Community > Posts By > funches

no photo
Sat 02/09/13 11:42 AM

You see, this statement right here. You are trying to attack me based on something that has NOTHING to do with the topic at hand. I am sorry if I upset you, no offense was intended, but lets try to stay on topic here. This comment was utterly pointless.

my point was that you were abusing your self by using the term "overwhelming majority"....you might as well just said "more than a whole bunch" ...how would you know what an "overwhelming majority of parents agreed on" unless you're "Canank the Magnificient" and can read their minds

I asked what you what you believed...but yet you tried to avoid answering the question by including what the "overwhelming Majority" of parent believed as an attempt to give truth to your answer

so...er...why you trying to pull stuff like that on me?...How Rude

Right here, i was merely responding to your wondering "how i seemed to know what parents are thinking" (which is another desperate attempt at an attack at my credibility). Based on crime reports there was no drop or rise in violence correlating with new laws prohibiting kids from bringing guns to school. (Remember i couldn't seem to find any before 1990?) Therefore, it was either the children who were already doing the right thing, or the parents. Unless you have a counter to that.

all you are doing perhaps without realizing it, is attmepting to prove that the children are smarter than Adults when it comes to guns and that's why the children choose not to have them

I believe i mentioned earlier where this argument also has little to do with the topic area because kids do not have the same rights adults making this inapplicable in reality. It not only falls under the critical thinking fallacy of straw-man (i think that's what its called), but also falls under another fallacy (or fallacy category) of oversimplification. Therefore this question cannot be answered honestly as either answer literally puts words in my mouth that i disagree with. The question is a trap.

things happen to children the same as they happen to Adults but yet you are in here stating that children do not have the same 2nd amendment rights to protect themselves

it appears that you guys are more on Obama's side on the gun control issue then you realize ...or willing to admit

My use of the term "overwhelming" was merely to point out my hypothesis on a greater number than 51% of parents not wanting their kids to tote around loaded guns.

oh so now it's your "hypothesis" that an "overwhelming majority" of parents agree with you? ....is it also your "hypothesis that an "overwhelming Majority" of Leprechuans also agree with you? ....

those that hide behind "fantasy hypothesis" do so to give themselves "fake false evidence" ...don't "fake false evidence" sound like "overwhelming majority"?

The attempt at trying to spin my words on this is a nice try and would be called a "red herring", unless, of course, you disagree with the statement, in which case i would question what leads you to such a disbelief. In either case, you then proceed to spinning my acknowledgement on this into a personal attack on you.

Your question baits a reader into two ultimatums, #1 being that one believes that children should carry loaded guns everywhere, or you believe that gun laws curb gun violence. Then it proceeds to making you support whichever side you pick whether or not you believe in it. Critical Thinking is a class required in our school systems (in maine anyhow) and your question (or baited statement) violates logic on several counts according to the professor/textbooks. Therefore, it should not be used in a logical/productive debate.

nope, what I did was simply give you enough rope to hang yourself....in your attempt to avoid answering questions you in fact stated things that contradict your own beliefs...

I would have liked to have an intelligent, productive debate on this topic as i feel the notion of forcing further gun control is irresponsible and illogical based on statistics of gun violence.

well if you like to have an intelligent debate...then try reading up on the subject a little more, then one day you may actually be able to have that intelligent debate

It seems that the method of arguing you have fallen into involves twisting words to make people seem "hypocritical". And, as you have pointed out, you believe that a hypocritical action or statement renders all other actions or statements illogical. Fortunately, to those in a logical state of mind this strategy of yours is painfully obvious.

yep, and you want to know why?......both you and AndyBgood claim that children shouldn't have the 2nd amendment right to protect themselves the same as Adults even though both face the same dangers, but yet at the same time claim that you should have your 2nd amendment rights without restrictions because having restriction does nothing to curb gun violence.....sure seem hypocritical

Therefore, it appears that an attempt to have a productive debate here is impossible and therefore deserves no more of my attention.

