littleblondewriter's photo
Wed 08/24/11 12:44 PM
Thank you all for your comments.

Just as an extra, yes I did tell him all about my dreams, from the onset. My dating profile at the time mentioned it all and he seemed very interested and supportive. I plan to move to London next year and give everything to the screenwriting career I desire. That was one of the brief things he mentioned on the phone as to why we wouldn't work, which is fair enough. But he always knew this, so I don't think he should have let himself get close to me. If he would have left it as a casual thing that would have been fine, that's what usually happens.

Also just last Tuesday he was telling me he wanted me to meet his Dad and his close friends.
I can't contact him now as I deleted his number quickly. I didn't want to get drunk and end up contacting him, so thought it was for the best. A few minutes after the phone-call he also deactivated his facebook account.

Oh well, I probably should stop over-thinking it all now and just move on. I have learnt that I will never let things move so fast again.

Once again, thank you all for your words. I wish you all the best of luck in your dating lives :)

Wed 08/24/11 08:17 AM
if the people we fall for, always fall for us. And things don't go wrong and those happy days last.

Wed 08/24/11 08:09 AM
Hey everyone I'm new to this site, although been on and off other sites for a few years. Okay, where to start.
Over two years ago, my ex broke my heart. I spent all of the next two years making sure I wouldn't let myself get involved until I was over that pain. I dated a lot, no-one got hurt, it was fun.

Anyway a couple of months ago I met this one guy, who was different. He was so lovely to me and seemed very interested. The dating progressed quickly and he would come round my house every day, texting every day. He would stare in my eyes and tell me how beautiful (beautiful, not cute, sexy!) he thought I was. I let my guard down and started to fall for him. We decided to be in a relationship and everything was great.
Last Friday morning he left my house and everything was fine. He didn't contact me for all of the day, which I thought was a bit strange, but he said he had been busy at work and I believed him. Although when he came round that night I could sense something had changed. I tried to be normal, but the weekend was very weird. Anyway he left Sunday morning and then I got 'the call' on Monday evening 'I don't think this is going to work out.'

I just don't know where I went wrong or what could have happened. It was always him wanting to see me, making forward thinking plans, telling me he didn't want anyone else. This isn't the worst thing that ever happened and I'm not sat at home crying, but I am really confused and shocked by it all. The only thing I can think is that maybe his ex or someone else got in touch on the Friday and he decided they were more suited in the long run.

Anyone got any ideas?