Community > Posts By > Calotine

Calotine's photo
Sun 12/23/07 11:30 AM
Edited by Calotine on Sun 12/23/07 11:30 AM
Honestly, for years when someone doesn't write me back, I never think twice. I never faulted them for not replying, cursing at their rudeness, yet I thank them for just not wasting my time.

PS, funny enough. I have NEVER EVER gotten a "thank you but no thank you" reply from guys who are not interested. :)

Calotine's photo
Sun 12/23/07 11:14 AM
Norm for dating sites. Don't take it personal. It also depends on the number of people on each dating site. Some sites just have very little members in certain areas. :D

Happy Holidays!

Calotine's photo
Sun 12/23/07 11:08 AM
I feel like I need to say something about this topic since this issue keeps coming up. If someone writes you and you are not interested, do you reply with a very generic “Thank you, but no thank you” letter?

I get tons of generic emails saying hi, I want to get to know you all the time. So generic it's like they just copy and past to every girl around the area. If I am not interested, it is NOT RUDE to just delete and not reply. People on these sites don't know me, there is no need for them to sit around and listen to me talk about “how we are not compatible”. It's a waste of time for everyone. I actually feel like it's polite to just remain quiet and not be critical. It's not like a male friend who just all the sudden confess to you his dying love and you have to let him down easy.

I have had many guys who just disappear or never call/write/email... you just can't take it personal. You could be the nicest guy in the world, but if there's no chemistry, I am saving you your time to find someone who would treasure you and think the world of you. Vice Versa!

Personally, I really don't want some guys writing me telling me why he is not interested; maybe he thinks I am not pretty enough, not tall enough, wrong profession, wrong age, wrong race, wrong religion, nothing in common or whatever odd personal reasons... Dating is very personal. If I am not the girl you are looking for, leave it at that.