"Drivinmenutz"...I'm so sorry that I couldn't give you the one-sided debate you were hopeful for

once you made the statment that perhaps it was the children which perhaps made the decision to give up their 2nd amendment rights to carry guns to school...you at that point in time proved that you were willing to say anything...even go against your own beliefs to appear "right"...er..no pun intended

no photo
Sat 02/09/13 08:45 AM

making it into a mental health issue will evolve the 2ND admendment from a "right" to bear arms into a "privilege" to bear them for an elite few

This is the most relevant point of this entire thread.

Do you think Feinstein is going to go out in public without armed security guards?

is there a reason why Feinstein would need armed guards?

Do you think those armed security guards would hesitate to shoot up a bunch of civilians if they felt her highness was in some sort "situation"?

wouldn't you expect the same from the police?

We are now being told that it is acceptable for american citizens to be assassinated based simply on what some secret cabal of appointed bureaucrats say they may do.

you actually believe that it takes a secret cabal to give the orders to assassinate an american that is overseas plotting to kill Americans?

This is a systematic dismantling of the core rights that were established to keep this kind of BS from happening.

like when the founding fathers had slaves while drafting the bill of rights?

The complete disregard for the rule of law by this rogue out of control governmental elitist apparatus is not going to stop.

last time I heard..they were pulling the troops out

Due process? screw it.. 2nd amendment? antiquated and not necessary because we would never summarily institute tyrannical policies that would endanger the rights of our peasants.

especially if they want to get re-elected

We will give our peasants just enough to allow us to be flown around the world by our elite friends so we can f**k some underage poor girls and come back to our castle without the fear of judgement.

don't worry, Chris Hanson from Dateline NBC tv program "to catch a child predator" will be hiding behind a curtain with a camera crew

Because the elite politicians know exactly what is good for their little peasant class..

and their "Super Pacs"

no photo
Sat 02/09/13 05:36 AM

I had a dream.

Bit by bit, one small thing at a time.... we can take them completely down.

laugh laugh

Jeannie, I'm sure by now "they" know everything they need to know about you.glasses

They only know what I permit them to know. :tongue:

you permit them to know every website you ever visit
you permit them to know every movie you watch on cable television
you permit them to know with bar codes every purchase you make
you permit them to know who you call on your cellphone
you permit them to know everytime you go to sleep
you permit them to know what toilet paper you use
you permit them to know that special time of the month
you permit them to know who visits you

is there anything that you don't permit them to know?

no photo
Sat 02/09/13 05:30 AM

I'm surprise she hasn't shot Brad yet

no photo
Sat 02/09/13 05:24 AM

How about a real issue instead of arguing over kids dragging guns to school...

AndyBgood...you were busted stating that no child should have the 2nd amendment right to take guns to school "PERIOD"....

and instead of admitting to your hyprocrisy, you instead try to make it go away by trying to claim that kids dragging guns to school isn't a real issue ...wow

you and others sat in this forum crying crocodile tears about how the tyrannical government is taking away your 2nd amendment Rights...but yet look how you are so easily willing to dismiss the 2nd amendment rights of children

no photo
Fri 02/08/13 12:24 PM

WOULD YOU PLEASE SHOW ME WHERE? I looked and I might be missing it so please illuminate me... you quote SO well...

heck...forget about Driveinmenutz"...perhaps you're learn more if I quote where you yourself indicated that children should not have the right to carry a gun "period"

POSTED BY andyBgood: POST 13 on this page
By all rights children have no business bringing a gun to school PERIOD!

see AndyBgood...first you claim alaskan children should carry guns to school because of Bears then you contradict yourself and claim that no children should have that right

now do you understand why you are a hypocrite and one of those fearful pu$$y liberals you're always complaining about

no photo
Fri 02/08/13 09:50 AM

if a girl comes up to you whenever she sees you, opens her mouth to say something, stops then jogs away, what does it mean-don't know her,shes in her early 30's, looks nice enough, shes done this like 3 times now

these are the options (welcome to give me better one )!

