Community > Posts By > DMC

DMC's photo
Sat 10/09/21 10:05 PM
:thumbsup:

DMC's photo
Thu 02/04/21 04:27 PM
If there was an existing marriage between us, & the man became disabled after at least 5 years after, & no children, then yes, I would support him financially.

No marriage, just living together no matter the length of time, with or without kids, hell no I wouldn't support him.

Also it would have to be an actual physical disability caused by no fault of his own. If he wound up paralyzed due to Alcohol, drugs, skydiving etc. then I'm not supporting the results of such bad decisions.

This is why you ask about family history when dating someone: if every other man in his family gets strokes at 50, or has mental illness for example, then you can clearly see his potential future health wise, due to genetics. Biology matters in choosing a mate.

DMC's photo
Thu 12/24/20 01:18 PM
The proper "on line dating" progression:
1. 3 to 4 messages back & forth on whatever site, over 2 to 3 days.

2. If both parties are still interested. this should progress to a phone # exchange for a "live" conversation. Skype or Zoom can also be used. There should be 3 to 4 conversations, which should ultimately lead to arrangements for an in-person "first meet". Due to all the pandemic restrictions, venues to meet up at are practically non existent. If you live in an area with good weather all year round, pick a park & take a walk. For cold weather states, at this time of year, pick a store or mall to walk through. Daytime for first meeting & under 30 minutes is best.

3. Repeat until relationship is achieved, or it is determined that there will be no relationship. Start stwp 1 again with new potential online match.

Do not let either step 1 or 2 become dragged out. If there is no progress, there is a reason usually: the person is a scammer, catfisher, etc. Meeting in person should always be the goal if 2 people actually connect on multiple levels of attraction.

DMC's photo
Tue 08/11/20 05:44 PM
Depending on the type of cultural difference, it may not be possible to have a relationship at all. Example: if in a male's culture it is required that a menstruating woman live outside the house during her period, exactly what right thinking female raised in a Western system of education & values would be able to be his partner?

It is not what 2 people ate willing to ACCEPT in another culture, but what 2 people are willing to actually GIVE UP out of their own culture that matters.

DMC's photo
Mon 06/01/20 03:47 PM

DMC's photo
Fri 03/27/20 01:50 PM
mad I'm working at home in the Bronx and I don't see anyone self-quarantining! Street outside my window shows people coming & going, except that bus & train svc. is limited.

I HAD to go to the drugstore last night, & the line outside the store was 10 people long (only 10 people allowed inside at one time). I see a lot of elderly walking around too, I guess they can't let go of their habits, even though they are a high risk population for the virus.

The local bodegas are still selling lottery tickets, cigs. & beer, so I know NYS tax revenues are still coming in...

When you can't find the human vices of gambling, chemical addictions, or sex being indulged in or provided for, that's when you know it's the end...devil

DMC's photo
Thu 01/30/20 04:18 PM
To OP, putting in thingd like verifying pics, and no drugs etc., doesn't matter because:

Scammers never read the profiles...NEVER...

I've had 99% of males who send messages to me FAIL my simple question of "tell me one of my profile interests you share". They can't bc they either can't read English well enough to compose a sentence around my listed interests or they know I'm using it as a scammer test.

So, it just doesn't work to try to warn them off, they are impossible to pre-empt.

DMC's photo
Thu 01/30/20 03:58 PM
Edited by DMC on Thu 01/30/20 03:58 PM
For a "relationship ", I would obviously give up having my weekends all to myself. That's all I can think that would impact my lifestyle while just dating.

Now for actual marriage I would obviously give up living alone, & if money was no issue I would give up my job, would be willing to to move where my husband needed to live, etc.

What I'm willing to give up is based on the "relationship" level.

DMC's photo
Wed 01/29/20 05:25 PM
Could be a political issue. Many countries in Europe are having issues with refugees/immigrants who are people of color. They begin to see all people as part of that problem if they are not white.

Could be cultural. While many European cities are fine with tourists of all colors vacationing in their neighborhood (which brings $$), the people of
the country themselves are homogeneous and don't welcome inter-marriage and reproduction with people outside of the country's main ethnic group.

DMC's photo
Sun 01/12/20 03:41 PM
I only do jeans and sneakers on Casual Friday at work, but not even then if I'm going out after work. Weekend can be sweat pants for running errands but meeting friends, means dressing up(not heels unless I'm getting a ride). No makeup or hair styling at all, always in a braid or bun or headband when it's just loose. One thing I never leave the house without is earrings. Could be a snowstorm where I have to be completely bundled up and wearing Frankenstein snow boot, but underneath all my huge Antarctica coat hood and scarf I got my Swarovski Crystal dangling earrings on. :blush:

DMC's photo
Sun 01/12/20 03:27 PM
Nobody?...well...ok

DMC's photo
Tue 12/24/19 10:36 AM
Hi, would anyone be interested in getting together, (a group is fine), for visiting Manhattan on the weekends, to see museums or off b'way, or music (not rock or pop stars music though) next year? Everyone pays their own way, & hopefully has a fun day out? Not dating, just something the same as friends going out together for such & such event. Let me know in replies, we can message on the site? Manhattans art & culture scene has a lot to offer & lots of it can be budget friendly too.

DMC's photo
Sat 12/14/19 05:43 PM

DMC's photo
Sat 12/14/19 07:25 AM
So many people nowadays do their shopping, banking, other errands online & when they are actually outside they drive. It's becoming more unusual to actually meet someone "in the street". I'm live in the Bronx, so all I ever see on the street are teens and moms w/kids. My commute to work on bus and train, mostly females. If I did ever see an attractive (to me) male, I would notice his height and facial features 1st.

DMC's photo
Sat 12/14/19 02:37 AM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

DMC's photo
Thu 11/21/19 03:45 PM
Seems nice, just enough info for some talking points, or message starter topics, also you have a decent #of pics (is the dog included?, if not try adding one of her).

Some women do judge by grammar & typos, so give it a spell check? Good luck with the site

DMC's photo
Thu 11/21/19 03:36 PM
Activity partner rules are that there is no romantic connection, it's not a date. For example: If you would go to the museum with one of your same sex besties, and then luch or dinner afterwards while you each Pay Your Own Way...rhats an activity partner. If the guy is picking up the tab for everything then you are treating it as a date.

Idk what my single sisters out there are thinking but men are simple, & need simple clear instructions. If you don't pay your own way, & let them "take you out" for whatever, don't blame them when they then think you are dating them and they're gonna get some...I consider my self a don't blame the victim kinda person, but really ladies, we often do the most damage to ourselves...

DMC's photo
Thu 11/21/19 02:34 PM

DMC's photo
Sun 11/17/19 06:44 PM
On a serious note , yes the first IRL meet should occur sooner rather than later, unless of course you are in diff. states or in diff. countries. Even skyping is preferable to endless texts & calls. Always a red flag if the person you're messaging has an excuse for why you can't meet in person.