Community > Posts By > Drivinmenutz

Drivinmenutz's photo
Thu 12/24/09 08:21 PM
Edited by Drivinmenutz on Thu 12/24/09 08:25 PM

It's just an illusion that America has slipped. Kinda like the illusion that Toyota builds a better car than Chevy.

The tests are standardized or graded by one agency.
It would take me awhile to explain, but here is a short version.

European countries are the size of one US State. If you want a fair comparison take only one US State and compare that to a European Country.
Or, Avg every European country into one lump grade and compare that to the US.
Before you do all this however, add in an equally diverse population to Europe.
Something like the 70% of illegal immigrant children who drop out of HS every year.
It's an illusion people.

This is interesting... And while i don't disagree, i still have to argue against the centralization of power over any school system (or government). And this is my argument against the department of education. One size does not always fit all...

I think you and i agree more than we would like to admit... We seem to agree on the problem, just not the source.

I'm trying to say that an International rating system doesn't mean squat.

The Dept of Education is fundamental in standardizing a National equality.

Without it would create a substandard Education in many States. Children of poor families would get a raw deal.
Black, White, and Hispanic.

On a National avg the test results would be far lower.

"F" Ron Paul and his silly arse BS.
The guy is out of touch, and there is a reason the guy can never claim more than 2% of the vote in a Presidential Race.

Is that what you think bro?
Or was it just me?

LOL:wink:

Ron Paul is probably one of the most honest and intelligent politicians out there. In fact i think he is more in touch of reality than anyone in our current administration.
Popularlity does not mean a thing, positive or negative. Although i do find it interesting that he received more donations from military me than every other candidate combined. Nevertheless, people in masses are stupid. This is why our forefathers spoke out against a democracy, and gave us a republic instead. The democratic counterpart of the republic was merely to keep the powers in check.

What happened? People became complacent and stupid. If everyone knew how our banking worked, no one would put their money in it.

Anyhow...

But... He obviously does not know everything... And neither do I. All he preaches are the fundementals that our country was founded on.

You call it B.S. But i have to repeat quotes from our founding father.

"I have no fear that the result of our experiment will be that men may be trusted to govern themselves without a master. "
Thomas Jefferson

"Sometimes it is said that man cannot be trusted with the government of himself. Can he, then be trusted with the government of others? Or have we found angels in the form of kings to govern him? Let history answer this question. "
Thomas Jefferson

All Ron Paul preaches is that we need to be more independent. All i say is that i think he's is on to something.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Thu 12/24/09 07:23 PM
Edited by Drivinmenutz on Thu 12/24/09 07:24 PM

It's just an illusion that America has slipped. Kinda like the illusion that Toyota builds a better car than Chevy.

The tests are standardized or graded by one agency.
It would take me awhile to explain, but here is a short version.

European countries are the size of one US State. If you want a fair comparison take only one US State and compare that to a European Country.
Or, Avg every European country into one lump grade and compare that to the US.
Before you do all this however, add in an equally diverse population to Europe.
Something like the 70% of illegal immigrant children who drop out of HS every year.
It's an illusion people.

This is interesting... And while i don't disagree, i still have to argue against the centralization of power over any school system (or government). And this is my argument against the department of education. One size does not always fit all...

I think you and i agree more than we would like to admit... We seem to agree on the problem, just not the source.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Thu 12/24/09 07:20 PM

I'm attacking a domestic enemy!

The Republican, Anti-American Party!

The biggest domestic threat this country has faced since the American Revolution!

rofl

What what is it you think "America" Stands for? I guess i can see why you where a sheep would side withthe wolves to take on the lion...

But the wolves are a threat too my friend. Go ahead and blind yourself with color, and choose sides. The only way you will be informative to people is to stop the petty party bashing and start educating them on how things work, and how certain proposals could endanger or help us.

Ignorance has always been our biggest enemy my friend. Always, to mankind, and since long before the revolution. drinker Merry christmas my brother!