a..strike up conversation next time,but she could still run!

b....tell her to go away

c....next time she attempts to run, pin her down in a leg lock, shout whos yer daddy,and hope she doesn't scream

d....cut my losses join a monastery and find inner peace

e.....take up jogging

no photo
Fri 02/08/13 09:39 AM

How many love proposal you received.

someone told me that they like me but that they wasn't in like with me ...do that count

no photo
Fri 02/08/13 05:52 AM
Edited by funches on Fri 02/08/13 05:53 AM

And to insure I am not being a hypocrite, there are cases that will test common sense. There is no threat to our children from bears her in Los Angeles or Detroit or Miami. But Alaska, and a couple of other states do have dangerous wildlife and armed teenagers is a reality THERE! But again it is a matter of common sense and there are checks in place that prevent shootings in these rural areas. Smaller communities function differently from the Big City model!

The problem is kids going gangster with guns in schools. The problem is kids wanting to project power at such a young age. It is corruption of personal responsibility.

But then again what if a kid fears for his life enough he feels a need to defend himself? Gang violence here is a reality and they like to sneak up behind you and jab a shiv into you from behind. So please tell me again how gun control will solve anything? Maybe the system itself has lost sight of its mission in life... maybe parents are screwing up completely. Maybe too much government involvement and too much TV has turned people's brains to mud.

So there. I am not a hypocrite. What it is is you seem to be under some impression children are not responsible. or at least incapable of responsibility... How about bad parenting? By 12 a decent child is tying to do something with themselves. They are trying to discover who and what they are. But does that mean a 12 year old cannot discern right from wrong? What age are we drawing such implicit lines at? So far the youngest child to have gone on one of our shooting trips was 8 years old. Honestly the kid EARNED the trip. He really did prove himself and on the firing line he actually could handle the mouse guns we had among us. But he was clear he thought guns had no place going to school with him. That attitude contributed to him being able to go with his father and us.

Fear is SO not the answer! And so far all I see is FEAR being sold!

NOT BUYING!

again it wasn't me that stated that children shouldn't be allowed to excercise their 2nd amendment rights by taking guns to school...it was "Drivinmenutz" ...but yet you have tunnel vision and keep addressing me as if I was making the statements but amazingly haven't address the one that actually made the statements because you both believe that you are against gun restrictions...that's why you seem like a hypocrite

no photo
Thu 02/07/13 03:33 PM

What u think,what women wants??

closet space

WORD ^ this is the only worthwhile answer on here

if a guy values the woman he is with, make sure she has her own closet, the guy should "never ever" place anything of his in her closet, doing so is the equivalent of trying to steal the food from a wolf's mouth

if you can, give or build her "a walk in closet" lined with full length mirrors

if you don't like the woman you are with....place cable television and a toilet in the walk in closet and you won't see her for months

Personally; I never minded sharing my closet with a guy. I just put the extra clothes in a bin under the bed. I also don't have a lot of shoes so there is room for his as well. However if I needed or wanted a bigger closet; I would build it myself. Guess I am not your typical woman. bigsmile

perhaps being about to accomplish the feats you named is a requirement for women in the military...not sure there is much room for a walk in closet on a Nuclear Vessal

This is true about the Nuclear Vessel. We had high school lockers in our old ships and had to store 6 months of clothing. I used the little bars on the inside of the doors of the locker; ran some bungy cord through them ; rolled up my clothing, and put it behind the bungy cord. I had lots of clothes for the trip. So, who needs a walk in closet; just need to use a bit of imagination? bigsmile

ok MacGyver...oops I meant Navygirl..efficient use of space is a requirement on a ship, but do you still opt for that same type of efficency of space off the ship ..

