Community > Posts By > SpaceCodet

SpaceCodet's photo
Thu 01/23/20 12:07 AM
Autism is a birth defect not from poisoning yourself with drinking or eating to much of one kind of thing.

1 Tea Bag makes 1 pint of tea.
You steep the tea bag in boiled water for 8-10 minutes.
You can also put the water in a glass with a tea bag in the direct sunlight for a couple of hours to make what's called sun tea. Summer is the best time to use the suntea method.

SpaceCodet's photo
Mon 01/20/20 08:35 AM
Edited by SpaceCodet on Mon 01/20/20 08:37 AM
"The reason most people fail instead of succeed is they trade what they want most for what they want at the moment."

NAPOLEON BONAPARTE

SpaceCodet's photo
Sun 01/19/20 09:26 AM
A cat
Ate a rat
All on a summer's day

He sat down
Ran around
Then he ran away

Because there was
No more rats to eat that day

So does my poem meet your discerning taste of excellence?

SpaceCodet's photo
Sat 01/18/20 12:46 PM
Just sounds like you're butt hurt to me.

SpaceCodet's photo
Fri 01/17/20 09:51 PM
That's nice.

SpaceCodet's photo
Fri 01/17/20 09:39 PM
Don't remember.

SpaceCodet's photo
Fri 01/17/20 09:35 PM
Edited by SpaceCodet on Fri 01/17/20 09:37 PM
You mean honest to a fault with a dry-black-mocking humor? Yeah, that's me. Although I do tend to utilize language slightly different depending on whom I'm talking with.

SpaceCodet's photo
Fri 01/17/20 06:29 PM
https://youtu.be/7BKKaKT_dtM

Bay City Rollers - Saturday Night

SpaceCodet's photo
Thu 01/16/20 02:24 PM

#WestVirginia Invites #Virginia 2A Counties to Join The Mountain State

https://www.dcclothesline.com/2020/01/15/west-virginia-invites-virginia-2a-counties-to-join-the-mountain-state/

Fun times for all.

SpaceCodet's photo
Thu 01/16/20 12:54 PM
VIRGINIA

Gun Control Battle Deepens as Legislation Advances in Virginia

As 4 bills progress along party lines in Virginia legislature, 2nd Amendment sanctuary movement gains momentum

BOWEN XIAO

RICHMOND, Va.—Hundreds of Second Amendment advocates converged on Virginia’s state capital on Jan. 13 to oppose a slew of tighter gun control proposals being voted on by newly elected state lawmakers.

The long line of Virginia residents— many wearing bright “Guns Save Lives” stickers—showed up before 8 a.m. in a show of support for their constitutional rights that they say are being infringed upon. Some gun control advocates attended as well, holding signs with slogans such as “sensible gun laws equal less gun violence.”

The rallying crowds did little to stop four gun control measures from advancing in the state’s Democratic-led General Assembly after approval by the Senate Judiciary Committee. The committee passed legislation for universal background checks, a measure allowing localities to ban weapons from some events and government buildings, a “red flag” bill allowing authorities to temporarily confiscate guns from certain individuals deemed a risk, and a law that limits the purchase

of handguns to only one per month.

In interviews with The Epoch Times, Second Amendment advocates, including local residents, county sheriffs, gun store owners, and Virginia’s NRA leader, argued that the proposed gun control measures were an overreach that violated residents’ constitutional rights. They said stricter legislation will do nothing to stop criminals from committing crimes and said the focus should be more on mental health.

Continued on A4

One proposed measure (SB-16) that had sparked the most controversy was taken off the table.

Second Amendment advocates attend a hearing at the Virginia State Capitol, where four gun control bills were passed by the state’s Senate Judiciary Committee, on Jan. 13, 2020.

SAMIRA BOUAOU/THE EPOCH TIMES

Matthew Thwing, 41, small-business owner in Virginia, lines up to attend a hearing on gun control bills, at the Virginia State Capitol in Richmond, Va., on Jan. 13, 2020.

