God's servants, the Priests and Pastors, are raping school children while God watches, yet doesn't punish the clergymen, He punishes the children instead, who carry the scars! A world where God decides to kill all HIs children, except a few, with a flood because they were all lacking?

The world needs more rationality, not more superstition. Look how religions splinter into smaller groups because no one can agree upon what 'God' is, or means, or does. And just look at the suffering of all the starving children in the world, can 'God' not prevent suffering? Is God more interested in your love life?

If someone could, and would, please, show me some evidence for any gods and goddesses. My suspicion is that 'God' is NOT REAL, but is a reification involving certain ideas about creation and omnipotence, but in fact has no real 'Being' at all.

Charley/Lancing, Tn.