Community > Posts By > Spike3007

Spike3007's photo
Mon 12/31/07 06:16 PM
Thank you, the sourceforge.net link worked. Sadly it's the full cd on one track. Either way thank you everyone.

Spike3007's photo
Mon 12/31/07 05:49 PM

you are just half a retard.........

Can you be more constructive with your criticism please.

Spike3007's photo
Mon 12/31/07 05:44 PM
I just downloaded a torrent for the OST for Paprika... And yeah, I don't know what the hell I got, I got two JPEG images for the CD cover and insert a TXT file and CUE files and a FLAC file. The FLAC is like 292,934 kb so I believe that has the music on it, but what do I do to get the music off the file... This is the first time I've ever seen this file type so I apologize in advance if I'm completely retarded.

Spike3007's photo
Mon 12/31/07 12:15 PM

I would like to see a game implement multiple instanced worlds and disappearing/reappearing NPCs. Once you have completed a quest and the NPC has supposedly left...you should no longer be able to see or interact with the NPC. Once some big change is supposed to have happened in the game world (due to a quest you have finished), the world should be different. Have stacks of the zones, one for each stage of the games progression. This interfers with static end game content, but workarounds can be devised. Did you just wipe out the cave of dragons? A tribe of Ogres has moved into the caves. etc etc etc Eventually, the quest would wrap back around, but it would guarantee more realism and make the world much more dynamic.

You can see the issue with this I hope. Such a thing might work for a linear rpg but for an mmo? Your character would then have to be separated from people who haven't completed said quest, How would it work if you entered the cave but for you, you fight ogres and they fight dragons? Paradox much? This I think would take away from the mmo qualities. I understand what your getting at, but layering the game like that would be insane lol.

EQ2, GuildWars, Pirates of the Carribean and others allow players to cross instances (or servers in some cases) to play with friends. If a friend is trying to finish a quest that you have already finished, you could move back to their version of the world to complete the quest. No problem really. If they see Dragons, you see dragons. If the quest giver is standing on a hill for them, the quest giver is there for you too. What this would allow would be for high level players to get more use out of the world. Zones could level up, so that Newbie zones could be invaded by mobs of a similar level to the PC, without slaughtering all the little newbies.

Well I will be testing Guild Wars soon, guess taking something like that into account wouldn't be a bad idea. Would it just make you zone to the area with like monsters while the people still on the easier form would be a layer below you so say if your on quest version 2 you wouldn't see people on quest version 1?

Spike3007's photo
Mon 12/31/07 12:12 PM

Guild Wars....WoW is just a big cartoon.

Seriously, what were they thinking using the Warcraft 3 Engine? Warcraft 2 was the best in that series. I've been meaning to try Guild Wars, how does it compare to everything else out there?

Spike3007's photo
Mon 12/31/07 12:03 PM

I would like to see a game implement multiple instanced worlds and disappearing/reappearing NPCs. Once you have completed a quest and the NPC has supposedly left...you should no longer be able to see or interact with the NPC. Once some big change is supposed to have happened in the game world (due to a quest you have finished), the world should be different. Have stacks of the zones, one for each stage of the games progression. This interfers with static end game content, but workarounds can be devised. Did you just wipe out the cave of dragons? A tribe of Ogres has moved into the caves. etc etc etc Eventually, the quest would wrap back around, but it would guarantee more realism and make the world much more dynamic.

You can see the issue with this I hope. Such a thing might work for a linear rpg but for an mmo? Your character would then have to be separated from people who haven't completed said quest, How would it work if you entered the cave but for you, you fight ogres and they fight dragons? Paradox much? This I think would take away from the mmo qualities. I understand what your getting at, but layering the game like that would be insane lol.

Spike3007's photo
Mon 12/31/07 11:58 AM
Bleach is good. I happen to like Naruto, but yeah not everyone does. Check out http://myanimelist.net It helps to find new stuff you might like.

Spike3007's photo
Mon 12/31/07 09:10 AM
Edited by Spike3007 on Mon 12/31/07 09:14 AM
In all actuality from what I learned while playing WoW it's all quest based, which was boring... As for the MMO points, no one ever talked to me, and no one ever partied... It was lame. (FFXI was better and even that sucked, waiting hours on end to get a party together) Finding the glitches was fun though :P

FFXI, WoW, DAoC, Graal, Ragnarok (both pay and a few pirate servers), Ragnarok 2, Zero Online, Silk Road Online, Maple Story, Some other random free ones, and this doesn't include non MMO online games like Diablo.

Last one I was playing was Zero, giant robots in space ftw. It was fun but basically the same story as any MMO (at least it's free). I've kinda given up for the time being, but when something quality new comes out I'm willing to try it.

Edit: I'm actually designing an MMO. Mainly because whats out there all feels half assed and not worth the money being put in. It's all just made to get your money. It should feel as if you've entered another world, fighting being a part of it but not the whole game.

Spike3007's photo
Mon 12/31/07 08:56 AM
Yosh! lol I <3 Anime.