Community > Posts By > Niallgk

Niallgk's photo
Sat 03/07/15 03:42 PM
Edited by Niallgk on Sat 03/07/15 04:15 PM

My apologies Conrad 73, it was Jagbird I should have directed this at. My mistake because of lack of observence as to who was posting what.

I understand your position, but I still disagree with it.., that's all..

I'm always open to... "agreeing to disagree"...

I wish that the whole world could do the same, at times..

Sorry Jagbird, I my view, that is a complete cop-out !

You have been pontificating, on the basis that you have expertise in world religions and yet, when you are challenged by someone to debate the issues, you try to shield yourself behind some "...agree to disagree...' nonsense.

As for myself, I didn't agree to disagree anything with you.

EDIT: ...but you can always ignore debate if you so wish...

Niallgk's photo
Tue 03/03/15 09:03 PM
Sorry to all for any bits of what seem like gibberish. The site seems to dislike inverted commas, at least not from a mac.

Niallgk's photo
Tue 03/03/15 08:59 PM
My apologies Conrad 73, it was Jagbird I should have directed this at. My mistake because of lack of observence as to who was posting what.

Niallgk's photo
Tue 03/03/15 08:51 PM
@ Conrad 73

Hold on a second. Are you telling me the chronology of events that I outlined in this article is factually incorrect? I spent many weeks researching this history and like any decent journalist I found many corroborating sources on which to base my premmis.

Good people, bad people are you really serious?

Also, just to disabuse you in relation to religion. This Da’esh curse has of course nothing to do with religion. It has everything to do with ideology in the first instance and of course wealth, power, hatred, manipulation, slick propaganda that would try to inflict a so-called ‘Caliphate’ on a region of the Middle East which has suffered far more than any other region on this planet within the past 50-odd years for their own gains,

This hateful ideology is the direct result of the fusion of the tenets of the lunatic that was Mahummad ibn al-Waahab and the Saudi expansionism of the late 18th century. This fascism of thought is way more extreme than anything that even the GDR or USSR came up with. Slavery, cold-blooded murder (of the most grotesque kinds), mass rape… these things do not suddenly pop up in a vacuum.

Your broad statements that religion has nothing to do with the current reality that now confronts the countries in Syria, Iraq, Libya, Nigeria and even Egypt is false in my view. Religion can and does breed ideologies. This ideology was born in what is now Saudi Arabia.

I would imagine that the poor fools or western birth who travel there to fight for what the ‘believe’ in would be bumped off quietly were the whole Da’esh’ thing to succeed.

By the way, when you accused me of bias, did you mean bias against the House of Saud?

Niallgk's photo
Sun 03/01/15 04:08 PM
May I bore you people with a bit of history. To understand ISIS (or as I prefer to call them 'Da'esh' one needs to go back to the origins of Saudi Arabia.

If you have the patience and time please read this article I wrote for an Irish blogger site called Bock The Robber.

http://bocktherobber.com/2014/10/wahhabism-and-isis-the-curse-of-the-middle-east/

Niallgk's photo
Sun 03/01/15 03:18 PM
Edited by Niallgk on Sun 03/01/15 03:19 PM
I'm surprised nobody mentioned the genius that was Django Reinhardt. He of the crippled left hand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY1oo8sJzYY

Niallgk's photo
Sat 10/29/11 06:32 PM
Hi all, just joined up here. Question: does anyone here not know this tune,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXWnA7zlGjo

2 Next