Community > Posts By > mattshannonxcw

mattshannonxcw's photo
Fri 07/04/08 10:30 AM

Denton here. Whats there to do here? I'm new.

Heh... you could always come out to an XCW show on a Friday night(except for tonight as there's no show on the 4th of July). glasses

mattshannonxcw's photo
Mon 06/30/08 12:52 PM
Hurst!

mattshannonxcw's photo
Sun 06/29/08 11:28 PM

Only if steroids and over-acting qualify you as an athlete.

Then I guess that means that football and baseball are not sports. And to the original topic starter... Seriously, with gas prices the way they are, and with everything else going on in the world, you're going to blow a gasket because people post WWE topics in the sports board? Just sayin.

mattshannonxcw's photo
Sat 12/15/07 09:37 PM
Rhino was very underutilized in WWE as well. Just watch his matches and promos from the real ECW when he was allowed to be a character that lived up to the name Rhino and I think you'll agree that he was underutilized.

That being said, Vince Russo's overbooking of shows, where everything happens at once, just gives me tiredhead. So give me WWE. At least you can keep up with what's going on in WWE as they don't try to just mishmash everything together.

mattshannonxcw's photo
Wed 12/12/07 12:25 PM
Am I the only one who watched the WCW syndicated shows during the heyday of Nitro(since I didn't have cable at the time)? Who can ever forget Dusty Rhodes on commentary saying "He's goin' to the pay winda!"

mattshannonxcw's photo
Tue 12/11/07 11:33 AM
It's refreshing to come here for online wrestling conversations with actual INTELLIGENT wrestling fans rather than "smart marks." Can't remember who, whether it was Brian Pillman or Scott Steiner, but they hit the nail on the head when they said "Smart mark is an oxymoron." laugh

That said, I've ALWAYS been a Cena fan. What sickens me are when people who are actual WORKERS start dissing on the guy. Of course, those "workers" are just pissed off because they haven't gotten the call up from WWE and are stuck doing podunk indy shows in (insert small town where a low rent indy fed would run here). Could these "workers" be stuck in one territory because they're concentrating more on going on a message board or myspace and ripping on John Cena rather than trying to improve their actual ring work?

mattshannonxcw's photo
Sun 12/02/07 05:31 PM
"It just bees that way sometimes!"

-Iceman King Parsons

Looking back, Ultimate Warrior never really had a catchphrase. He just did a bunch of nonsensical promos ranting about "ONE DAY, THE MOON WILL ALIGN TO THE LEFT, AND THE STARS WILL FORM A LINE TO THE RIGHT, AND ALL THE HULKAMANIACS WILL COMBINE WITH THE WARRIORS AS ONE AS THE BEASTS OF THE EARTH ROAM THE PLAINS OF DESTRUCITY! *SNARL*"

mattshannonxcw's photo
Sat 12/01/07 03:31 PM
ME... WANT... TITLE... MATCH! :D (thank you, Chris Jericho)

And while this wasn't really a catchphrase, I remember reading in an old WWF Magazine from 1995(don't ask me why I remember this crap, lol), Michael Hayes(at the time known as Dok Hendrix) had this to say about Bret Hart's catchphrase of "Best there is, was, ever will be." (I'm paraphrasing what Hayes said, btw)...

"OK, either Bret Hart is the best there is, meaning right now. Or he's the best there was, meaning in the past. Or the best there ever will be, meaning he'll be the best in the future. If he truly believes he's all three, then he's sadly misguided."

mattshannonxcw's photo
Fri 11/23/07 01:26 PM
Double Dragon, just about any Hulk Hogan flick(although I have a soft spot for No Holds Barred, it's one of those train wrecks that you can't stop watching.. lol)

mattshannonxcw's photo
Wed 11/21/07 10:55 PM
I liked Street Fighter as guilty pleasure(much the same reason I liked No Holds Barred with Hulk Hogan... don't ask. lol) But Mortal Kombat was one of, if not the first movie to get the movie based on video game formula right.

mattshannonxcw's photo
Wed 11/21/07 02:25 PM
I actually like the way Orton has been pushed lately. I wouldn't say he's a lousy promo guy, but that's just me. At least he doesn't sound like he's trying to remember what his script said, i.e. Batista. But meh, just my opinion.

Anybody here watch any indy wrestling(ROH, PWG, *coughXCWcough*)?

mattshannonxcw's photo
Wed 11/21/07 11:50 AM
I was laughing my ass off when Jericho clotheslined the torch runner... I think that was a shot to the internet by WWE for spoiling Jericho's return.

I'm glad Triple H has stopped doing the 10 year long promos(ok, I exaggerate, but you get the idea). The promo he did with Kane, Jeff Hardy & Rey Mysterio at Survivor Series was hilarious. When Kane made reference to the Katie Vick storyline, & Trips went, "Um, sorry about that," like it was no big deal. laugh

This reminds me... I've gotta go to WWE Shopzone & pick up the Triumph & Tragedy of World Class DVD/T-shirt combo.happy

mattshannonxcw's photo
Wed 11/21/07 12:00 AM
Make that three of us.