Community > Posts By > Journeyof1

Journeyof1's photo
Sun 09/07/08 11:40 PM
Hey there, still up here... think sleep is highly over-rated...:)... oh well...

Journeyof1's photo
Mon 04/28/08 04:33 PM
Lisa,

Sorry we didn't catch up at Electric Cowboy. I had sent you my contact info, i.e. phone numbers, but I'm sure you have been as busy as I have been. Summer months are here and there are so many more things going on. Went to two events last weekend, the group went to Nakato's for dinner... we had about 18 there, 5 girls and 13 guys...:)... Oh well, a little off there, then the group went to Key Largo... I made dinner at Nakato's but not Key Largo. Then Saturday we all went to a Parrot Head party, it was in a barn, had a bonfire, and a live band, Vince Vaughn. Was fun. Next weekend, Friday is Trolley's at 8 and Saturday is the Cinco de Mayo party at Key Largo... I have the grandkids for the weekend, might make Trolleys but won't be there for Key Largo. Another group is meeting at Bailey's at 6 on friday then doing the Art Walk downtown. Then Artsfest is next weekend also. Just too many choices, but at least there is a choice. I could just sit at home... :).... not! Have fun and I hope you get to go to some of them.

Journeyof1's photo
Fri 04/11/08 11:50 PM
happy Cartoons was great! M-Dock did a wonderful job, as they always do and even though the party moved indoors, everyone had a really good time.

Lisa, Electric Cowboy is where we are all heading next weekend. I'm really looking forward to it, already! Let me know if you are going! drinker

Journeyof1's photo
Sun 04/06/08 12:58 PM

I found out today, That my Grandma has cancer, and not just a little bit... But through all of her major internal organs. Im pretty much devastated. Any one able to relate?

Sweetie, I'm so sorry. Cancer is something that touches so many lives. I lost my grandfather to it many years ago, prostrate cancer that went to his bones. My sister and mom both died in 1999. Lisa had fought it, breast cancer, for several years... when it finally manifested itself in her lungs. Mom didn't even know she had it until it was too late, lung cancer for her. Nothing anyone can say will make it better, just know that we are praying for you. Something that has helped me, to get involved... the Relay for Life for the American Cancer Society... Light the Night and Team in Training for the Leukemia/Lymphoma Society... there are many charities out there directly linked to cancer and cancer research. It helps you to know you are doing something to help others. That may not be your thing... and that is fine. We are all different. It did help me, to think I was doing something, anything, to help others in the same circumstances.

Just take care, spend as much time as you can with your grandma. She knows you love her and care. Cherish the moments.

Journeyof1's photo
Sat 04/05/08 01:21 PM

is this a aarp before seniors moment?

laugh laugh laugh It just might be... but all is good. Good afternoon from Missouri!

Journeyof1's photo
Tue 04/01/08 01:54 PM
Edited by Journeyof1 on Tue 04/01/08 01:55 PM
flowerforyou Hey there, have another get together happening on April 11th. Here is what was sent to me.

"Host: Club Springfield
1614 S Glenstone Ave, Springfield, MO 65804 US
When: Friday, April 11, 7:30PM
MDock is playing @ Cartoon's on Fri. Apr 11 @ 9 PM. As we all know Cartoon's dance floor is very small and we know MDock is definitely a band to dance to so I had an idea. I spoke with the manager to see if we could have the patio area to ourselves. This would allow us to arrange the tables creating more dance floor space:) I got the "ok" as long as we get at least 45 ppl for the covered portion and 75 for the full patio. However we all have to arrive by 7:30 PM to hold the space.

Cover is only $7."

MDock is a great band, a lot of fun. Just passing the word if anyone is interested. ClubSpringfield has other things on their Myspace page, something just about every weekend.