Drivinmenutz's photo
Thu 12/24/09 12:13 PM
Edited by Drivinmenutz on Thu 12/24/09 12:13 PM

That underscored the potential political dilemma facing Republicans in Washington who oppose additional funding that governors of their own party may want.

"A house divided against itself cannot stand"

Let the Republican Party fall!

Great, give all the power to the corrupt democrats. At least now the corrupt parties appear to have the illusion of fighting eachother.

On the positive side, at least people might think about the issues instead of the parties. Hmmm.... Maybe we should do that now instead of devoting our time to attacking another party... Biased = ignorance.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Thu 12/24/09 12:08 PM

what happened to telling your child that behavior is not acceptable

^lol did you know in some inner city highschools they grade for behavior, that is too funny, isn't that grade supposed to end in Kindergarten?....again, the courts and the federal government have intervened so much in the household and in the school systems it has gotten to the point where children can not be raised properly or educated properly....On all levels....sad thing is it's only going to get worse with all this political correctness.....Teachers deserve the Noble Peace prize just for having the courage to walk in a classroom these days.

grading for behavior doesnt end at high school, try going to a job with a bad attitude and see how quickly you will be dismissed from that job,,,appropriate behavior is a life long required skill that should be applied everywhere, home, school, and work.

I think Drivin got it on the head, parents are befriending more than parenting, kids are being raised more by media than family and community, technology is replacing the need to think for one self,and in general, communities of adults are feeling less 'responsible' for anyone but themself.

drinker

I wonder how we can reteach the population a little personal responsibility?

Drivinmenutz's photo
Thu 12/24/09 12:04 PM

flowerforyou !

you give me too much credit ms.buttonblushing , i am just another teenage boy flexing his pseudo intellectual robustness, all flash no content :P

but i agree this is not the land of the "free" but rather land of the privileged, yet still there are many people out there who would gladly their trade rebel insurgency for our taxes lol.
lol!rofl rofl to the first part

as to the second part.. it is land of the privileged , however why does it seem protrayed to other countries that all here are privileged?..and sure we must have the best colleges overall in america.. why do u suppose that we ship in people from the other countries to provide them with education? to pay the high costs of the education is why..in return we ship out our business to pay thier countries low wages.. hummm

From CBS news

The United States is losing ground in education, as peers across the globe zoom by with bigger gains in student achievement and school graduations, a study shows.

Among adults age 25 to 34, the U.S. is ninth among industrialized nations in the share of its population that has at least a high school degree. In the same age group, the United States ranks seventh, with Belgium, in the share of people who hold a college degree.

...we were number one just twenty years ago,,what happened?

It's called the "Department of Education".

Department of Education was invented in 1977 under the Carter presidency.

Seems to me, like we were number one until 1980 or so, and then we slipped to place number 12 or 13. Either way... We have to ask how much the Department of Education actually helped us.

The Dept of Ed Organization Act is what was signed into law in 1979.

All it did was seperate Department of Health, Education, and Welfare into the Department of Education and the Department of Health and Human Services.

The Department of Health, Education, and Welfare was first proposed by President Harding in 1923. It was signed into law and officially created by Dwight D. Eisenhower on March 12, 1953.

You've been listening to Ron Paul again haven't you?
LOL

No sir, been doing my own research. Perhaps i could be wrong, but carter was at least wanting to take credit for signing it into affect in 1977. When they separated the departments, did the department of education have more power than before? Or perhaps more funding? Things to take into consideration...

But what you say may make sense. After all, how long has the school system taught students that America is a democracy? (This still ticks me off.)

One thing, that i have found to be true, you may disagree, but in the military small units are much more affective. When the units become bigger, the power gets more centralized. Following this is mismanagement, and inefficiency. Do you have any idea how easy it is for a team of 4, combined with a mortar team, to take on hundreds of U.S. troops and come out unharmed? Chaos is easy to create when power is centralized and units are too big.

Wonder if that comes into effect for the rest of the government too...

