Community > Posts By > callmebetty

no photo
Sun 01/01/12 03:41 PM
excellent brian cranston interview on wtf. not sure if it's still available for free.just google wtfpodcast cranston---sp?

no photo
Sun 01/01/12 03:18 PM
oh and to answer your question, yes violence9well, physical aggression) is neccessary, it is a tool, depends on how and when it is used.

no photo
Sun 01/01/12 03:14 PM
violence violent violate,think of violence as a violation, it doesn't have to be physical or even verbal-a mother's mean undeserved frown cause she's tired, is a violation of a childs sense of wellbeing.eg./violence is seductive,contagious and can escalate very easily./religions and wars attempt to suppress it,regulate it,yes that sounds backwards-and i've never been a soldier,cop etc. so i can't pretend to understand even abit of what it's like to be in a violent profession. The main point is violence needs to be explored more, and we all need to look in the mirror, rambling...

no photo
Sun 01/01/12 02:41 PM
is that not 2 questions? 1.was is right to promise? yes--and 2.was it right to not pray? yes--3. was it right to promise, knowing i wouldn't keep the promise? i'd say yes because you were trying to bring comfort to one suffering, i m op
i say it's 2 questions, since there were 2 decisions made at 2 different times.

no photo
Sun 01/01/12 01:34 PM
Yep, always up for new art friends! M or F-friends that is.spock

no photo
Sun 01/01/12 01:55 AM
No, since I feel like a teenager. In fact I'm way too immature,silly and brilliant for my own good,lol. Have young guys doggin around me, but I only want a dog that's loyal to ME.woof!

no photo
Sun 01/01/12 01:39 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/ideas/episodes/2011/02/28/the-scapgoat-rene-girards-anthropology-of-violence-and-religion/

got 5 hours?, these will answer questions, very simple, very complicated-i've listened to them many times, very cool-
must have open mind, be able to hold two opposing thoughts at once-
for instance i'm not christian, but jesus had the answer-
this explains human violence and the key to understanding it
(no religious arguments,please,but i'm up for discussing mimetic theory any time!):smile: