Community > Posts By > tallymama

tallymama's photo
Mon 10/08/07 11:26 PM
I try to do a good deed at least once a week. I was on campus today and offered to buy a cup of coffee for the student behind me in line. I actually had to talk him into accepting the gift. I told him to on day pass the goodwill on to someone else and make them feel good.

tallymama's photo
Mon 10/08/07 11:21 PM
I got angry at a local car dealer that sold me a lemon car and would not replace the vehicle so, I decided to have one of my brothers help me make signs and we picketed the car dealership from open to close while I was in a wheelchair. We had a sign that said "honk if you hate dealers that rip off the handicapped" That was not a quiet day for the dealer and he was pretty angry!

tallymama's photo
Mon 10/08/07 11:13 PM
sorry for the typo. it should have read "family member"

tallymama's photo
Mon 10/08/07 11:12 PM
We all have family members that have done the unforgetable. What is the most outrageous thing a family mamber has done?

tallymama's photo
Mon 10/08/07 11:03 PM
Keep working on it. Persistance does work eventually. I actually use a scooter but it doesn't stop me here. I am also a full time student at the university.
I wish you luck. Feel free to let me know if I can be helpful in any way.

tallymama's photo
Mon 10/08/07 10:57 PM
we are talking about a vehicle aren't we big? (LOL)

tallymama's photo
Mon 10/08/07 10:55 PM
If I was a noticably disabled woman trying to get home in a storm would you stop to help me? If so how would you try to help me?

tallymama's photo
Mon 10/08/07 10:51 PM
It was just a question and I had. No right or wrong answers. It was just wondering how persons with disabilities got help in Canada and from whom. I did not know if help was freely available. I guess I was looking nore at the humanitarian aspect.

tallymama's photo
Mon 10/08/07 10:49 PM
I use a wheelchair....would you help me across a street during a storm or would you let me make it on my own?

I beleive in helping others so if there was a storm and you had problems carrying say some bags down the street, I would try to help by carry your groceries for you to an area that was safe.

tallymama's photo
Mon 10/08/07 10:43 PM
I was in a class today and we were discussing the American Disabilities Act of 1960.

How are disabilities handled and considered in Canada? Are people helpful or do they frown upon persons with disabilities?

What kinds of governmental help is available in Canada?

tallymama's photo
Mon 10/08/07 10:38 PM
Edwina

tallymama's photo
Mon 10/08/07 09:39 PM
Hey Mike;

glad to hear you are having a good time.

Make sure you try rus mali. It is the best and even better than chapatis.

I spent 3 months in Karachi and know just how you feel. I remember when I went, we went out and things were so bad there that the children picked up what we did not eat for themselves. There certainly is a lot of hunger in that part of the world.

I cooked Indian food for about 20 years back in my married days.

Wait til you experience the actual wedding dinners! You will love them. The sweeet rice was one of my favorites.

tallymama's photo
Sun 10/07/07 11:19 PM
talking about

tallymama's photo
Sun 10/07/07 11:02 PM
Here are a few more:

using milk crates for packing boxes to move with

using plastic garbage bags to cover yourself in the rain.

my sister reuses ziplocs

raiding someone elses fridge and using their leftovers for dinner. (I must be hungry, I keep coming up with food items)

taking popcorn and soda to the movies

reusing blank return envelopes that are in your bills to pay other bills

taking napkins from fast food places

tallymama's photo
Sun 10/07/07 10:47 PM
thrift stores are not wheelchair friendly. BUT.. you could use one of the wheelchairs for sale while you are perusing the merchandise

tallymama's photo
Sun 10/07/07 10:45 PM
no lilwabbit....you get a courtesy cup of ice and then pour store brand soda into the cup at the counter. Don't drive up...it uses gas

tallymama's photo
Sun 10/07/07 10:42 PM
reusing dryer sheets and counting the number of squares of toilet paper you can use is pretty bad.(3 for #1, 5squares for #2)

tallymama's photo
Sun 10/07/07 10:37 PM
I went to a democratic meeting a couple of weeks ago where peeps had to a bring a dish or amke a donations. After the meeting, there was a lady there who put about 80% of the leftover food from the table in a bag she brought with her.
I was shocked that I almost did not see her take the food because she was so fast at transfering the food from the table to her bag.
Now, I understand that there are people out there that aare hungry but this one took the cake and that to me is cheap!
I was just talking about this to my daughter this evening.

tallymama's photo
Sun 10/07/07 10:18 PM
Hi Matt and all new members. I wish you all success. Hopefully there will be more peeps from the Tallahassee, Florida area.

tallymama's photo
Sun 10/07/07 09:56 PM
SEX.....It takes your mind off smoking and keeps you hands and mouth busy.