Community > Posts By > Joserr2

no photo
Mon 07/11/11 08:35 PM
Reading the Bible cover to cover will not make you more saint or closer to God. Is a start but I know a lot of agnostics, university profesors that read the Bible. They do not understand the Bible the same way as a real christian. Totally different understanding. I carried a new testament while in the military and tried to read it many time and could not get anything out. But when I gave my life and accepted Jesus as my Lord and savior evrything was very clear to me. Even without Bible studies. Later yes, I attended Bible studies and my understanding expanded. Only the Holly Spirit can openup our understanding to be able to not only read the Bible but to get an understanding which is more important than reading the whole Bible.

Paul tried to explain this principle to the church of Corinthian.

2Corinthian 3:14-15

14 But the people's minds were hardened, and to this day whenever the old covenant is being read, the same veil covers their minds so they cannot understand the truth. And this veil can be removed only by believing in Christ
15 But unto this day, whensoever Moses is read, a veil lieth upon their heart.

Jehova witness read, promote, the Bible (well..their Bible version)But they lack this principle. Is a Spiritual matter and not a knowlege issue. I alway try to get people to understand that when christianity was florished there were no Bibles. Just manuscripts, letters and pieces here and there. But no Bibles specially for the non-jewish people. They only had Paul and helpers to teach them, so you have to think; How they became christians without Bibles?

So, Reading the Bible is Good, but getting an understanding of the Bible is another matter.

Hope this Help, God Bless

no photo
Mon 07/11/11 07:54 PM
Should a Christian date Non-Christians? What is the risk?

no photo
Sat 07/09/11 08:50 PM
Hi, will like to meet christian ladies in El Paso Las Cruces area.

Thank you and God Bless

2 Next