Either way, i don't know of any teacher that approves of the majority of our educational system. My mother was a teacher, my sister tests children for learning disabilities, my cousin/neighbor is also in childhood development, studying to become a teacher.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Thu 12/24/09 11:43 AM

it still amazes me that noone on the right still don't know what they are talking about when it comes to this issue.

So? Noone on the left does either! laugh laugh rofl frustrated F*** em all, says this anarcho-capitalist.

drinker drinker drinker

Drivinmenutz's photo
Wed 12/23/09 09:10 AM

flowerforyou !

you give me too much credit ms.buttonblushing , i am just another teenage boy flexing his pseudo intellectual robustness, all flash no content :P

but i agree this is not the land of the "free" but rather land of the privileged, yet still there are many people out there who would gladly their trade rebel insurgency for our taxes lol.

as to the second part.. it is land of the privileged , however why does it seem protrayed to other countries that all here are privileged?..and sure we must have the best colleges overall in america.. why do u suppose that we ship in people from the other countries to provide them with education? to pay the high costs of the education is why..in return we ship out our business to pay thier countries low wages.. hummm

From CBS news

The United States is losing ground in education, as peers across the globe zoom by with bigger gains in student achievement and school graduations, a study shows.

Among adults age 25 to 34, the U.S. is ninth among industrialized nations in the share of its population that has at least a high school degree. In the same age group, the United States ranks seventh, with Belgium, in the share of people who hold a college degree.

Seems to me, like we were number one until 1980 or so, and then we slipped to place number 12 or 13. Either way... We have to ask how much the Department of Education actually helped us.

Well, the article says twenty years ago which would place us at number on in 1990, 13 years after Carter. So what was the difference between the first dozen years and the last twenty?

We didn't go from first to 12th overnight.

According to my sociology textbook we started slipping in the late late 70's early 80's.

It's been pretty steady since.

In psychology we studied how government regulations required schools to continually "dumb down" their textbooks/instruction because people were "having trouble keeping up". Supposedly we have gone through several of these "dumbing down" processes.

This is all before i ever found out when the DOE was invented.

Either way, since 1990, i think you will find less concentration on core components of Reading, writing, and arithmetic, and more components on things like computer/typing proficiencies, and cultural awareness.

I also think you will find parents less able (AND less willing) to teach their kids pretty much anything, as now it's nearly impossible to have only one working parent. This has little to do with the DOE, and more to do with economics, and some feminists that became a bit too extreme.

This all kinda plays into what we have been talking about in the original post.

Parents have less time with their kids, and less discipline makes that time more about plopping their kid in fron of a television set, or video game console to keep them entertained. Kids start to struggle in school because their brains aren't being worked as they are supposed to. Video games can and do lead to forms of ADD after all... Since they are struggling, the DOE threatens to cut funding to schools if they don't purchase simpler textbooks and direct more attention to the kids that are struggling, which in turn directs attention away from those really smart kids that are now getting awfully bored. (The easier curriculum is so the U.S. students look better, which hurts us in the long run.) So, once again, we sacrifice the future for the sake of the present. Now it's catching up to us.

The same thing happened to us economically.

Also, because parents aren't around as much, the kids are being raised more by state-approved organizations that don't like being sued. Now kids are kept from falling down and getting hurt. You never grow up if you don't have a few scrapped knees.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Tue 12/22/09 11:21 PM
Screw it, people don't want a better system. They just want a cheap system.

No one really cares where the problem is, just that they don't have to worry about it.

Lessons will be learned soon. Within my lifetime anyhow. The system can't last forever without drastic changes.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Tue 12/22/09 11:13 PM
Edited by Drivinmenutz on Tue 12/22/09 11:14 PM

flowerforyou !

From CBS news

Drivinmenutz's photo
Tue 12/22/09 11:11 PM

well I didn't work in a hospital. I worked for a doctor's office and then for a diagnostic center. Those were like pulling teeth as it is. I couldn't imagine doing billing for a hospital. And it was always the government insurances that I had the most trouble with and they have the lowest contractual prices as well

My mother works for a billing agency. I can at least understand your point of view on this.

