Community > Posts By > CYNSATIONAL

CYNSATIONAL's photo
Tue 12/11/07 03:00 PM
I think the biggest problem we have is the generalization and standardization of parental rights. Each case is unique as are those involved in it. It is such a shame that the courts are so congested they can't or won't look at each case and make a decision based on its unique circumstances.

CYNSATIONAL's photo
Tue 12/11/07 11:03 AM
Thanks!blushing

CYNSATIONAL's photo
Tue 12/11/07 11:00 AM
My oldest daughter has been besieged with health issues from her premature birth on. She is legally blind in one eye, has chronic, they now think rhuematoid arthritis. She is on crutches often.. and is teased about being a hypochondriac, at school, by her father and other relatives. She is fifteen, beautiful and talented, musical and an honors student. She has two sisters, one has ADD and the other is morbidly obese.
And dealing with the issues that come up with these girls breaks my heart. I'm a single parent like the rest of you.
Sometimes I just want to cry in my beer and hide my head in the sand. Its all so overwhelming.
But the....they walk in the door and say things like...
MOM I made all region (band). Mom, I got the grant to start a school newspaper (in fourth grade) They made me editor in chief!
or Mom! I got all A's this time! (from my child with ADD for the first time ever) and you never had to tell me to do my homework all quad. I did it on my own.
Or...Mom, can we take our christmas presents back. so and so at school...their dad lost his job..they wont have a christmas.
And they did,,take em back,,and those kids had christmas..and so did mine!!
So ....I'll cry when i need to cry, but mostly they are tears of joy. The kind of tears we parents shed.

CYNSATIONAL's photo
Tue 12/11/07 10:19 AM
I am a divorced mother in Texas, and while I am no expert, the sum of my experience is as follows
Payment of Child Support does not affect visitation (and I don't think it should..visitation is not about having leverage or control over the father, it's about allowing children to have or develop a relationship with their parent.)
In my case, I have to appeal to the court to move more than 120 miles from the courthouse where the divorce was granted.
(again a good idea in my opinion, too many custodial parents take off so far that the other cant possibly manage to see their children)
there are different types of visitation schedules, standard, every other weekend etc.., limited, which means the schedule is cut short for a reason the judge finds just or safe, supervised...only used if the judge feels the children are in danger of some sort...long distance, which is for those who live over one hundred miles apart and probably more I am not aware of.
It's my day off and my brain is on hiatus, but if you have points you want to know about, let me know, If I dont know, I can find out, quick.
Also there are some good organizations to help fathers here, and this one may be nation wide. Its a self representation advocacy center, and is called "Fathers for Equal Rights"
I have to say, Fathers dont have the free resources Mothers do, usually.
I would also like to state, just so the ladies out there know..I was married to an a** and he is still one. He makes life difficult for my girls and I every day. He stays behind on child support and only shows up on occasion. His children are not his priority. But he does have rights, should have the same ones I do. I don't limit his time, try to share and accommodate his schedule. I don't like the things he does, but, I am not his judge and jury. My children have the right to know him and form the relationship they choose with him.
Boy am I londwinded for a brain dead person!

CYNSATIONAL's photo
Sun 12/09/07 10:49 PM
Maybe the first move for you would be to stop thinking about how much they won't like you and think about how much you like them. When we take our focus off ourselves and put it out there, we are often surprised at the results.
When you learn to stop focusing on yourself and your own insecuritis you will often find you have more to offer and so will they.
Good luck

CYNSATIONAL's photo
Sat 12/08/07 10:36 PM
$285.00

Kinda mediocre, I need to work on my score..er bail. Shoot I still have fifty dollars left from my life savings. I'm good.

CYNSATIONAL's photo
Fri 12/07/07 06:24 AM
I've been trying to figure that one out for a while. It could be because I have three teenagers, or maybe that I live in the suburbs of BFE. Perhaps it's because I don't play games and am honest. Or maybe the timing is all wrong. But it beats the heck out of wondering why I am living in a bad relationship, never alone but always lonely, etc...
Life gave me a lemon, I turned him into lemonade. He only yelled a little when I juiced him. loldrinker

CYNSATIONAL's photo
Fri 12/07/07 06:10 AM
I suppose I am easily amused too! I just read all of your replies. Hmmmm maybe I need to get a life!

ohwell

2 Next