SAMIRA BOUAOU/THE EPOCH T

SpaceCodet's photo
Thu 01/16/20 11:59 AM
Gun Control Battle Deepens as Legislation Advances in Virginia

CONTINUED FROM A1

The four bills now advance to the Virginia Senate for further discussion. They would need to be passed by the Senate and the House of Delegates, and be signed by Gov. Ralph Northam (D) to become law.

Democrats won control of both chambers of the state legislature in the November 2019 elections and have vowed to enact stronger gun control policies. They believe stricter legislation will help reduce shootings and deaths and would “break the cycle” of gun violence.

The committee ended up largely voting along party lines, but not every piece of legislation was approved. One proposed measure (SB-16) that sparked the most controversy— banning the sale and possession of so-called assault weapons—was taken off the table. According to The Associated Press, an estimated 8 million AR-style guns have been sold since their introduction to the public in the 1960s.

Matthew Thwing, a 41-year-old smallbusiness owner in Virginia, said he attended the hearing to have his voice heard and to show that he and the other “nearly 1,000” Second Amendment advocates weren’t going to stand for the new agenda pushed by state lawmakers. An additional overflow room had to be opened during the hearing because of the large numbers.

“I think that if there’s a mandate in Virginia, it’s that they don’t want gun control. We don’t want gun control,” he told The Epoch Times. “These numbers are tremendous, and you really don’t see that kind of turnout for any kind of political event whatsoever.

“It’s woken a sleeping giant, if you will,” Thwing added. Some of the Second Amendment supporters took the day off work to attend, while others drove from hours away.

The number of Second Amendment supporters who showed up wasn’t surprising, Matt Rogers, chief of staff to Sen. David W. Marsden (D-Fairfax), said before the hearing. Marsden represents the 37th District in the state Senate.

“There are people here on this side, and on that side,” Rogers told The Epoch Times. “I’m absolutely not surprised, its a democracy. It’s not a problem, and it’s actually exciting, even if people don’t tend to agree with our point of view ... this is the right way to address their grievances.”

Rogers said they have to “be mindful” of the Second Amendment, but he added thattherearethingsthatcanbedone“within the bounds” of it.

Daniel Spiker, state director at the National Rifle Association (NRA), expressed disappointment following the results of the committee hearing. He predicted the fight for Second Amendment rights will be a very long and drawn-out one.

“SB-16 being stricken from the record is an indication that the governor and some of the Democrats have seen that they’ve overreached andthatthesebillshaveunintended consequences,” he told The Epoch Times.

“We’re encouraged by it. But at the end of the day, it’s still multiple levels of new regulation and new laws imposed on lawabiding citizens,” he said.

State lawmakers have less than 60 days to get all the bills to become law. Spiker said that the result of the NRA’s rallying call for citizens to flock to the state capitol “far exceeded their expectations of what the turnout was going to be.”

“It’s indicative of what this movement is and the enthusiasm we’re seeing at the local level with engaging their board of supervisors, their city councils,” Spiker said. “Our hope was for that enthusiasm to come to Richmond.”

The ‘Second Amendment Sanctuary’ Movement

On Jan. 7, the city council in Virginia Beach enacted legislation in a 6 to 4 vote to declare the state’s largest city a “Second Amendment constitutional city.” In that vote, local residents crowded the building to have their

voicesheard,withanoverflowcrowdoutside watching the proceedings on a TV screen.

Officials who have adopted such sanctuary resolutions or amendments generally state that they won’t follow new gun laws they believe are unconstitutional. Local officials whovotedfortheircountiestobecome Second Amendment sanctuaries told The EpochTimesthemeasurestheypassedwere largely symbolic and were made to send a message to lawmakers. They said that any state laws enacted would still supersede any local legislation.

Following the Senate committee hearing, a county sheriff said he wasn’t surprised by the committee’s action, and that he was disappointed he couldn’t speak for longer. He said the committee had “their minds made up” and “didn’t want to hear any input,” adding that it could affect their seats in the next election.

“I thank them for starting down this road for one reason—it’s going to flip Virginia back red in so many ways they don’t expect,” Culpeper County Sheriff Scott Jenkins told The Epoch Times. “Elections have consequences.”