LOL. Yeah; I guess I did use a little of the MacGyver skills for being efficient. If I had to share my closet space with someone that I was living with; I would be reasonable and share the space. I have seasonal and extra clothing packed away in my basement; I use the space saver clothing hangars; have a spare closet that I keep clothing that I don't use on a daily basis, and even have invested in portable closets to keep my uniforms

you have clothing packed away in the basement, you have a spare closet that you keep clothing in that you don't wear on a daily basis, you have also invested in portable closets.....

...er...Navygirl..er.. are you sure women don't want closet space?

You have to understand that a lot of the clothing is my military clothing which takes up three closets full; most women don't wear military uniforms. laugh And as I said; I keep clothing in bins in my basement; so of course I don't need more closet space.

so you have military clothing that fills three closets? and then you have closets for your non-miltary clothing, and you have clothing bins and you also store clothes in the basement

jeez navygirl..I'm expecting to see you in an episode of the tv series "Hoarders"

are you sure women don't want closet space?

You are too funny. Nope, not a hoarder; I just belong to three military groups and each has a set of uniforms. I am just saying not having the closet space isn't the end of the world for me and I am fine using bins to store extra gear. I have three closets in my house actually but none of them are packed and two of them are half empty as I keep one for house guests and the other is for coats when I have people over for a party. I just pack away my summer clothes in bins in the basement as I see no need to overpack my closet. My closet downstairs is for my spring coats and costumes as I have a lot of them which I plan to revamp and sell. I am far from a hoarder. LOL If I am with someone; I could make the effort to share the closet rather than dominate it. Its only fair but what the heck do I know. Maybe men want me to hoard a closet or closets to myself. laugh

Navygirl...is there a chance that you might be joining all these military groups for the uniforms so you can fill your closets...it's the same as shopping

hey I like the color on that uniform, it goes with the spit-shine on my combat boots ...I think I'll join that group

no photo
Thu 02/07/13 03:19 PM
I guess willing2 don't believe that white illegal aliens exist?

no photo
Thu 02/07/13 03:16 PM
Edited by funches on Thu 02/07/13 03:17 PM

Oh and I love how you say children choose to not have guns! Maybe the children of fearful pu$$y liberals who are too scared to put their azz where their mouths are.They have to hide behind men with uniforms and guns for that! Most kids i know WANT to get to shoot and even WANT to own their own gun. Most kids I know WANT to become adults. But what I see is Parents trying to relive their failed childhoods through their children and refuse to let them grow up. They are scared of letting their kids have responsibility

AndyBgood...it was "Drivemenutz" that made the statement about children opting on their own not to excerise their 2nd amendment rights to have guns or take them to school because of the danger of gun violence ....

oops... it appears that you and "Drivinmenutz" disagree on childen and gun control...so do that makes him one of those..er.."fearful pu$$y liberals?"

Well hey now, I just went back and reread a lot of posts. You are indeed putting words in Drivingmenutz mouth. Children are TECHNICALLY not afforded "Civil Rights" to a great degree due to them being wards of their parents. Don't beat me up over this information. I am not making this up. Find a lawyer and talk to them about it if you choose not to believe me. By all rights children have no business bringing a gun to school PERIOD! There are and ALWAYS was places people had to disarm to attend. Now a days if you are certified with the card you can carry a gun ANYWHERE YOU WANT INCLUDING SCHOOLS AND THEY CAN SUCK IT! A certified concealed carry permit is a trump card. I feel safer with a regular gun toting citizen than I do with a gun toting cop!

And just hot off the news this morning, we got a rogue cop on a cop hunt. OH YEAH! Talk your way out of that one!

but AndyBgood... you yourself was telling about how alaskan children should carry guns to school because of bears ...which means you do disagree with "Drivinmenutz" .....

rule number 1...already remember what you post

no photo
Thu 02/07/13 03:01 PM
Edited by funches on Thu 02/07/13 03:04 PM

An Indian is possibly the second or third (human) inhabitant of North America.

an inhabitant could apply to a dead body floating to the shore

so ironic how you guys avoid answering questions just like the politicians you're always in here complaining about

all those that came after the Indians would be classified as illegal aliens

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

yep willing2...to the Indians you are an illegal alien...you do know that the Cowboy Hat you are wearing is actually a Sombrero

FYI
I is a indian. 1/3 Choctaw. You is da' illegal. Git on back to yer home, now.

