Community > Posts By > TinaW172

TinaW172's photo
Sat 12/15/07 07:31 AM
My two teenagers fight almost all the time but I tell you if anyone ever tried to hurt one of them the other one would protect them until the end. They may act like they don't like each other and want to kill each other but they truly do love each other deeply. I think that is a person they know they can let all of their emotions out on and have that person still love them in the end.

TinaW172's photo
Sat 12/15/07 07:27 AM
I've had many hard parenting moments. My daughter was born with a hole in her heart & pulmonary stenosis. When she was 3 she drowned in a friends pool and they were able to bring her back.
At age 9 she had a brain tumor removed. In the midst of all this her father had cancer and died a month after her surgery. 3 months later my father died.
Last year, from all the stress, even though there was a lot of counseling involved, my son tried to commit suicide.

I have to say the only way through all of these really difficult parenting moments is to call on my faith in God. This scripture has helped me make it through it all:

Romans 5:1-5
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

Praying your way through parenthood is the only way to find the strength that is needed in the toughest of times. I love both of my kids with everything that is in me and I am glad that I have had the opportunity to raise them. They are both very special gifts from above.

TinaW172's photo
Sat 12/15/07 07:13 AM
God I thank you for my family and especially for the healing you are doing in my daughter's life. I thank you for letting me be a mother and allowing me to raise such special gifts from you. I thank you for healing the relationship with my sister and letting us bond. I pray you would continue to touch my heart and continue to bring healing to my emotionsbrokenheart .

Amen!