FullyEnjoyingLife's photo
Mon 05/12/08 09:15 AM
I am at the other end of the age spread. As a man of 60 and having been divorced a couple of years, I've given this question a lot of thought. First, does the couple desire a short or long termed relationship? I presume the latter is true for the woman and a wait-and-see attitude is true for the man.

That said, I've come to accept that life with a woman even 10 years younger would be difficult at best. Anything is possible but a 9 or 10 year spread would present increasingly serious challenges as the years tick off. I don't envision the same being true, initially, for a couple under 40. However, I would characterize the relationship challenges of a woman of 20 and a man of even 30 as problematic. The reverse? Who would agree that society as a whole loathes the reverse in any age window? That is not at question and though it may seem unfair, it is unfair reality.
Life's experiences and lessons learned form a fabric, of sorts, for a couple. They need to be left to weave their memories in situations in which they can both relate to. Could it be that a 5-year spread is the maximum?
Btw, I've always viewed hugh heffner as a horses ***. This is especially true today but becomes more sickening and sad as he continues. No, gentlemen, I can honestly say that I wouldn't ever have chosen a life as his. I'll take one good woman, thanks. I have nothing to prove.

Sat 05/10/08 09:11 AM
I've got to jump-in on this. The funniest I've heard is, "Say, could you help me? I've lost my puppy. He was last seen near that cheap motel across the street".

Sun 03/16/08 01:21 PM
Dead on, gardenforge! It's easy to copy and paste anti-American garbage from the safety of a warm computer. Support our Troops and ignore this "jane fondle" of the blog.

Sun 03/16/08 09:09 AM
Have you noticed that liberals will be the first to attack a person not in agreement? It's called name calling and attacking the person, not the issue. Regarding the issue, inform the person favoring gun confication that the states most recently permitting concealed crime have experienced significant drops in "soft target" crimes. The statistics are free from opinion and nothing to faint over.