Community > Posts By > CaptainIshmael

CaptainIshmael's photo
Fri 08/08/08 05:16 PM
I'm with 'moonlight' on this one. There's a lot of stuff I wouldn't do for money or much of anything else, but the top of the list would be what she said. I'd never sell my soul for anything.

The Cap'n

CaptainIshmael's photo
Sat 06/07/08 01:23 AM
Best prank I ever pulled was with a bunch of our fellow high-schoolers. We all pitched in a few bucks and bought ALL the salt at a local supermarket. We then went to our rival high school, two nights before the game, and wrote "xxxxxx xxxxxx HS #1" Our school won the game... the grass was dead for so long... wow... it took till the next year before all the new sod they had to buy to replace the ruined was matched with the old... Expensive for them, a few bucks for us... I think we both lost out, but it's still an adventurous moment I'll always carry with me.

CaptainIshmael's photo
Sat 06/07/08 01:08 AM
Why not show the love for the Tequila? You must not be drinking Patron... It's so much better than the green label JD I used to drink back in my younger days. Great, smooth flavor... ahhh... if only they served it here in Japan...

CaptainIshmael's photo
Sat 06/07/08 01:01 AM
Hmmm. I'm here to meet interesting new people, one of who might be my life-long mate. I'm not into hook-ups... friends are nice though.

CaptainIshmael's photo
Sat 06/07/08 12:57 AM
ummm... yeah. I suppose that'd be pretty bad, but you ever get pickle juice in your eye? Now, that's bad. As for vacations... What are those again? I travel the world over and see all sorts of places people go to vacation... My vacation is mending the roof and fixing the garage door. grumble

CaptainIshmael's photo
Sat 06/07/08 12:51 AM
I know what you mean about common names... My first name, IRL, is one of the top 20 names in the USA and my middle is one of top 50. Last name is one of the top 500. I get called by wrong numbers all the time. Once, in a city in Florida, I had two fellow citizens who shared the exact name, 1st, middle, and last... Got a call one night for me to come 'Pick up your Camaro, it's finished with the overhaul.' I almost went down to pick it up... free car... anyway... yeah, common names are a bit of a nuisance. I thought my screen name would be at least a little unusual, but there's at least 3 of us captainishmaels on the web. the other two are into some weird stuff, which makes my name start to lose some of its character across the globe.

CaptainIshmael's photo
Sat 06/07/08 12:43 AM
Where's Gypsy? Where's Tom Servo!? Now, that's a question.

CaptainIshmael's photo
Sat 05/31/08 11:40 PM
Boaz, Marshall County... Any decent christian women out there who aren't alcoholics? ahhhhh.... well, I'll check you folks later, as I get the time. Sea life is one long day after another....

The Cap'n

CaptainIshmael's photo
Tue 02/26/08 09:35 AM
I keep getting these russian/asian "women" who are trying to get me for money/dating/marriage... all boils down to money scams. I get them to tell me enough about themselves so I can post them on the net as scammers. Most are cancelled accounts within 2 days so far.

Peace!

CaptainIshmael's photo
Mon 02/25/08 06:57 PM
Non-migratory african swallows dropping coconuts.... I want Patron, the hay with beer!

Cap'n Ish

CaptainIshmael's photo
Sat 02/09/08 08:11 PM
I'd have to agree with you. They tend to pick up more on Thursday and Friday nights and drop away after dinner Saturday and pick up again after lunch on Sunday briefly till about dinner time.ohwell

the Cap'n

CaptainIshmael's photo
Sun 01/27/08 09:23 PM
Hahahaha... don't let go!

I've washed many a cat in my day... Ahh, the good old days. Wait, what am I talking about?! Washing a cat has got to be the most masochistic practice a person can perform legally! I found it easier to wash my wolf than any of the cats I've owned.

Cap'n Ish

CaptainIshmael's photo
Sun 01/27/08 09:19 PM
I may call myself a christian, but only because it is something that the bible asks us to do. we ALL are hypocrites and ALL fall short... What I DON't do, however, is claim a particular brand of christianity. I consider myself to have a relationship with God, not a religion. Religion is merely a fashion show; religion is basically rite and rote. In those aspects, you are absolutely correct. I'm glad I was able to read your post. It made my day.

Cap'n Ish

CaptainIshmael's photo
Sun 01/27/08 09:03 PM
That was mildly amusing. Keep up the good work.

Cap'n Isj

CaptainIshmael's photo
Sun 11/25/07 11:16 AM
yeah... she's on anti-psychotic meds now. She told me back in march that she was moving in with her shrink's brother, scott. I hope she does/has. I need to move on and she needs all the therapy she can get.

I have seen several christian counselors (pastors/deaons) and they all seem to agree that I am on my way to living a healthy life now that I am discovering who I am and trying to get on without keeping the 'victim' mentality.

CaptainIshmael's photo
Sun 11/25/07 10:01 AM
I don't really know where to begin. I'm 31 years old and not yet ready to consider myself 'on the market' again. My lawyers are taking their sweet time with my divorce. We seperated in December, 2006, right as my father was dying. I couldn't take the physical, emotional or psychological abuse any longer. She had been married twice before, but she was and still is the only woman I've ever been with.

I tend to be a little over-analytical at times and sarcastic. I'm still trying to discover who I really am after all that has happenned over the last few years. I find it hard to trust anymore, but I am willing to make anything work that doesn't involve me being a punching bag.

Are there any other people out there who have gone through something like this? I know that our culture has shown the light on abused women for years and years, but just how often is it the husband who is batterred?