Jenkins said the strong push for tighter gun control has “awakened a population in the state that has long been quiet.”

“And that doesn’t account for the court battles that are coming, because there are plenty of us willing to battle this out in the court the right way, as well,” he added.

Jenkins has gone further than others, saying he would “deputize citizens” as auxiliary deputies, if needed, to protect the constitutional right to bear firearms. In early December, Culpeper County’s Board of Supervisors voted 7 to 0 to affirm itself as a “constitutional county,” prompting a standing ovation by residents who were present for the vote.

Northam and other Democratic lawmakers in the state, meanwhile, have credited their focus on gun control for helping them win full control of the General Assembly for the first time in more than two decades, according to The Associated Press.

Virginia, especially, has become the center of the gun debate, with 91 of the state’s 95 counties passing some sort of measure affirming their support for Second Amendment rights. A number of municipalities in Virginia have also become sanctuaries.

Hundreds of local counties, cities, and towns across America are declaring themselves “Second Amendment sanctuaries” or “constitutional counties” as part of an expandingmovementoverthepastfewyears. In Illinois, at least 70 of the 102 counties in the state have passed some form of sanctuary resolution.

Paul Moog, who works with the Virginia Citizens Defense League, a nonprofit grassroots organization whose goal is to advance the rights of Virginians to keep and bear arms, said he was very much in favor of the Second Amendment sanctuary movement.

“[We] helped put them in through Orange County,” he said. “I’ve been to several other meetings, and I think it’s a great movement that will help defuse some of the tension.”

The Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution was passed by Congress on Sept. 25, 1789, and was ratified on Dec. 15, 1791. The text reads that “a well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

Moogclaimsthattheproposedguncontrol agenda could cause a bigger fight to break out within the state.

“I think that the Democrats are very close to pushing civil war in Virginia,” Moog said. “If you try to turn your opposition into criminals, people have a tendency to want to fight back.”

The sanctuary movement is helping to take the heat off the anger people are feeling, because it’s making them “feel more secure” according to Moog. “I think we’re in a very touchy situation,”

he said.

In a sign of tensions boiling over, Marsden last week called Second Amendment supporters “little kids” who should be ignored, according to a news post by the Fairfax County Republican Committee.

In an interview with radio station WMAL, co-host Mary Walter read from an email that Marsden had reportedly written to a constituent, where he had said that “too many of your members and other 2A supporters appear to have mental health issues.”

Marsden later defended his remarks and cited offensive emails and phone calls he claimedhereceivedfromsomeconstituents.

In response to the rising number of Second Amendment sanctuaries, a U.S. House Democrat recently floated the idea that Northam could direct the state’s National Guard to help enforce the proposed gun

It’s woken a sleeping giant if you will.

Matthew Thwing, business owner

Second Amendment advocates attend a hearing where four gun control bills passed the Senate Judiciary Committee at the Virginia State Capitol in Richmond on Jan. 13, 2020.

Sheriffs attend a hearing where four gun control bills passed the Senate Judiciary Committee at the Virginia State Capitol on Jan.

13, 2020.

Second Amendment advocates shake hands with Culpeper County Sheriff Scott Jenkins (L) after a hearing where four gun control bills passed the Senate Judiciary Committee at the Virginia State Capitol on Jan.

13, 2020.

SpaceCodet's photo
Thu 01/16/20 10:13 AM
In Virginia the governing party has past gun control laws that will allow citizens' firearms to be seized. People are hopping mad about this.

In response to the rising number of Second Amendment sanctuaries, a U.S. House Democrat recently floated the idea that Northam could direct the state’s National Guard to help enforce the proposed gun laws.

Yes, everyone who joins the Guard must decide if they'll kill their friends, family and neighbors. The Guard has been use and been put in situations where they had to make this call. In the past Guard members did kill a lot of people at the orders of corrupt politicians and in justifiable actions.

Guess we'll know soon enough.

