Community > Posts By > iamajedi

iamajedi's photo
Thu 02/06/14 01:36 AM
Wow that's pretty lame. You mean I have to click 'next' through who knows how many windows, looking for a little icon?

So I tried this. Scrolled through 12 pages of search results. No matches. If that's the only way to do it, just come right out and say it can't be done.

But you know ... without being able to find people near me to talk to ... I guess I don't have any use for this site.

iamajedi's photo
Mon 02/03/14 04:07 AM
Edited by iamajedi on Mon 02/03/14 04:09 AM
In section Search:Who's Online
it dumps out an unordered list of at least 300 users on 33 pages.

How can I narrow the search to find who's online NEAR ME ? Or at least order the results so I can zoom to the correct page.

I mean it's nice that there are 300 users online, but I really am not interested in talking to users from Nigeria.

iamajedi's photo
Mon 08/26/13 05:51 AM
That's exactly why. Just as you don't want to waste time on every man you see, we also don't want to waste time on every woman we see.

It takes about 5 minutes and zero risk to evaluate via chat if someone is worth spending any more time on: shared interests, shared views, can she hold a conversation or does she expect me to do everything including fill the silence with entertainment for her? (amazingly common)

Personally I prefer text chat for a start because I'm not going to waste my time on someone who can't write a complete sentence. That's a good indicator of many other things.