One of the first inhabitants to North America were the......................................................................................................................................................................Drum roll...............
I'll type slowly and with big letters so it is understood.

CLOVIS PEOPLES. That again and slower, C L O V I S P E O P L E

To them we the indians, were the Illegals.

willing2..the clovis people were Indians.....what did I tell you about posting without thinking

also if you are only 1/3 Choctaw...you're still 2/3 illegal alien

you're more illegal alien than you are Indian ..so come on willing2...stop trying to get rid of illegal aliens... some are probably your relatives

Cast of the
Kennewick Man's skull> Patrick Stewart
(Star Trek's "Captain Picard")
Spitting image of the Kennewick Man

Pre-Indian Caucasoids in America
by
Colin, Son of Þeedrich

Discoveries

On July 28,1996 Will Thomas and Dave Deacy found a skeleton, later to be called the Kennewick Man, on the banks of the Columbia River in Washington State. They called the Benton County coroner's office, which then turned it over to Dr. Jim Chatters, a professor at Central Washington University, owner of Applied Paleoscience in Richland, Washington, and a local specialist in ancient bones who also happens to be married to an Indian woman. Immediately Dr. Chatters recognized the skull as Caucasoid and at first thought it might be that of an early 19th-century White pioneer, so he sent samples of the bones to an appropriate laboratory to be dated. Through advanced methods in radio carbon dating the Kennewick Man was found to be about 9,300 years old. The remains are the best preserved and fullest skeleton of the seven similar ones that have been discovered in North America. After many anthropologists and other scientists did further testing on these skeletons, they found out that, in one way or another, they all had Caucasoid features.1 Since 1938 archeologists throughout Western North America have been digging up artifacts from the later glacial era (approximately fourteen thousand to ten thousand years ago). Most of the skeletons and artifacts were found in the west; because the Eastern side of the continent is much more humid and acidic, which makes the long-term preservation of bones unlikely. The traits of most of these ancient artifacts differ from those of the artifacts we find in "Native American" cultures.

willing2...Kennewick Man were here supposedly 9,300 years ago ..Clovis people were supposedly here 11,300 years ...Kennewick Man is an illegal alien .....

you're 2/3 illegal alien....accept it and stop trying to get rid of your illegal alien relatives

also Captain Picard in Star Trek is supposedly French ..he's an illegal alien too

no photo
Thu 02/07/13 02:53 PM

What u think,what women wants??

closet space

WORD ^ this is the only worthwhile answer on here

if a guy values the woman he is with, make sure she has her own closet, the guy should "never ever" place anything of his in her closet, doing so is the equivalent of trying to steal the food from a wolf's mouth

if you can, give or build her "a walk in closet" lined with full length mirrors

if you don't like the woman you are with....place cable television and a toilet in the walk in closet and you won't see her for months

Personally; I never minded sharing my closet with a guy. I just put the extra clothes in a bin under the bed. I also don't have a lot of shoes so there is room for his as well. However if I needed or wanted a bigger closet; I would build it myself. Guess I am not your typical woman. bigsmile

perhaps being about to accomplish the feats you named is a requirement for women in the military...not sure there is much room for a walk in closet on a Nuclear Vessal

This is true about the Nuclear Vessel. We had high school lockers in our old ships and had to store 6 months of clothing. I used the little bars on the inside of the doors of the locker; ran some bungy cord through them ; rolled up my clothing, and put it behind the bungy cord. I had lots of clothes for the trip. So, who needs a walk in closet; just need to use a bit of imagination? bigsmile

ok MacGyver...oops I meant Navygirl..efficient use of space is a requirement on a ship, but do you still opt for that same type of efficency of space off the ship ..

