Community > Posts By > Mary

Mary's photo
Mon 06/28/21 12:43 AM
I rarely have a man send me a message. I often wonder, why are they even here?

Mary's photo
Sun 04/11/21 12:33 AM
Is anyone familiar with the Russian folk group, Otava Yo. Since I discovered them a year and a half ago, they are my favorite band. Sometimes just sit and listen, sometimes put the music on for background while I'm busy around the house.

Mary's photo
Fri 03/12/21 01:53 AM
I'm from a different era and like a different type of music. I recognize most of the names mentioned, but I honestly don't know who some of them are.

Mary's photo
Wed 02/17/21 10:43 PM
Looking for a real mature woman...just looked at your age. Seems to me what you're seeking is a sugar mama.

Mary's photo
Wed 02/17/21 10:25 PM
Hi, Rob!

Mary's photo
Wed 02/17/21 12:18 AM
You do know that age and maturity are two different things, don't you? I've known people who are 30 years old that were a lot more mature than some 80 year olds.

Mary's photo
Tue 02/09/21 01:22 AM
I just looked at your profile and sent you a note.

Mary's photo
Fri 04/10/20 02:59 AM
I haven't been in for a while, but one posting I made was about a new fur person who came to live with me. Her name was Koshka. She developed a feeding and breathing problem. April 1 I took her to the vet, expecting to get some tests and antibiotics. It turned out her problem was critical and the decision had to be made to put her down. Her forever was very short, but at least her life ended in her forever home.

Mary's photo
Sun 02/09/20 11:27 PM
I'm from Oregon.

Mary's photo
Sun 12/15/19 01:04 AM
I think you should post a better picture. One that was taken by a friend, not something posed and touched up. The one you have now...I've seen Barbie dolls that looked more life like. Sorry...you asked.

Mary's photo
Tue 12/10/19 01:25 AM
I was just wondering why don't they contact each other.

Mary's photo
Sat 11/23/19 08:08 PM
I adore Maeve Binchy. I have all of her books and have read them many times. I miss not seeing new ones from her advertised on Amazon.

I have many other favorite authors...I'm a voracious reader. Not going to list all of them here, but I read a lot and I read a variety of things.

Mary's photo
Thu 11/14/19 10:53 PM
I've been sleeping on a waterbed since 1972. Super comfortable, makes my back not hurt. Inexpensive. The nice thing about a waterbed, if the bed isn't firm enough, add water. Too firm, take out some water. When I travel or visit relatives, don't sleep well. Some of those places have really nice, very expensive mattresses, but they don't provide the comfort you get with a water bed.

Mary's photo
Tue 11/05/19 01:18 AM
The only thing I can suggest is to make sure when you contact someone you meet the criteria they've listed. Make sure you have something in common if possible.

Mary's photo
Sun 10/20/19 01:22 AM
I don't hate dogs, but I don't like them. That's why I don't have one for a pet.

Mary's photo
Tue 10/15/19 10:25 PM
I do that so often my block finger is about worn out. I just wander about the "logic" behind the comment.

Mary's photo
Tue 10/15/19 08:07 PM
Why do men, who are way out of my age range, feel that explaining to me that "age is just a number", will clear the way for them? I have reasons for wanting people to be close to my age. I'm not interested in raising more children.

Mary's photo
Sun 10/13/19 02:13 AM

The worst pain I ever experienced was when I was getting a blood transfusion.

It was like constant electric shocks in my arm. Excruciating and no other pain like it.
They should've tried a different vein. There was a nerve right there. (I've had phlebotomy training.)

I was too weak to do much about it but I did tell the nurses it was very sore but they only gave me an ice pack! It took a long while to get over that experience. I cried every time they adjusted the drip flow because the pain just intensified.
If you ever need a transfusion again, make sure the phlebotomist knows you have a nerve near that vein. Threaten to take the needle and shove it into something of theirs that would be very painful if they try to push the issue.

Mary's photo
Sun 10/13/19 02:02 AM

The worst pain I ever experienced was when I was getting a blood transfusion.

It was like constant electric shocks in my arm. Excruciating and no other pain like it.
They should've tried a different vein. There was a nerve right there. (I've had phlebotomy training.)

Mary's photo
Sun 10/13/19 01:41 AM
I have fibromyalgia, chronic arthritic condition in my hips, but worst pain I ever experienced was when I woke up during kidney surgery. Now...that really hurt!