Community > Posts By > Maestra

Maestra's photo
Tue 12/18/07 04:56 PM
Hello there - welcome aboard

Maestra's photo
Tue 12/18/07 04:51 PM
I remember the first time I heard Dan Fogelberg. I was 18 years old and visiting my sister, who lived out in the boonies (up by Yosemite). She had the Home Free album. Last night, when I heard that he had died, I had to revisit that album, and it immediately brought back the smell, sounds, and feel of that particular day. I remember it as if it were yesterday. Since that time, I have been a fan of Dan Fogelberg. I got to see him one in 1984 in San Francisco, and then again in 2003 in Saratoga. He was a wonderful artist and musical storyteller. I will miss his music greatly. Not only for the sound of it, but for the joy of playing it. I am a guitarist, and I remember being so excited about learning Leader of the Band! A great acoustic piece lyrically and instrumentally.

Maestra's photo
Tue 12/18/07 04:48 PM
Just a little on the piano - but I make my living with a guitar

Maestra's photo
Tue 12/18/07 01:14 PM
thank you for your posts Abra - they are well thought out and coherent. I am a teacher and I am so glad to hear this other side given a voice. I have students of all different faiths, and if some of the other, less mainstream faiths were given a voice in school, I bet all ##ll would break loose. Fair play is important - even for Christians.

Maestra's photo
Tue 12/18/07 01:08 PM
BRRRR!! I'm definitely a California person! Too cold for me. No wonder my relatives all moved out here. Even 60 is a little too cold.

Mourning the loss of Dan Fogleberg, so listening to a bunch of his stuff now.

Maestra's photo
Tue 12/18/07 12:39 PM
Hey there! How are you doing? I'm (unfortunately) listening to Hannah Montana at the moment. Or rather - my daughter and her little friend are listening to it. I am merely being subjected to it. are you snowed in?

Maestra's photo
Tue 12/18/07 11:58 AM
Dan Fogelberg - To the Morning

Maestra's photo
Sat 12/15/07 03:50 PM
Look at what happens inside and outside of the pasture: animals that are NOT in a pasture are either locked up in a stall, small corral (sp?), or are working. Those that get put into the pasture get to run around, eat as much as they want AND fool around. Hey! I want to be in a pasture!

Maestra's photo
Fri 12/14/07 03:39 PM
Wow. I would be SO mad! Unbelievable.

Maestra's photo
Fri 12/14/07 03:29 PM

Just another example of Christianity being used to support bigotry prejudice and male-chauvinism.

This is funny because we were just talking about how damaging Christianity can be in another thread and BINGO, up pops an example. laugh

Bigotry??? Prdjudice???

To many self proclaimed Christians theses days think that the WORDS of God r just a guideline....WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think too many self-proclaimed Christians read the words of God but do not understand them or practice them. Christianity has a very long, consistent history of bigotry, prejudice and injustice, as most major religions do. If you really read the words that Jesus says, it is clear that he was a radical in his time. His words challenge the belief system of those who read them and really think about them. But so do the words of Mohammed, Bhudda, and other great figures of religions. The followers of all these religions make their own interpretations, and each one believes he/she is right. But somehow, the words are lost in the process, and blind belief without true understanding occurs. If you read the words of these great figures, and pay attention to THOSE instead of the words of their followers, I think we would see a more peaceful place

Maestra's photo
Fri 12/14/07 03:21 PM
hmmm . . . he never has a second cup at HOME

Maestra's photo
Fri 12/14/07 03:05 PM
The Bible also says that women are to keep their heads covered. I don't see a whole lot of hats . . .

Maestra's photo
Fri 12/14/07 02:58 PM

That makes no sense...you want a woman under you then?

Cause you are the one advertising for a woman for an intimate encounter...

Well I could switch over to my account if that would make you fell better. I just found it easier to use my wifes seeings how she was already signed in!

You are advertising for a woman and you are married???? How does that fit in with scripture???huh grumble :angry:

Maestra's photo
Fri 12/14/07 02:57 PM
Edited by Maestra on Fri 12/14/07 02:58 PM

For those who know what I am talking about do you feel the way I do?

Here are two Great REASONS why Hillary Clinton shouldn't be president!!!!!!

1.)
1st. Timothy Chapter 2 VS. 12
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence!

2.)
Gen. Chapter 3 VS. 16
Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over THEE!

So is it OK for women to teach in high school? College? Adult ed? According to this - I guess not. We'd better be looking for a lot of new teachers and politicians.

So many things in the Bible are cultural and time sensitive. Many verses can be taken out of context and mispplied. It always amazes me how some people latch on to a verse here or there, and disregard others. What about fasting? How many Christians observe fasting as it says to in the Bible. Jesus himself fasted, and that could be used as an example, but I don't know of many who follow that either. Why not?

I can think of many reasons to either vote for or against Hillary, but none of them have anything to do with those scriptures.

Maestra's photo
Fri 12/14/07 02:46 PM
Wow - you guys listed a bunch of the best! Here are a few more:

Flamenco style: Paco de Lucia, Juan Serrano, and Vicente Amigo
Acoustic Style: Tommy Emmanuel
Rock: Ronnie Montrose, Ted Nugent (Stranglehold)

I think my other favorites are already on here somewhere, but if I take a few minutes, I could fill a few pages!

Maestra's photo
Sun 12/09/07 11:23 PM
We DID make it!! Yahoo! What a different world we live in now

Maestra's photo
Sat 12/08/07 10:40 PM
El Nicoya - Santana

Maestra's photo
Sat 12/08/07 10:18 PM
Tea for One - Led Zeppelin

Maestra's photo
Sat 12/08/07 10:01 PM
Kid Fears - Indigo Girls

Maestra's photo
Sat 12/08/07 09:55 PM
I'm OK - a horrendous week, but at least I an sleep in tomorrow.

Forever and Ever - Armik

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 21 22