Lisa, I think Electric Cowboy is the next weekend. I'm going to try to get out there for that one. Will definately be at Cartoons for the 11th, though! drinker

Journeyof1's photo
Sun 03/23/08 02:37 AM
:smile: Ernie Biggs was good, kind of a hectic, loud place. I had fun and we had a good sized group but it was too loud a place to really talk at all. I guess I'm getting old... Ok, I know I'm getting old. :wink: It was fun, though. I had to work immediately after, so I didn't get to stay as long as I would have wanted. Don't know what the plans are for next weekend, I have the grandbabies all next week so it won't be something I can do. Lisa, I hope you had fun at Electric Cowboy again. Can't wait till I can come check it out.

Journeyof1's photo
Sun 03/23/08 02:29 AM
flowerforyou Hey there, just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Easter! I hope the weather is pretty, hate hunting Easter eggs in the cold. :smile:

Journeyof1's photo
Sun 03/16/08 08:07 AM
Lisa,

Sounds like it was fun. I haven't been to the Electric Cowboy yet, I have heard a lot about it. I work evenings, drive by there and they always seem to have a good crowd. Will have to try it out, don't know about the electric bull, though! :)

Key Largo was great this weekend, large crowds, lots of fun, good music, laughter, dancing. We all had a good time. They are going to Ernie Biggs next Friday. I think I'm going to try that out, another place I have never been.

One thing I like about these things, they are all group things. No pressure, just go out and have fun. Anyway, I'm glad you had a great time at Electric Cowboy. :)

Journeyof1's photo
Sun 03/09/08 04:54 AM
Good morning! happy

Journeyof1's photo
Sun 03/09/08 04:50 AM

I still don't understand this, and hopefully someone can help me to. Everyday I get an email in the verizon account stating, "hey, someone from Just Say Hi wants to meet me" but when I get log on to just say hi, i have no new emails. Is this the new matches, i thought new matches were just people who jsh thought you would be a good match with, what am i missing here. are these actual guys who said, yes, i want to meet this woman, how does this work plezzzzzzzzzzzzzz....flowerforyou

When you log in, hit the search button, then mutual match. Then you will be asked if you are interested in meeting these people, one by one. They have obviously said they were interested in meeting you, so they will show up there. Then you can email them or they can email you. This is just one of the search options on here. At least that is my understanding of it. Hope this helps... flowerforyou

Journeyof1's photo
Sun 03/09/08 04:29 AM
Found a few get togethers that are going on next weekend. Didn't know if they would be of any interest to anyone, but I went to one on Friday night and had a blast. We all met at Milles, had dinner, then went to the Mud Lounge for dessert, then to the Skinny Improv. It was a lot of fun and met a lot of really nice people. There is a myspace page, www.myspace.com/clubspringfield, that tells more about some of the upcoming events. Other things, two St. Patty's Day dances, one Friday and one Saturday at the new Key Largo. Both start around 7:30. It seems like there are more and more things to do out there. Just a matter of knowing about them. flowerforyou

Journeyof1's photo
Sun 03/09/08 04:14 AM

Matthew went pee on the potty last night! Woo I sat him on the potty and then he got off and went to to counter so I got his tooth brush then I hear him starting to tinkle so I hurried and put him on the potty on his knees and he finished! He's 18months old!

Song, congratulations!!! This is just one of many firsts! Hold on tight and cherish the moments for they grow up fast.

Journeyof1's photo
Mon 02/18/08 03:23 AM

I am looking into meeting at a park so we can bbq and be outside and not worry about not having enough room and if we need to go off from group with some people we can. How does that sound.

Sequiota Park is nice... and they facilities that are right there. It would just have to be really nice weather though.

Journeyof1's photo
Sun 02/17/08 01:02 PM
I'm thinking of a nice tropical place. It is just too cold outside!!!

Journeyof1's photo
Sun 02/17/08 12:58 PM

where in southwest MO?

Sorry, don't get on this much. I live about 15 minutes from Branson. :)

Journeyof1's photo
Sun 02/10/08 04:11 AM
Right now, best bad guy.... John McCain. :)

Journeyof1's photo
Sat 02/09/08 05:45 PM
Hey there! Just wanted to say "Hi" from Southwest Missouri. :)

Journeyof1's photo
Fri 02/08/08 11:36 AM
I think you were right with #8, that is Mark Martin now. :) If he is even running, hate that he is "semi-retired".
A girl can always dream. :smile: