renaissanceman63's photo
Tue 12/25/07 05:20 AM
It's a long night when you yearn for the return of your loved one(s). However, the night is history and this is the beginning of another day. One of the most important things in life is hope. Without hope, all is lost.

Loneliness is no fun. If we choose to be alone, it feels like a respite; if we are alone and do not want to be, we ache inside. For the last three years, just before Christmas, a woman I loved, bolted from our relationship in order to socialize with her friends and family unimpeded by a relationship with me. It is not that I did not want to socialize. I think she subscribes to the notion that he who travels fastest, travels alone.

I was alone last night. I am alone this morning. I am grateful that I have my beautiful dogs. I am feeling my hurt and hoping for a better day. The sun is shining through my window. A freshly brewed pot of coffee sits on my kitchen counter, the morning newspaper on my recliner. It could be worse. I have learned in my life that as bad as things can be, they can always be worse.

Isn't it great that we have each other. I watched one of my favorite movies last night, It's a Wonderful Life. I am always moved by the life lessons in that awesome story.