SpaceCodet's photo
Thu 01/16/20 06:05 AM

This is the answer!

http://youtu.be/3nEeoXS18Ww

You are most likely correct laugh

I'm glad that someone understands me. :wink:

SpaceCodet's photo
Thu 01/16/20 01:11 AM
This is the answer!

https://youtu.be/3nEeoXS18Ww

SpaceCodet's photo
Thu 01/16/20 12:56 AM
Is it me or does everyone who claim they want the truth and no games are all about that? The only reason I stay on this site is for something to do. I already know I have a snowball's chance in hell of finding some women that isn't a lier and doesn't play games.

SpaceCodet's photo
Thu 01/16/20 12:11 AM
Edited by SpaceCodet on Thu 01/16/20 12:16 AM
Tom,

Things like the Space Age are just headlines. Lots of other stuff are ads to get investors. Like I mentioned the Renaissance is know for ideas, the Industrial Age is known for production, the machine Age is known for movement and the Electronics Age is about information transfer. A rocket ship that landed on the moon is just a machine.

Moving faster, more efficiently and with large tonnage of goods/people/whatever. 1881-1980 we went from clippers to cargo vessels. When my grandfather was a kid the big to do was watching the sailing ships come up the Hudson River as they had a picnic. When he died the big thing was watching the new tv show. He went from mainly horse-n-buggy travel that would take hours to automobiles that took minutes traveling the same distance.

Reading through your posts made me reconsider my thoughts about a guess for the next Age. Energy seems like it's a good bet. Since there's major depletion of resources going on it would be logical. Of cause I believe lots of these geniuses are doing more harm than good in the pursuit of creation and efficiency of it.

SpaceCodet's photo
Wed 01/15/20 08:42 AM
Every hundred years the world changes and has a driving technology or innovation which it's known for. 81-80 is the time period that is the span. The thing it's known for tends to start in around fifty years being created. Lots of people call the age we're in that started in 1981-2080 the "information age". It's actually the "Electronics Age" since electronics is what's driving the world. Without the gizmos and other things like computer chips there wouldn't be the internet to share data.

In the Renaissance they went back and re-introduced old tech/ideas modernizing it for their time. After that in the Industrial Age they made factories and other such shops more productive. Having people in the same area and better tooling increased efficiency greatly which allowed for the tech advance we call Mass Production. In the Machine Age transportation and other things became faster along with other movement. A few may claim the best thing to come from the Electronics Age is video games.

Right now Gene Tech and Artificial Intelligence are the big two that pop up. These just seem like red herrings when it comes to the future. These two things have been running throughout history from probably someone got the idea they could be a demigod. Breeding people like livestock/cross pollination/splicing or making automatons has been in recorded history forever. It's all just being done with new tech.

So what do you think is the next Age? I haven't noticed anything major popping up yet. Or maybe the speculations of we're going into another Dark Age again is true.

SpaceCodet's photo
Tue 01/14/20 04:19 AM
One again, "Welcome to the Tech Age".

https://youtu.be/zKkdgnDu3MA

Since the Electronics Age began in 1981 the world has been changing for the worst some believe. Cyberpunk (dystopian future genre) has predicted such a state of the world. That production is the destruction of society or the degradation of a decentent society. Social erosion has reached a point where it's breaking. Once something is destroyed it's gone forever.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2015/09/16/sexbots-why-women-should-panic/

At this point it's only a curriousaty to me. Almost at the point I have zero sh'ts to give and ready to say, "Choke on it". Don't have much life left to live and only an obligation to my parents as an executor of their Wills. Then whatever else happens happens.

I've come across quite a few things about women being obsolete and other such things. There's things like paying married couples to have children in Japan along with speculation about the Unite States focing Common Law marriage at a shorter time window. Could be they do some other kind of stop gap on this situation that no one thought of yet.

Around 85% of the women in the world are feminists nowaday (although most all of them are trying to pretend they aren't. A leopard can't change it's spots) they'll probably bring back the laws where male family members have to look after them. This event of women growing old and alone is going to speed up in the next ten years. It's going to be interesting to see how it unfolds.

SpaceCodet's photo
Mon 01/13/20 03:55 AM
"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."

CONFUCIUS

SpaceCodet's photo
Fri 01/10/20 01:21 PM
Send me an angel - Real Life

https://youtu.be/alT2LjyMiTE