If you add insurance, you need to calculate the cost of insurance agents, billing agents, extra secretaries for the hospitals to keep more paperwork, and that leads to practices like "defensive medicine", which makes things even less efficient.

So taking the amount of extra employees you have to pay alone accounts for much of your $1,000 ER bill.

Then, as you said, Medicare will usually pay about $500 of that. So now the hospitals are starting to hurt financially, and where are they going to get the money, if not from the people and the staff?

I don't know....i'm just ranting... the whole thing ticks me off.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Tue 12/22/09 10:59 PM
Edited by Drivinmenutz on Tue 12/22/09 11:05 PM

I can understand that drivin. I used to do insurance billing for medicare/medicaid...private insurances....everything.

Bugs me...just bugs me. Under one president the government cannot be trusted, under another the government SHOULD be trusted. Screw that.

One answer to any problems we have with healthcare. Efficiency.

If we want to have the best wuality healthcare, for the most affordable price, you take a chainsaw to the red tape that was created. Cut out almost all third parties. Medicare/medicade have to go. Insurance should only be used if you genuinely can't afford coverage. Meaning: if you can afford beer and cigaretts but can't afford to pay your $150 doctor visit, you are wrong.

And for docs. Price gouging is wrong.

Step one, do away with regulations on medical schools (America, knowing there is a shortage of docs, only allow so many to graduate here in the U.S.)

Next, encourage hospitals to discourage the use of insurance.

Dr. Berry, In Tenn. Does this, and refuses any medicare or medicade patients. He only charges $35 a visit and often you can schedule a same day visit.

Wonder why that doesn't work for heavily regulated practices....

Either way. You will never find efficiency in bureaucracy. In fact, demorat, or republican, 90% of legislation benefits someone whose giving someone else money.

"People will never be taken care of unless they learn to take care of themselves."

This will be a though lesson to learn, but many will learn this within my lifetime.

For the most part, a Public option alone, will take the financial pressure from the people, and place it on the medical staff... That's your doctors and nurses and corresponding aids.

I will not go to college for 12 years and rack up a $200,000 bill, only to make $50,000 a year, would you?

Drivinmenutz's photo
Tue 12/22/09 10:43 PM
to be perfectly honest, medicare and medicade are a big part of our problem. So i say overhall those, before starting anew. I bet my hospitalcould higher quite a bit more help with the 45 million dollars medicare owes them. And....if they actually paid the most of the bill when they did pay their hospitals....

Frankly i don't care much about the threat to medicade or medicare. I care more about the fact that the same retards the screwed those systems in the first place, are taking over more power.

Not to worry, our entire system will implode in the next 20 years (unless something drastic changes like moving to a world currency, or everyone in washington suddenly becomes honest). It's pretty much a mathematical certainty.

And by the way...the attacks on republicans or democrats is really counter productive when it comes to informing the masses...

Time to kick back and watch the fireworks.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Tue 12/22/09 12:57 AM
Edited by Drivinmenutz on Tue 12/22/09 01:00 AM

flowerforyou !

From CBS news

Drivinmenutz's photo
Wed 12/09/09 10:12 AM

The health care bill is so wonderful that all the members of congress and the senate can't wait to sign themselves up for it.

It's such a wonderful plan that they have to ram it through before anyone has a chance to really read it.

drinks

Drivinmenutz's photo
Sun 12/06/09 10:18 PM
David, you rockdrinker Good to see your philosophies and common sense again.drinks

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 11/30/09 06:13 PM

Hey.
It's been good talking with you brother but I must go.

See ya soon and remember.
Follow Me!

drinker drinker drinker drinker

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 11/30/09 06:12 PM
Military docs are usually doing their resident programs... Or they are career military.

Not a bad deal though... I'm thinking about going that route.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 11/30/09 06:09 PM

$50,000?

These are avgs.

Where for? That looks like U.S. payscale...

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 11/30/09 06:06 PM

Actually the defense budget is about a third if i am not mistaken.

Right now.
Two wars.
21%

Less than a quarter.

Interesting....