Community > Posts By > digitale

digitale's photo
Tue 03/04/08 09:50 AM
The Windows System Restore only works if you have it set to create recent checkpoints. In addition, many manufacturers use a system restore function that will restore the computer to its original state. If you don't have a knowledge of the system, the only safe bet is to have a professional look at it, or use an undelete utility.

That said, sure, the system restore might do what you want, but unless you know what you're doing, it's not worth the chance.

digitale's photo
Mon 03/03/08 07:03 PM
NO! System Restore is generally included by the manufacturer and will restore the system to it's original state (i.e. erase everything but what came on the computer).

Your best bet is to buy an UnErase utility (Symantec makes a good one) and try that.

DO NOT TRY TO USE THE SYSTEM RESTORE

digitale's photo
Mon 03/03/08 01:23 PM
Most of the time, any company that gives away hosting is either VERY limited or places ads on your site (or both).

I personally recommend these guys. I've been with them for years now and their support is great, they're cheap, and they provide a ton of space. They also have great scripting and database support.

Check them out.
http://www.fatcow.com/join/index.bml?AffID=556421