Community > Posts By > Abby678

no photo
Wed 10/05/11 06:17 AM
I've heard a similar take on this before…but not exactly. I'm going have to read it again with this in mind, which is fine as it's my favorite book. I’ve been convinced that this was a song taken from the correspondence between Solomon and the Queen of Sheba for a long time now. I do believe that the Queen of Sheba was black and was also the Queen of Ethiopia. I could not begin to tell you where I adopted this way of thinking, as I’ve thought it since grade school.

Jews in Ethiopia does not surprise me at all as I’m very interested in the Lemba tribe of Southern Africa who are thought by some to be the lost tribe of Israel. In fact recent DNA tests have confirmed the Y chromosome pattern of many of the Lemba people are the same patterns found in the Jewish priesthood…which proves without doubt their bloodlines came out of Israel, as their own oral history of their tribe and origins states. NOVA has done a documentary on the subject, which I am dying to see.

The Tanakh is the entire Jewish Bible compiled by the Jewish canon around 200 AD or later. It is made up of three parts, the Torah (the first 5 books), the Nevi’im (8 books of the 12 apostles) and the Ketuvim (all the remaining books and the 5 scrolls). Essentially, Tanakh was the name of the first Old Testament…the original

no photo
Tue 10/04/11 05:19 PM
Edited by Abby678 on Tue 10/04/11 06:05 PM
AndyBgood,

Thank you for the reply. I've met too many who don’t understand that the Od Testiment is in every aspect the Tanakh. Happy to know there are still some who get that.

What of the stanzas such as, “Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth…,” and, “As the apple tree among the apples…so is my beloved among the sons…” Do you think these are replies to his statements?
In fact "The Song Of Solomon" seems to me to begin with a message to Solomon.

Something that’s always been on my mind about the references to the “daughters of Jerusalem,” is that a great many of Solomon’s wives and concubines were foreign born women. I’m curious if you have any ideas on that?

no photo
Tue 10/04/11 08:37 AM
Edited by Abby678 on Tue 10/04/11 08:49 AM
There has been much debate as to the context in which this book was written. Over the years, I've read just about everything the "experts" have to say...what do you say?

Who do you believe the "rose of Sharon and the lily of the valleys" was?

Do you believe it to be an alligorical depiction of GOD's love for Isreal? Or something more earthly and personal?

What is your personal feeling of this scripture?

My personal opinion is that this is not alligorical as many believe, but a poetic communication between Solomon and the Queen of Sheba...who I agree with some others to have probably been black.

no photo
Tue 10/04/11 08:27 AM
Thank you for the welcome. I hope to see you in the forums.

no photo
Mon 10/03/11 03:57 PM
Hello. I don't have much written in my profile yet, but am here more for the forums really. I was told that this site has a great forum and nice people.

1 2 3 5 Next