LOL. Yeah; I guess I did use a little of the MacGyver skills for being efficient. If I had to share my closet space with someone that I was living with; I would be reasonable and share the space. I have seasonal and extra clothing packed away in my basement; I use the space saver clothing hangars; have a spare closet that I keep clothing that I don't use on a daily basis, and even have invested in portable closets to keep my uniforms

you have clothing packed away in the basement, you have a spare closet that you keep clothing in that you don't wear on a daily basis, you have also invested in portable closets.....

...er...Navygirl..er.. are you sure women don't want closet space?

You have to understand that a lot of the clothing is my military clothing which takes up three closets full; most women don't wear military uniforms. laugh And as I said; I keep clothing in bins in my basement; so of course I don't need more closet space.

so you have military clothing that fills three closets? and then you have closets for your non-miltary clothing, and you have clothing bins and you also store clothes in the basement

jeez navygirl..I'm expecting to see you in an episode of the tv series "Hoarders"

are you sure women don't want closet space?

no photo
Thu 02/07/13 02:38 PM

so ironic how you guys avoid answering questions just like the politicians you're always in here complaining about

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

yep willing2...to the Indians you are an illegal alien...you do know that the Cowboy Hat you are wearing is actually a Sombrero

FYI
I is a indian. 1/3 Choctaw. You is da' illegal. Git on back to yer home, now.

One of the first inhabitants to North America were the......................................................................................................................................................................Drum roll...............
I'll type slowly and with big letters so it is understood.

CLOVIS PEOPLES. That again and slower, C L O V I S P E O P L E

To them we the indians, were the Illegals.

willing2..the clovis people were Indians.....what did I tell you about posting without thinking

also if you are only 1/3 Choctaw...you're still 2/3 illegal alien

you're more illegal alien than you are Indian ..so come on willing2...stop trying to get rid of illegal aliens... some are probably your relatives

no photo
Thu 02/07/13 02:16 PM

pull out a cross and sprinkle some holy water on her...she might be a Succubus

n she will turn into angel.

isn't Satan an angel

no photo
Thu 02/07/13 12:32 PM

Whats an Indian?

Whats a country before someone draws a map and gives it a name?

If you had 100 million people living on a single continent and none of them calling themselves other than human what then?

You guys could sit here and revisit ancient history with specifics, or you could just keep generalizing vague terms with little meaning over large spans of time and about groups of humans with little actual differences.

The thing is neither is really going to prove anything.

Bushidobillyclub....oh so now you don't know what an Indian is?..you never watched a second of American Television with Indians...

you went thought the entire school system never learning what an Indian was....

you never pick up or read a book that mention anything about Indians,

you have the entire wealth of man's knowledge (supposedly) on The Internet at your fingertips but yet you're confused to or never heard of an Indian

and you guys wondering what's wrong with America ....apparently it's the public school system
You missed my point. Unsurprising.

Bushidobillyclub...I'm pretty sure the Indians miss your point to....I'm pretty sure they know what an Indian is even if you play like you don't

no photo
Thu 02/07/13 12:27 PM

no photo
Thu 02/07/13 10:55 AM
Edited by funches on Thu 02/07/13 11:07 AM

Oh and I love how you say children choose to not have guns! Maybe the children of fearful pu$$y liberals who are too scared to put their azz where their mouths are.They have to hide behind men with uniforms and guns for that! Most kids i know WANT to get to shoot and even WANT to own their own gun. Most kids I know WANT to become adults. But what I see is Parents trying to relive their failed childhoods through their children and refuse to let them grow up. They are scared of letting their kids have responsibility

AndyBgood...it was "Drivemenutz" that made the statement about children opting on their own not to excerise their 2nd amendment rights to have guns or take them to school because of the danger of gun violence ....

oops... it appears that you and "Drivinmenutz" disagree on childen and gun control...so do that makes him one of those..er.."fearful pu$$y liberals?"

no photo
Thu 02/07/13 10:15 AM
pull out a cross and sprinkle some holy water on her...she might be a Succubus

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25